Vancouver Canucks for the Cup

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok Vancouver gotta get the job done tonight!! No goofing off or taking things for granted. One net, one puck and the two must meet.... and I dont mean our net :p:p Go Canucks Go!

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good win nashville! And I really hope someone puts keslar in his place, no class or respect. I am really surprised cherry hasn't commented on how if he was playing in the old days he wouldn't have any teeth left pulling that crap.....

POWDERSLUT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
true dat...i dont mind listening to hughson,simpson and healy in the regular season but this is bull chit listening to these guys whine about everything any nashville player does.He hit him to hard ,u cant touch the sisters,that wasnt a high stick...The NHL should make them commentate the eastern division and bring the eastern commentators to the west .

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
true dat...i dont mind listening to hughson,simpson and healy in the regular season but this is bull chit listening to these guys whine about everything any nashville player does.He hit him to hard ,u cant touch the sisters,that wasnt a high stick...The NHL should make them commentate the eastern division and bring the eastern commentators to the west .

Agreed 1000x. It seems to be worse each game. If it was the other way around, they would of bitched about taunting the bench and shooting a puck in the empty net. Both of those are stupid childish things. I'd love to see the NHL get enough complaints about them to move them to the east. It would be a nice slap in the face.

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Obviously you guys haven't listened to Bob Cole during a Maple Leaf game and and now with Habs games if you think Simpson is biased.

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Obviously you guys haven't listened to Bob Cole during a Maple Leaf game and and now with Habs games if you think Simpson is biased.

You have been on this thread...cyle doesn't listen or hear anybody or anything. His judgement is far to impaired by hatred . Next he will be telling us that impartial announcing is what is allowing them to win!! lol
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
GO CAnucks

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You have been on this thread...cyle doesn't listen or hear anybody or anything. His judgement is far to impaired by hatred . Next he will be telling us that impartial announcing is what is allowing them to win!! lol
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
GO CAnucks

Umm if you haven't noticed montreal has been out for a while, so who cares? And yes they are bias to, but nowhere near as bad.....

zduck14

Reaction score
quite honestly aside from the head shot against the Oiler and the one in question against the Hawks, torres was not know to be a dirty player. Even against the Preds he has been good.

I don't understand how fans think Torres is dirty. Gritty and hard-nosed, yes, but not dirty. The hit on Eberle only looked dirty because Eberle put himslef in a vulnerable position as he openly admitted himself. Torres somehow gets an unwarranted suspension and people start comparing him to Matt Cooke.

Comparing canucks to detriot in terms of classy play is a outright insult to detroit. Doesn't matter what they did in the regular season, but they are dirty as hell in the playoffs. Torres is just another one....

About to watch the frigging games in mute, craig simpson and the other commentators are so fawking stupid.

Cyle, how can you honestly tell us that Vancouver is "dirty as hell"? Please enlighten us on these views with some examples.

Just because you don't think they're classy, doesn't mean that's the opinion of the rest of the league. This team has turned into one of the most desirable teams to play for and makes teams like Edmonton and Calgary look like a bit of a joke. (no offense to the rest of the Oilers and Flames fans)

What bothers me is the twins not playing to their capacity ( I know suprise suprise). But that being said the Canucks are still getting goals and winning games. Just like I said months ago!!

I think there are two problems with the Sedin's right now. First, Henrik is obviously injured and with him being the setup man, it affects their line tremendously. Second, their line has had to play against the top two defensive pairings in the NHL so far in the playoffs in Keith & Seabrook and now against Weber & Suter. This makes it extremely hard for guys like the Sedin's that aren't exactly the biggest players on the ice.

It's going to catch up with them sooner or later, they have to produce to keep going. Nashville is playing like crap, not the same team that beat out anaheim.....they would of been out in 4 if they played this badly against anaheim.

Maybe think about what you're saying before you hit post. Anaheim would have been an easier opponent for Vancouver simply because they have no defense. When an 18 year old rookie is on your top defensive pairing (and his name isn't Doughty), and you're forced to use Ray Emery in net, there's gonna be problems. Think about it, Anaheim gave up almost 4 goals per game to Nashville of all teams. Not exactly an offensive powerhouse like the Canucks. On top of this, they don't have a defensive pairing that could've shut down the Sedin's.

By the way, Nashville is playing like crap because they're up against the top defensive team in the league.

:beer:

zduck14

Reaction score
Good win nashville! And I really hope someone puts keslar in his place, no class or respect. I am really surprised cherry hasn't commented on how if he was playing in the old days he wouldn't have any teeth left pulling that crap.....

Can you honestly tell me that you wouldn't love to have the "playoff MVP so far"-Don Cherry, on the Oiler's right now? Kesler is the best two way forward in the NHL right now and I guarantee every team out there would give up almost anything to acquire him (He's easily a top 10-15 player in the league).

Umm if you haven't noticed montreal has been out for a while, so who cares? And yes they are bias to, but nowhere near as bad.....

You can't really blame Jim Hughson for being a little biased towards the Canucks. The guy was born in Fort St. John, grew up a Canucks fan, worked as the Canucks play-by-play guy for years and still lives in BC. He even won several gemini awards for his announcing.

