Valemount RCMP (BULLETIN!!)

Pwdrh0r

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah. Pretty nice guy. Five days to get it off. I have had it for three years lol. Small towns...

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Window tint warning in jasper today. No written warning or timeline tho

powderhoundbrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i can picture the line up of white oakley, flat brimmed pizzed off flat landers from the impound yard to home hardware now,,all waiting to get the lifted, stacked, hid equipped, short box 1/2 tons with (2) 163 tracked sleds on the deck out of jail.

like that ever happens

This is quite possibly my favorite post ever on this forum!

fargineyesore

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can someone explain what they're checking for with the trailer brakes? I have brakes on mine (double axel) but I have to admit I haven't checked the battery in awhile.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
They check to make sure breakaway works;pull pin and see if brakes lock up.
Can someone explain what they're checking for with the trailer brakes? I have brakes on mine (double axel) but I have to admit I haven't checked the battery in awhile.

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya they gave me 72 hrs to take tint off, mmmmmmm so more tint for me..........
Just remember, if they pull you over again, run your plates, see the outstanding removal order and the tint is still on, your parked, a wrecker is impounding your vehicle, a shop will remove the tint, your vehicle will then have to be inspected, and you get to pay the bills.

Pwdrh0r

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah they said if they catch me after the warning it's 600 max they could get me for. I just took it off. No thanks to 600!

Nordeggab

Reaction score
Seems to me that some of the cops could spend some of the time catching the theives in the staging areas. I quit going to Valemount 2 years ago.

team-x

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got a fog light warning in town when it was foggy...Just a warning but still, it was a gray day all day and raining/socked in. Seems like a good time to use fog lights?

Barry Barton

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've never had any grief with the RCMP in Valemount. keep your ch!t maintained and legal and you won't either.

I do maintain my gear but why should I be pulled over for bullch!t reasons, if I break the law I agree but to be pulled over for petty bullch!t is a pain like I said ealier go after the crimanals and stop hassling the sledders and tourists.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes, but is it legal? Alberta has more lenient law regarding highway safety. If you go in the ditch in Alberta, you might hit a fencepost. If you go in the ditch in B..C. the result could be off a cliff. In general, B.C. has tougher guidelines to follow.

Unfortunately the police are first respondents to fatality accidents on the highways and are the ones 'scooping up the brain matter' when they get there. Harsh but true reality. Therefore I guess they can enforce all they want.

I do maintain my gear but why should I be pulled over for bullch!t reasons, if I break the law I agree but to be pulled over for petty bullch!t is a pain like I said ealier go after the crimanals and stop hassling the sledders and tourists.

Last edited:

Lightningmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree. I have tinted windows.... Factory lights and everything else stock. Prolbly be picked on cause some cop is on a power trip and wants to prove himself tho.

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why do we never hear about McBride is it just Valemont???
The first set of DOT scales are on the Alberta border side of Valemont, therefor you get the double whammy of DOT and RCMP in a small community. Because its the 1st check point into the province, they watch things closer.

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree. I have tinted windows.... Factory lights and everything else stock. Prolbly be picked on cause some cop is on a power trip and wants to prove himself tho.
Funny, the guys with attitudes seem to get bothered more. I wonder why?

Top Bottom