Valemount Conditions and Updates 2023 2024

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
heading up to Allen creek this weekend, I know snow is not good, we are committed to going no matter what, wondering what the latest snow report is?

50-60cm of settled snow, not good access, be prepared to lose some paddles and wreck some skis

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VARDA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Man............I want to go sleddding.

It has been a slow start to the season snow wise and grooming operations are delayed. We received snow to the valley bottom yesterday and some forecasts are showing up to 20cm to fall in the alpine areas by end of day tomorrow. This will not help our grooming start, but it will certainly help the alpine riding. We will continue to update as new information arrives.

SaskSummit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We were really hoping to head out on Sunday or Monday to do some snowbiking. But not looking good for that. So we decided a December ride on these would have to do 🤣.
IMG_5895.jpeg

VARDA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thank you all so much for your stoke for Valemount and the VARDA team. We are very much looking forward to a great winter season.

Like most of British Columbia, we are off to a slow start this winter. We are all anxiously awaiting that week of constant snow that will kick off our season.

We did brave the shallow snowpack and ventured into the alpine of Allan Creek yesterday in hopes of providing some winter stoke heading into the weekend.

What did we find? Well, as we expected the snow levels are down. We are sitting with just under a meter of snow at 2000m in the Caribou's. The good news that came out of the day was that the access to the Allan Creek alpine is actually quite good. As normal with early season, we are directing riders to the "left" trail at the 3km marker to preserve the snow on our main access trail for grooming.

The access is good, with no ice yet on the switchbacks and the trail has adequate coverage from the regular staging area. Up top, we tiptoed around and enjoyed getting the skis wet.

We are unsure of access quality to the other areas at this time, but imagine that a nice tour to the Clemina cabin would be possible.

We really enjoy hearing from our members. Good or bad. Please feel free to reach out and get in touch with someone at VARDA. Trail reports, hazards, epic pictures, anything really. We want to hear from you.

That's about it for now. Please start snow dancing and reach out anytime you want to chat! Call 250-566-4817 or email info@ridevalemount.com

Foxstar45

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Every machine would be scraping rock on carbide 10+ times a day still, right?

Sent from my Pixel 7a using Tapatalk

SaskSummit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well had a day in Allan yesterday. Trail was rough but not icy. Made it back to Super Bowl. But was petty socked in so turned around there. I have definitely rode in less snow. Are conditions ideal nope. But early season riding I would say game on. Had some carnage but wasn’t due to snow conditions. Rescue mission today. And thankfully we met the groomer on the way down 👌.

Attachments

• IMG_5931.jpeg
    IMG_5931.jpeg
    213.2 KB · Views: 241
  • IMG_5938.jpeg
    IMG_5938.jpeg
    182.7 KB · Views: 237
  • IMG_5940.jpeg
    IMG_5940.jpeg
    232.4 KB · Views: 242
  • IMG_5944.jpeg
    IMG_5944.jpeg