Valemount or Bust.

tmix

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Headind to Vale this weekend to see afriend will have snow report for monday oct.29/07 heard they got some snow but rain washed it away i will se for myself,later.:)

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Have a good time and report back. We need to know how far up the trail the snowline starts. Ask some locals about conditions or take your sled and find out for yourself

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im as local as they get boys ! Still to early. Ive promised many times, I will let you all know when the goods start fallin.

May be hunting Clemina this weekend, so ill get a pic or too for yall

Cougar

Reaction score
Website
www.cougarmountainlodge.com
Slacker! Good to see you're not working too hard, wouldn't want you to pull a muscle right before sled season!!!

Hey all, I noticed a couple of postings where the snow conditions in this area are being reported way better than they are. Truth: there is snow above treeline and it's starting to creep down the mountains. Truth: we had more a couple of weeks ago but a lot of it got washed away with rain. Truth: if you try to go sledding right now you'll break something, maybe even your neck.

We're all pumped to go riding but it's not worth it to even try yet. If you're really bored you can come out and help me mulch leaves instead (LOL!!!!!).

Looking forward to seeing you out here and enjoying the deeeeeeep snow once it arrives. Happy Halloween!
s.

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im beginning to think deer with antlers dont exist. Got some good pics anyway.

allan lot and 8km clemina rd

Attachments

• oct28 8km clemina rd.jpg
    oct28 8km clemina rd.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 474
  • allan lot Oct 2807.jpg
    allan lot Oct 2807.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 282

crazy_wheeler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the pic's Depsnolvr. Good luck looking for those deer with big antlers. I'll be doing the same thing come Nov. 1st during the day and maybe hunting for beers in the evening...

tmix

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Went to Clemina on Sunday Oct.28/07 drove truck up trail raining in town and 5km up trail, snow at 15km marker, met couple w/ sled on deck, said one foot at cabin. still mediocre. 5 quaders had a blast at Clemina. It's coming, but a few more weeks before making good tracks.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't panic on the sled. Just got back to Edmonton from Kamloops and the hills are white but looking extremly skinny. Snow line at about 3500' in most places with a light dusting on the ground at Avola. Went for a drive along Kimbasket and snowline about the same. Raining fairly steady so the only thing needed is some cooler temps. Oooohh Yaaa it's commin :D

oldballs

Reaction score
got mynew summit everest 154 in gradge cant stand not having no snow
going val end of nov 28 sure hope there is lots of white :D

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
Don't panic on the sled. Just got back to Edmonton from Kamloops and the hills are white but looking extremly skinny. Snow line at about 3500' in most places with a light dusting on the ground at Avola. Went for a drive along Kimbasket and snowline about the same. Raining fairly steady so the only thing needed is some cooler temps. Oooohh Yaaa it's commin :D

thanks for the update :specool:

Top Bottom