Vancouver Canucks for the Cup

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And he's exactly right. The instigator rule has had more of an effect on the game of hockey than any other rule. Drop the instigator rule, employ guys like Odjick and Semenko and there would be very few guys like Matt Cooke running around and the head shots would be less of an issue.

As for the penalty calls last night, come on you guys, get real. The reffing has been atrocious for years now. It hasn't been just one game or one series, it goes back many years. I honestly believe the worst reffed game in history is still game 6 of the '94 finals when Messier was allowed to run around guys from behind and hack and slash Linden at will.

The penalty in overtime last night, no matter how you look at it, was the right call. Would I have called it in overtime in such a big game? Probably not. But because Weber's stick was up around Kesler's waist to begin with, it was a penalty. Sure Kesler embellished it a bit, but you guys can't honestly tell me that he's the only player that does this. On top of this, there should have been a call on Smithson for hitting Bieksa from behind. Not a major or anything but he hit Bieksa in the numbers and it should have been a penalty.

And to Cyle, where do you get off calling guys like Burrows, Kesler and Bieksa dirty players? You obviously haven't watched this team play at all this year or you would realize that they've all changed there game and are right at the top of the league with Detroit as the classiest team in the NHL right now. I bet you're one of those guys that thinks Hamhuis is a "head hunter" after one shot to bolland (the same guy that had taken cheap shot after cheap shot all series), right?

Comparing canucks to detriot in terms of classy play is a outright insult to detroit. Doesn't matter what they did in the regular season, but they are dirty as hell in the playoffs. Torres is just another one....

About to watch the frigging games in mute, craig simpson and the other commentators are so fawking stupid.

MATTIAC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What bothers me is the twins not playing to their capacity ( I know suprise suprise). But that being said the Canucks are still getting goals and winning games. Just like I said months ago!!

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What bothers me is the twins not playing to their capacity ( I know suprise suprise). But that being said the Canucks are still getting goals and winning games. Just like I said months ago!!

It's going to catch up with them sooner or later, they have to produce to keep going. Nashville is playing like crap, not the same team that beat out anaheim.....they would of been out in 4 if they played this badly against anaheim.

MATTIAC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's going to catch up with them sooner or later, they have to produce to keep going. Nashville is playing like crap, not the same team that beat out anaheim.....they would of been out in 4 if they played this badly against anaheim.

Because van is so deep it's keeping the preds from creating any offense. Look at the shots the hits. Canucks are dominating them giving them nothing. Rinne is keeping them alive.

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Comparing canucks to detriot in terms of classy play is a outright insult to detroit. Doesn't matter what they did in the regular season, but they are dirty as hell in the playoffs. Torres is just another one....

About to watch the frigging games in mute, craig simpson and the other commentators are so fawking stupid.

why even bother watching the game then as you seem to be making your own play by play compared to the actual game. :d:d:beer::beer:

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
why even bother watching the game then as you seem to be making your own play by play compared to the actual game. :d:d:beer::beer:
OMG that is a funny picture,Cyle in front of TV,doobie in 1 hand beer in other doing his own play by play for himself.........:rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::beer:
GO CANUCKS

AkNomad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice win for the Canucks, congrats. I saw for the first time that penalty that was called in overtime in game 3 and I have to say.........WTF??? How can you call something that weak and so embellished by Kesler? You don't call a penalty in overtime in the playoffs unless it is something major or so flagrant they have no choice. I don't like to complain about penalties and don't but this one was a mistake by the refs. Not saying that the Predators would have won that game but being short handed certainly does help their cause. I think the Preds are done, down 3-1 and headed to Vancouver and with hardly any offense to speak of.

San Jose is looking good and I am very surprised by their dominance over the Wings, did I pick the Wings in 6?? Yowzaaa!!! The road to the finals is going to get much tougher now.

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice win for the Canucks, congrats. I saw for the first time that penalty that was called in overtime in game 3 and I have to say.........WTF??? How can you call something that weak and so embellished by Kesler? You don't call a penalty in overtime in the playoffs unless it is something major or so flagrant they have no choice. I don't like to complain about penalties and don't but this one was a mistake by the refs. Not saying that the Predators would have won that game but being short handed certainly does help their cause. I think the Preds are done, down 3-1 and headed to Vancouver and with hardly any offense to speak of.

San Jose is looking good and I am very surprised by their dominance over the Wings, did I pick the Wings in 6?? Yowzaaa!!! The road to the finals is going to get much tougher now.

yes it was a nice win last night. As for the OT penalty/win, I am not sure if you get coaches corner but even Don Cherrie said it was a penalty and Mario Lemieux was great at drawing this kind of penalty. If the stick is parallel to the ice in the mid section it is an infraction. Kesler just helped it a bit more :d I agree it was a soft one for an OT game but Canucks have been in the same position themselves on weak calls. The only difference they got the job done. Will get you on our team too!! After all, Vancouver is just south of you :d:beer:

AkNomad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Get me on your team?? I don't think so, my team is still playing and are looking real good to make the finals. I might live in the west but when it comes to sports, my heart is in the east and more specifically, Beantown. Tonights the night Boston puts Philly out of the playoffs.

whitegold

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
correct me if i'm wrong.... but last season didn't philly and boston play against each other and boston was up 3 - 0 in the series and philly came back and won 4 straight?? .... just sayin'.... :)

AkNomad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am fully aware of that but this is another year, no way in hell Philly can do that again, especially the way Boston is playing right now. I'd put beers on it.:beer::beer::beer:

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am fully aware of that but this is another year, no way in hell Philly can do that again, especially the way Boston is playing right now. I'd put beers on it.:beer::beer::beer:

be careful what you say as you dont want to jinx your team now do you? :):)

AkNomad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
HA! I'm not a curse or jinx believer. Last year was a fluke, it won't happen again. Even if they lose tonight, they will still finish them off in 6 or less. It's only been done 3 times in the history of the NHL so the odds are not good for the Flyers.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

As detroit is one of my buddies favorite team i have watched alot of there games over the years. They have some of what i cal the "dirtiest" players in the nhl. Some of detroits players are some of the best in the nhl at pickin at people to try and get them to get penalties and the embelish stuff all the time to make it look worse than it really is. From what i've read on here cyle the nucks go have gone loss free up till this point and you would still say that they suck and are lossers and dirty players, actually you'd probably say that they bought there way to this point. You just seem to have a hardon for the nucks.

Go nucks go!!!
Will be an awesome western final between van and San jose. The way it should be between the two teams that finished 1 and 2 in the regular season.

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As detroit is one of my buddies favorite team i have watched alot of there games over the years. They have some of what i cal the "dirtiest" players in the nhl.

You're a closet Wings fan and you know it.:d:d Every team needs to have those "dirty" type players that play on the edge to be successful. :beer::beer:

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You're a closet Wings fan and you know it.:d:d Every team needs to have those "dirty" type players that play on the edge to be successful. :beer::beer:

Hahaha. I knew you'd be on that one.. I dont like them but i do give them respect for what they have done. I love the new salary cap tho so that they cant have a team salary that is double what other teams are. It has seemed to even alot of things out.

Top Bottom