Valemount & hid lites

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Neat, I am one of them azz hats with a lifted truck and HIDs. I had had them for three years now and actually never knew they were illegal till I read this. So where do you find these special housings? Do the housings say anything different on them to prove they are legal with HIDs. I found as soon as I bought a "Grand Prarie" truck i got high beamed more in general than a stock height truck, but when I put HIDs in nothing really changed in how often I get high beamed.

BeachSled

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Neat, I am one of them azz hats with a lifted truck and HIDs. I had had them for three years now and actually never knew they were illegal till I read this. So where do you find these special housings? Do the housings say anything different on them to prove they are legal with HIDs. I found as soon as I bought a "Grand Prarie" truck i got high beamed more in general than a stock height truck, but when I put HIDs in nothing really changed in how often I get high beamed.

I would be more then happy to post pictures of the ones I got from Brian at Sick HID's http://www.sickhids.com he uses genuine projectors from the factory that are designed for HID bulbs. The projector is retro fit into the vehicles headlight housing and he can make a wide variety of changes to the headlight housing. It's all custom made. I can tell you that there are more expensive then the ones that Recon, Anzo or any of the other after market makers. But you get what you pay for and the ones from Recon are junk. So much so that I would tell everyone to stay away from them. They collect condensation, fog up, leak water, and produce a completely unusable light. You would be better off to tape candles to the bumper.

The set I got from Brian at Sick HID's are still in the box at my 06 F150 died days before I received my lights.

I can tell you the one thing that impressed me the most was the projector housing has a actuator/flap that controls the low/hi beam from the Hid bulb and there is a clear/distinct light cutoff line with no scattered light. If anyone would like to see what I am talking about I could hook them up to a truck battery and take pictures.

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

If the housing doesn't have a DOT or SAE stamp visible on it, it is not approved.

BeachSled

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If they look like this...... Your good to go

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1328159603.990033.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1328159603.990033.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 153
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1328159618.536297.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1328159618.536297.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 154
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1328159632.200039.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1328159632.200039.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 152

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All this talk about the HIDs , and I thought someone would have at least mentioned that the original poster said something about the unresolved health issue. That has been resolved and it did not come from Valemount. So now like beachsled said zip it!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All factory headlights have a dot or saw stamp in them, but from what I'm understanding it's not legal to put hids in that housing.

4byrookie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can use standard style housings a well but they have to be designed for the hid's. The Saleen mustangs and Shelby's from 05-09 had factory hid's but were not projector headlights, they were just designed so the light doesn't scatter.
75901d1249535266-hid-lights-illegal-112_0801_01z-2008_ford_mustang_bullitt-headlight.jpg

Sent from my SGH-T959P using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All this talk about the HIDs , and I thought someone would have at least mentioned that the original poster said something about the unresolved health issue. That has been resolved and it did not come from Valemount. So now like beachsled said zip it!
Valemount is unsafe......Stay home.....At least this weekend.:d

sledhead_2002

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.imperialseed.com
Wow, is all i can say. This thread and a few others has provided me with a list of who i would like to meet and ride with. If you have no respect for others whether it is on the road, sledding, at your work place, whatever, where ever, and do not care if you are annoying others with your fancy lights, no respect for the laws or law enforcers, why would i want to sled, have you as my back up, or even meet you with such an attitude and lack of respect for others. Flame away bit i really do not care as I am sure there are others that share the exact same thought

MATTIAC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow, is all i can say. This thread and a few others has provided me with a list of who i would like to meet and ride with. If you have no respect for others whether it is on the road, sledding, at your work place, whatever, where ever, and do not care if you are annoying others with your fancy lights, no respect for the laws or law enforcers, why would i want to sled, have you as my back up, or even meet you with such an attitude and lack of respect for others. Flame away bit i really do not care as I am sure there are others that share the exact same thought
Funny how you can jump to conclusions because of someone's choice of headlight. I for one have HID lights in my lifted truck and am not a douchebag or have lack of respect for anyone. First off I'm the preaching to who ever I ride with to get the proper gear take the avy courses and read the bulletins. I am the first one to jump to the aid of anyone who may be stuck or in a sticky situation with guys i ride with or any one else. I am also that person who will stop and help people on the roads who are in distress. For example leaving fort Mac on Monday a group of 6 cars in front of me all drive by a truck which was on its side in the ditch. Not one person stopped. I did. The truck was still running and the poor man was stuck in his truck in -15 conditions. I helped him get out and finally one other truck stopped and then have the guy a ride to fort Mac. I am also that guy who will pick up the tab when out with friends or pick up the tab in line at a grocery store for someone who can't pay for whatever the reason is. Point being don't judge anyone because of the lights they have in their truck. I can go go on for days about this but i won't!

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wow 2 pages! again! and again! like it or not its the law put your covers on and continue. i drrive that highway 200 times a year with factory lights so you can all do it too.

and no offence to anyone maybe its just my eyes. but when HID lights are coming towards me im looking in the ditch because it is painfull to look at. or maybe its just how they are aimed i dont know. either way not any safer for anyone.

sledhead_2002

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.imperialseed.com
Funny how you can jump to conclusions because of someone's choice of headlight. I for one have HID lights in my lifted truck and am not a douchebag or have lack of respect for anyone. First off I'm the preaching to who ever I ride with to get the proper gear take the avy courses and read the bulletins. I am the first one to jump to the aid of anyone who may be stuck or in a sticky situation with guys i ride with or any one else. I am also that person who will stop and help people on the roads who are in distress. For example leaving fort Mac on Monday a group of 6 cars in front of me all drive by a truck which was on its side in the ditch. Not one person stopped. I did. The truck was still running and the poor man was stuck in his truck in -15 conditions. I helped him get out and finally one other truck stopped and then have the guy a ride to fort Mac. I am also that guy who will pick up the tab when out with friends or pick up the tab in line at a grocery store for someone who can't pay for whatever the reason is. Point being don't judge anyone because of the lights they have in their truck. I can go go on for days about this but i won't!

I did not mention any names for this reason. There are others on here that have explained themselves very well on their thoughts regarding this topic. I do not have a problem with the fancy lights as i run LED fog lights, and shut off my driving lights when approaching or over taking a vehicle. I use my fog lights when required, in the middle of no where, at the sight of another vehicle, they are shut off. I do have a problem with what some people have said on this thread and the other thread on this topic and a general lack of respect for others.

PS. never call anyone out or called anyone "douchbag"

Riverjet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I'm not sure about Alberta but I'm pretty sure that in BC if your vehicle doesn't come with factory HID lights in the factory light locations, they are illegal no matter what housings you have.

Last edited:

Riverjet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

His comments have nothing to do with anyones choice of headlights. They are everything to do with exactly what he said. That being, the lack of respect and consideration of others. Nothing more, nothing less. Don't see where you could have come to your conclusion.

D-MAX-M-1

Reaction score
I have HID headlights and i am willing to pay the ticket if i receive one. I'm willing to accept the consequences from the RCMP but i don't need to hear people whine and complain about my lights being to bright if i am going to buck up and pay the fine. If they are to bright for your eyes you cannot focus on the road.. you definitely should not be on the road yourself. Leave 3 hours earlier so you don't have to drive at night.

Last edited:

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have HID headlights and i am willing to pay the ticket if i receive one. I'm willing to accept the consequences from the RCMP but i don't need to hear people whine and complain about my lights being to bright if i am going to buck up and pay the fine. If they are to bright for your eyes you cannot focus on the road.. you definitely should be on the road yourself. Leave 3 hours earlier so you don't have to drive at night.
do you have projector lenses for your HID lights, or did you just buy a plug and play kit?

Top Bottom