Valemount 2009 and 2010 Conditions

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was able to get out to clemina yesterday afternoon. After what looked to be a completely socked in day, the skies opened up for everyone in the afternoon and it was amazing.

The block and tree riding is incredible. The alpine snow is good with usually a foot everywhere at least, but it is wind effected a bit

Not the conditions for climbing, but the tree and meadow riding is some of the best riding I have done in years.

Maxwell, I threw in a pic of what I am trying to learn on down days, maybe you should giver a try.

On another note, warm temps, fresh snow, and an insane number of riders on friday let to a bad trail up allan. We did our best considering the conditions and thanks to everyone for cooperating. It froze friday night and that helped a lot.

Please give the trail staff a break, they are just doing their jobs and some were treated pretty bad on saturday. The trail dollars go a long way, from improvments to maintenance, and the biggest expense this season besides grooming has been the parking area clearing.

Sorry the trail was a bumpy, but we do what we can to make sure its the best it can be with the conditions we have to work with.

Attachments

• P1121248.jpg
    P1121248.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 44
  • P1171260.jpg
    P1171260.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 42
  • P1171261.jpg
    P1171261.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 42
  • P1171266.jpg
    P1171266.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 41

Nytroman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
"Quote On another note, warm temps, fresh snow, and an insane number of riders on friday let to a bad trail up allan. We did our best considering the conditions and thanks to everyone for cooperating. It froze friday night and that helped a lot.

Please give the trail staff a break, they are just doing their jobs and some were treated pretty bad on saturday. The trail dollars go a long way, from improvments to maintenance, and the biggest expense this season besides grooming has been the parking area clearing.

Sorry the trail was a bumpy, but we do what we can to make sure its the best it can be with the conditions we have to work with.[/QUOTE]

Everyone should take a moment and try to remember what it was like to ride into Chappell in the eighties with 3-4" of suspension and zero grooming all year. Granted we never were charged back then but also the whoops were nearly deep enough to get stuck in. LOL. I will scan some pics hopefully tomorrow, We should always appreciate even the worst trails.

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i should be out there tomorra morning for the first time this year, cant wait! hopefully theres stilll alotta that fresh left, pics look sic

SaskSummit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode westridge for a half day on Monday snow was good. spent half the day today trying to break into Oasis. wasn't to bad once we got in there. Snow was some what set up. Tons in the trees.

tfitz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
saturday chappel sunday allan. waist deep in spots. i wish i got some better ones but the riding was SO GOOD!

I think the guy with the crunched front end ran into me on Sunday in westridge, when I went to pull his sled off me I noticed the front end and he said it happended the day before

tfitz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lol nope they rode allan on sunday

Thats funny, fairly small work cause I was talking to a guy sunday in Westridge with a black and yellow XP who wreaked the front of his sled on Sat, must have been a bad day for XP's

Max

Reaction score
It was ugly, I went to stop behind the group turned the steering & the throtle stuck wide open. Nailed the back of a sled & had Maxwell traped under the sled when I hit the kill switch, lucky he was ok. Not sure if the goldfinger stuck or some other issue.

tfitz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It was ugly, I went to stop behind the group turned the steering & the throtle stuck wide open. Nailed the back of a sled & had Maxwell traped under the sled when I hit the kill switch, lucky he was ok. Not sure if the goldfinger stuck or some other issue.

Thats a Chitty deal, I had a 08 XP that the throttle liked to stick. I was just lucky whenever it stuck no one was around

Uturn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
27 in our AST1 field day tomorrow, it's going to be a big class. Great to see that many people taking the course!!

On the road in a few hours.

SaskSummit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well we got back to Lloyd yesterday at about 3. Unfortunatly we had to cut the trip short by a day and a half. A couple of guys got the flu or some thing. The snow was good we hit Westridge on Monday and Wednesday and spent about 3 or 4 hours breaking the trail into Oasis on Tuesday. Should be lots of fresh out there for the weekend riders.

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well we got back to Lloyd yesterday at about 3. Unfortunatly we had to cut the trip short by a day and a half. A couple of guys got the flu or some thing. The snow was good we hit Westridge on Monday and Wednesday and spent about 3 or 4 hours breaking the trail into Oasis on Tuesday. Should be lots of fresh out there for the weekend riders.

I woulda left em in the hotel room:p

Top Bottom