Vacation Property House Plans

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They can be cast into the slab too that’s how my garage is. 2% slope from back to the drains and 2% back slope from the overhead door back to the drains. All the melt water disappears perfect. I’d have 3 or a straight row if I was building new though.

IMG_7319.jpg

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They can be cast into the slab too that’s how my garage is. 2% slope from back to the drains and 2% back slope from the overhead door back to the drains. All the melt water disappears perfect. I’d have 3 or a straight row if I was building new though.

View attachment 241582

How’s the epoxy holding up this far???

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

How’s the epoxy holding up this far???

Considering it only cost me 750$ to do with the Home depot stuff its holding up amazing. No peeling or lifting of any sort. Going on to 3rd winter now and its a rental so sees sledders all winter. You have to use wheels on it with the sleds it will mark up with carbides but other than that its extremely durable if prepped properly before install

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Considering it only cost me 750$ to do with the Home depot stuff its holding up amazing. No peeling or lifting of any sort. Going on to 3rd winter now and its a rental so sees sledders all winter. You have to use wheels on it with the sleds it will mark up with carbides but other than that its extremely durable if prepped properly before install

Is your floor heated??? I been thinking of doing mine but wondering about the heating cycles.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That one is not. but i did our garage in valemount aswell and it is heated. same results no peeling or lifting whatsoever.

BUT the concrete cant be sealed. it wont bond to sealed concrete. You can tell if your concrete is sealed by dropping water on it. If it absorbs the water its not sealed. if it beads off its sealed. You can strip sealer with chemicals though.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Well, did my BC Home Owner builder Course and wrote the exam, Passed. Finally got my authorization to be able to build my own place. Now I can apply for the permits next week. I will also get the permit for my trailer and bring my trailer to the lot and set it up now. One step further. Without this authorization you cannot apply for permits, its a requirement.

Lunch_Box

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Being that I wont get much done till spring now, I will be buying materials as I see good deals on them from electrical wiring to PVC pipes and stocking up for spring.
I sent you a PM about the ICF turn buckles but I have a lot of left over supplies from my build; gas pipe and fittings, PVC pipe and fittings, insulation,... Welcome to have a look and see if any of it would be use to you.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
I sent you a PM about the ICF turn buckles but I have a lot of left over supplies from my build; gas pipe and fittings, PVC pipe and fittings, insulation,... Welcome to have a look and see if any of it would be use to you.
I will take you up on some stuff for sure.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Went to lows, filled out the contractor card program which got me an additional 5% off. Bought some Electrical wire saved 13.75. So over time this savings will add up. I’ll go there next time they have the spend over $100 save 15% and see if this applies as well.

Last edited:

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Went to lows, filled out the contractor card program which got me an additional 5% off. Bought some Electrical wire saved 13.75. So over time this savings will add up. I’ll go there next time they have the spend over $100 save 15% and see if this applies as well.
Contractor card programs are good. I have one at RONA in Vernon and the discounts are good. The Salmon Arm Home Hardware is not as good.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Do you deliver?

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Putting a power pole on the lot with RV plugs. Also have to run the sewer and water lines which is happening next week. Rod from Adrenaline Services Is running the water and sewer lines. Justin is looking after the electrical.
Can’t get 4” SDR line but found last 5 today at Andrew Sheret today, and all the fittings. With this all completed I get my rv permit. Quite a bit of work for an rv permit.
3018409B-0320-49BC-A034-FB702746EB1B.jpeg
99A4B80C-36C3-444C-8C3E-284906BCE235.jpeg

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
I got a text from Rod W to tell me that all the snow is melted and the lot is ready soon. So kicking myself into gear I contacted the lumberyard on the Logix ICF, well that has gone up 18% since the fall and will be end of April so better get my order in. Up to 8 weeks for pick up, must be pretty busy in Acheson.
13355BF4-828C-4B7D-8703-227C5858D234.jpeg

Top Bottom