Valemount Conditions and Updates 2023 2024

VARDA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The mountains are calling, and there's no better time than now to load up those sleds and make one more epic trip before Christmas!

Make a this trip a unique part of your holiday celebrations. Whether it's a pre-Christmas tradition or a spontaneous adventure, it's an opportunity to celebrate the joy of the season in a distinctive and memorable way.

While it is still warm and thin, there have been reports of some great rides out there. It's not very often you get to ride in meter of snow. Try to stick to the areas around treeline to avoid the hardest objects lurking underneath.

Conditions could be better, but we all know that any trip to the mountains is better than no trip at all!

Remember, one more trip means one more chance for adventure!

Tag #ridevalemount and @ridevalemount to share your stories.

Photo from this past weekend. Looks fun eh? PS....also clemina
20231216_095350.jpg

Mcstuck87

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Chappel was very disappointing on Monday, clemina was way better Tuesday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did the meadows fill in more in clemina ? The rocks were close to surface. One guy smashed a gnarly rock right at the trail head we cleaned it off and cut a tree down and places it infront for a marker.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did the meadows fill in more in clemina ? The rocks were close to surface. One guy smashed a gnarly rock right at the trail head we cleaned it off and cut a tree down and places it infront for a marker.

No you definitely still had to tread lightly to get to spots where the rocks aren’t as plentiful. But the snow was better than chappel and just as deep, hopefully clemina got what chappel got after we left, from the looks of the pics chappel got a foot and a half or more

Valemount Skier

Reaction score
No you definitely still had to tread lightly to get to spots where the rocks aren’t as plentiful. But the snow was better than chappel and just as deep, hopefully clemina got what chappel got after we left, from the looks of the pics chappel got a foot and a half or more

Does anyone know the story behind the sled that I saw being helicoptered back to Valemount at about 1:30pm on Saturday?

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Jordon rode Chappell today, patiently waiting for update!

dgjordan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode chappel today. Trail in was absolute garbage whooped out solid ice entire way up. Overheating lots on the way up every rider there.

Have to say im not one to complain im happy to support the sled community but that trail for 30 dollars? I dont think so. Took forever to get up.

Alpine was sunny so good vis. No slab slides to report just some sluffs here and there size 1.

Very wind blown and majorly el crusto every where. Rained very high up. Some decent snow to be found but mainly i would seriously wait until they get 4 feet or more to cover up landmines. Lots still exposed. Always fun to go up but that trail killed the day.

Grizzly4323

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode chappel today. Trail in was absolute garbage whooped out solid ice entire way up. Overheating lots on the way up every rider there.

Have to say im not one to complain im happy to support the sled community but that trail for 30 dollars? I dont think so. Took forever to get up.

Alpine was sunny so good vis. No slab slides to report just some sluffs here and there size 1.

Very wind blown and majorly el crusto every where. Rained very high up. Some decent snow to be found but mainly i would seriously wait until they get 4 feet or more to cover up landmines. Lots still exposed. Always fun to go up but that trail killed the day.
That's a long brutal ride in when the trail is whooped out, its like it's never going to end!

VARDA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Very sorry for this. I believe I may have spoken to you already. This is not our style and we were very surprised to hear of that type of condition after so few riders. The low snow and 6degree above temp quickly switching to -10 degree did not help.

Again, we apologize for that condition, this season has been very tough to forecast for. All three areas groomed up last evening and Allan and Chappell will be done again this evening. As it sits right now, very low users on the Clemina trail today.

Allan Creek and Clemina Creek have not seen the rain being discussed down in Chappell and conditions in Allan were OK yesterday, if you ventured back and snuck close to treeline.

We do hope for a bit of understanding in this extremely challenging year. Thank you all who chose to ride Valemount.

Please wish for snow and ride safe all!

VARDA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Happy mid way holidays all.

It is so good to see riders back in Valemount even though conditions could be better (get bent El Nino). We are so stoked to see everyone back and to see the full parking lots. It has been a long time since we were able to host all of our friends.

Valemount was built on our winter recreation and we work to continue on that legacy.

Grooming is ongoing even with the above zero temperatures:

Clemina Creek - Last groomed on the evening of December 28th The 4km bridge route has been repaired and is now a true forest service road. Gone are the days of icy and technical switchbacks. We thank you all for your patience as we worked with environmental disasters and industrial work over the last few years. Please be aware that the trail is thin and natural hazards do exist. Slow down and ride with caution

Allan Creek – Last groomed on the evening of Dec 28th

Chappell Creek – Last groomed on the evening of Dec 28th.

As always, please refer to ridevalemount.com for the most up to date information if this page looks a bit old.

Ride safe all and have fun!

dgjordan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode allan creek today dec 28th. Quite busy.

Trail was in great shape up and down.

Highway all the way back to superbowl and then tracks thin out a bit. Snow is very low.lots of hazards. Best snow we found was in the trees in south facing aspects. Very windy in the alpine today. Lots of wind loading. 2 small sluff , 1 smaller slab spotted size 1.

There is good riding to be had away from the main areas…but definetly need some fresh white stuff…

To the 6 guys playing near avalanche alley on the same hill climbing all at once..get your heads out of your azz..you are asking for it.

Top Bottom