Vancouver Canucks for the Cup

MATTIAC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
vancouver is a different team this season. they have all 4 lines producing, not just the top line anymore. they also have the muscle to take and give hit. luongo can play under pressure, and yes he does have off games, and when that happens, they have a dam good back up that can produce. soo, time will tell, but right now, the league standings and player standings speak for themselves. hard to deny that

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Watchin this team lately, drop luongo....schneider is their future, kids good. Plus luongo has done $hit in his career, no cups, no awards that i can recall and he must be startin to get old by now, get sumpin for him while ya can. Thats 2 pennies.

MATTIAC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i think luongo can perform real good, and yea he has his shotty moments, but he is in the top 5 in the NHL for goalies. he has a strong team in front of him, and if he has a bad game, they throw schneider in to give him a rest, and he usually comes back strong. He will do just fine.

zduck14

Reaction score
Watchin this team lately, drop luongo....schneider is their future, kids good. Plus luongo has done $hit in his career, no cups, no awards that i can recall and he must be startin to get old by now, get sumpin for him while ya can. Thats 2 pennies.

Luongo is only 31, has a Gold Medal, has been the runner up for the Vezina and will likely win the William Jennings trophy this year along with a shot at the Vezina again. Schnieder is good, but he's gone either this summer or next. You don't trade away a top 3 starting goalie just because a rookie "might" be as good as him. Yes Schnieds has played great but this is simply increasing his value. He'll fetch an amazing young power forward for next year like James Van Riemsdyk or Zach Kassian. With Luongo signed for another 10 years or so and having Eddie Lack (44GP, 24-17-3-5, 2.09GAA, .928SV% as a rookie) in Manitoba, this simply makes complete sense.

zduck14

Reaction score

If Calgary meets Vancouver in the first round my money is on Calgary. I just don't think the Canucks are built to be a play-off team...........like the RED WINGS!!!!!!!:d

How would Calgary be more "built for the playoffs" more than Vancouver? Vancouver currently has 147 more hits than Calgary on the season yet everyone assumes the Flames are a harder hitting and tougher team.

On top of the hit department, Vancouver is 1st in the league on the powerplay, 2nd on the penalty kill and 1st in faceoffs. All these stats scream playoff team. To add to that, the only reason Calgary is even in the playoffs right now is because of the shootouts. 8 of Calgary's wins have come in the shootout which won't exactly help them come playoff time.

P.S. Still 11 games to go and Vancouver has officially clinched the Northwest division title and a top 3 seed in the playoffs for the 4th time in 5 years thanks to another Calgary loss tonight.

Personally, I really doubt the Flamers will actually make the playoffs this year. It really is time to suck it up and start the rebuild.

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Luongo is only 31, has a Gold Medal, has been the runner up for the Vezina and will likely win the William Jennings trophy this year along with a shot at the Vezina again. Schnieder is good, but he's gone either this summer or next. You don't trade away a top 3 starting goalie just because a rookie "might" be as good as him. Yes Schnieds has played great but this is simply increasing his value. He'll fetch an amazing young power forward for next year like James Van Riemsdyk or Zach Kassian. With Luongo signed for another 10 years or so and having Eddie Lack (44GP, 24-17-3-5, 2.09GAA, .928SV% as a rookie) in Manitoba, this simply makes complete sense.

Yes a gold medal, thx louie but its not the nhl and stanley cup. I can agree to an extent, it can make sense. Myself i would let him prove himself these upcoming playoffs and if hes not a game changer,,,see ya along with the hefty pay cheque and acquire somethin good in return. Especially when theres promising talent in the background.

jayew118

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

i agree give him this year and then trade him even if they win the cup,which is a long shot.

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can't trade Lui, one because he has a no trade and two because he is too high priced and no one would buy that contract. Schnieds is good to go probably as a starter but on another team he deserves that much.

Side note: Canucks are far enough ahead they can actually sit back and relax for the rest of the season, PLAYOFF spot clinched!!!!! Only team to do so thus far.

CR500R

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Division champions, Conference champions, now President's cup champions....... could this 40th anniversary year team be the one to bring it all home???

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The refs generally let the guys play hockey a bit more in the playoffs. I really didn't like a couple of the calls in the Nucks game the other nite. Kesler barely got touched at the end of the game on the PP and went down waaaaay too easy just to draw a bad call. Young Tanev(sp)? looked back all the way into the corner chasing the puck, then turned his back on a hit that he knew was coming instead of taking the hit then battling for the puck. That was a BRUTAL call!!! A major penalty should given in the case that a player is defenseless and doesn't see the hit coming from behind, not so guys can purposely turn their backs and expect not to be hit. I guess we will see how it all plays out soon enough. I personally think Washington could be a team that comes on hard in the playoffs; now that they have learned how to play defense to go along with a pile of offensive weapons. :beer:

zduck14

Reaction score
The refs generally let the guys play hockey a bit more in the playoffs. I really didn't like a couple of the calls in the Nucks game the other nite. Kesler barely got touched at the end of the game on the PP and went down waaaaay too easy just to draw a bad call. Young Tanev(sp)? looked back all the way into the corner chasing the puck, then turned his back on a hit that he knew was coming instead of taking the hit then battling for the puck. That was a BRUTAL call!!! A major penalty should given in the case that a player is defenseless and doesn't see the hit coming from behind, not so guys can purposely turn their backs and expect not to be hit. I guess we will see how it all plays out soon enough. I personally think Washington could be a team that comes on hard in the playoffs; now that they have learned how to play defense to go along with a pile of offensive weapons. :beer:

That's ridiculous. Kyle Clifford is a nobody player with no respect for others in the game. It was the same type of play that Patrick Kaleta got suspended 2 games for last year. It was a blatant hit from behind that simply shouldn't happen. I realize the players in todays game are faster and stronger but they should also learn to use their heads more and have more respect for the other players and the game itself.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Last night's game a preview to the playoffs? :p

What a joke, and everyone wonders why they have no faith in vancouver going anywhere.

MATTIAC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Last night's game a preview to the playoffs? :p

What a joke, and everyone wonders why they have no faith in vancouver going anywhere.

so they have one bad game and thats it for the canucks? common serious? ive seen phili and detroit get beat up quite often, and not a word is spoken, cancouver slips up one game and its the end of the world. maybe because they do it so little, thats all you got to rag on.

bring it on!! canucks gettin the cup!

Top Bottom