AkNomad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think there are two problems with the Sedin's right now. First, Henrik is obviously injured and with him being the setup man, it affects their line tremendously. Second, their line has had to play against the top two defensive pairings in the NHL so far in the playoffs in Keith & Seabrook and now against Weber & Suter. This makes it extremely hard for guys like the Sedin's that aren't exactly the biggest players on the ice.
So are you saying they didn't have to play against the top d lines in the NHL during the regular season? That argument is weak and doesn't hold any water because A) if they played againt the weaker D lines then maybe, just maybe, that is why they were such a huge scoring threat in the regular seaso and B) If they did play against the best D lines in the NHL during the reg season then what is their excuse in the playoffs? This is the time when the best players shine and the Sedins lights have been getting dim for several weeks. No excuses, this is hockey, either step it up or get off the ice because your not helping your team. :eek: OK, enough of that.

Can you feel the noose tightening Canuck fans?? I thought after that game 4 win that this series would be over, guess I gave them a bit too much credit. If Nashville wins tonight it's anybody's game in game 7. Luongo can't stop a breakaway to save his life and Joel Ward has become a force to be reckoned with. ;)

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So are you saying they didn't have to play against the top d lines in the NHL during the regular season? That argument is weak and doesn't hold any water because A) if they played againt the weaker D lines then maybe, just maybe, that is why they were such a huge scoring threat in the regular seaso and B) If they did play against the best D lines in the NHL during the reg season then what is their excuse in the playoffs? This is the time when the best players shine and the Sedins lights have been getting dim for several weeks. No excuses, this is hockey, either step it up or get off the ice because your not helping your team. :eek: OK, enough of that.

Can you feel the noose tightening Canuck fans?? I thought after that game 4 win that this series would be over, guess I gave them a bit too much credit. If Nashville wins tonight it's anybody's game in game 7. Luongo can't stop a breakaway to save his life and Joel Ward has become a force to be reckoned with. ;)

Cant really explain the Sedin's so you wont find any argument there for the exception I think there is an injury.

As for the noose, I dont feel like that. Sure Ward has put some numbers up but so has Kesler. Again overall we have outplayed this team and if it were not for a few lucky bounces and a great goalie lights out. Dont forget Chicago's challenges with Nashville last year. Look at the Detroit/San Jose series now. Chit happens and a couple brain fart moments the game has changed. As for Luongo, I think this argument is getting old. I have watched a fair bit of playoff hockey this year and I have seen several "goalie should have had that" goal with others. So they all have their moments to shine. As for breakaways, people in the stands dont get excited for no reason on a breakaway. Because the chance of getting a goal is greater. So your saying no other goalie lets in a goal on a breakaway? Luongo also made some great saves on breakaways. What about those ones? There is my daily rant! :d:d and Go Canucks Go for tonight!

AkNomad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I suppose evey one of those Canuck goals were all clean and intended goals eh?? No lucky bounces for them?? I think not and as far as Kesler goes, that guy could have a career as an actor, right along with Joe Thornton. These guys are suppose to be tough and watching them flop on the ice trying to draw a whistle is embarrassing.:eek:

You know my feelings about Luongo so I won't address that subject anymore, Thomas is getting the Vezina anyways.;):p

I picked the Canucks to take this series in 7 but they should be done with it already. Why is that?? You say luck, I say it's a lack of having that killer instinct.

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I suppose evey one of those Canuck goals were all clean and intended goals eh?? No lucky bounces for them?? I think not and as far as Kesler goes, that guy could have a career as an actor, right along with Joe Thornton. These guys are suppose to be tough and watching them flop on the ice trying to draw a whistle is embarrassing.:eek:

You know my feelings about Luongo so I won't address that subject anymore, Thomas is getting the Vezina anyways.;):p

I picked the Canucks to take this series in 7 but they should be done with it already. Why is that?? You say luck, I say it's a lack of having that killer instinct.

no they were not but a puck from behind the net, over the top and ends up in has to be one of the flukiest goals. Kind of like being the ugliest guy on the block scoring a date with a hot chick.....very lucky :p:p

Yeah we know your feeling for Luongo and better yet they whole team :)

As for Kesler, funny that you should say that because the other day CBC showed some examples of heads being kicked back to draw a penalty when the stick did not hit anyone. I think there was a couple from your beloved Bruins. I think it has become a part of the game to do so and there was no better actor then D.Hasek with Detroit. Too bad as it sometimes reminds me of European soccer.

MATTIAC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
no they were not but a puck from behind the net, over the top and ends up in has to be one of the flukiest goals. Kind of like being the ugliest guy on the block scoring a date with a hot chick.....very lucky :p:p

As for Kesler, funny that you should say that because the other day CBC showed some examples of heads being kicked back to draw a penalty when the stick did not hit anyone. I think there was a couple from your beloved Bruins. I think it has become a part of the game to do so and there was no better actor then D.Hasek with Detroit. Too bad as it sometimes reminds me of European soccer.

lol thats what the wife said too

AkNomad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

OK, now what gave you the impression I don't like the Canucks? Didn't I pick them to win this series?:cool: I have only talked about Luongo, Torres, Kesler and the Sedin twins because they are the players everyone else is talking about.

As the President trophy winner, you would think that they would be destroying teams in the playoffs, at least that's the impression you Canuckians give us. Best team in the league, best goalie (?), best offense, best defense, I have yet to see it from the Canucks.;)

My Bruins fake a penalty??? :mad: Why I never!!!:d

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Glad I missed the rest of the game, the first 10 minutes was pathetic and the way it was going I would of smashed the TV from the stupid calls and commentators.

That diving penalty, has to be the worst call of the playoffs, hands down. Anyone who though that was a dive is smoking crack. One thing for the refs to think it was, they only got one quick look. But for the commentators to think it a good call, wow, just wow.

And I really really hope san jose wins so kelser can try his BS against them......He is a mirror image of avery just not quite as bad.

Top Bottom