Vancouver Island to Alberta

Scrambled

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That place looks cool ruffly how would I get there,I'm not worried about sloppy I brought good boots. As long as I can get close in a car I'd love to check it out. Thanks little Duke.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That place looks cool ruffly how would I get there,I'm not worried about sloppy I brought good boots. As long as I can get close in a car I'd love to check it out. Thanks little Duke.
Its called Dry island buffalo jump.

Screenshot_20220316-152128_Maps.jpg

getzcold

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There’s a decent little restaurant in trouchu kinda on Main Street. I can’t remember the name of it off top of my head though. They also got a good gun club there. That’s all I got as I only ever go to the pig plant up there. Good deal on pork in there shop there too.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Sorry. Had to. Yellowhead doesn't go anywhere near Hope, lol.
Didn't it join into the Coq?
A spur of the Yellowhead Highway, Highway 5, also known as the Southern Yellowhead Highway, connects the main highway at Tête Jaune Cache midway between the Alberta-British Columbia border and Prince George.[1] The highway continues past Kamloopsbefore following the Coquihalla Highway to Hope. Unlike Highway 16, route 5 is not branded as being part of the Trans-Canada system and retains the original Yellowhead signage

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Didn't it join into the Coq?
A spur of the Yellowhead Highway, Highway 5, also known as the Southern Yellowhead Highway, connects the main highway at Tête Jaune Cache midway between the Alberta-British Columbia border and Prince George.[1] The highway continues past Kamloopsbefore following the Coquihalla Highway to Hope. Unlike Highway 16, route 5 is not branded as being part of the Trans-Canada system and retains the original Yellowhead signage
There you go. It was my understanding that just 16 right to the coast was called the Yellowhead.
Edit; And I drive those highways a lot. Guess I'll be looking closer at signs.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
There you go. It was my understanding that just 16 right to the coast was called the Yellowhead.
Edit; And I drive those highways a lot. Guess I'll be looking closer at signs.
When you first pointed it out, I went to Google and the Yellowhead went to Jasper, Tete, and then up to McBride, etc.. I was thinking why do I see signs on the Coq? Then I read a little bit on Wikipedia and that is what I copied/pasted. Another learning situation for me.

Scrambled

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did the dry island park yesterday, hiked around for 3 hours, that place is awesome, I was the only one there so it was very peaceful, stayed off the main trail's and used the deer trails . Parking was up top so the climb up the hill at the end was a little Ruff . Took RR roads back which was good to see all the farms. Thanks Lil Duke for the suggestion it was just what I was looking for.

Attachments

• 20220317_135428.jpg
    20220317_135428.jpg
    430.2 KB · Views: 81
  • 20220317_141926.jpg
    20220317_141926.jpg
    591.4 KB · Views: 81

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did the dry island park yesterday, hiked around for 3 hours, that place is awesome, I was the only one there so it was very peaceful, stayed off the main trail's and used the deer trails . Parking was up top so the climb up the hill at the end was a little Ruff . Took RR roads back which was good to see all the farms. Thanks Lil Duke for the suggestion it was just what I was looking for.

No problem. Glad you enjoyed it

Cheers

Top Bottom