Vac Truck?

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any money in the Vac truck business? What are normal charge out rates? How much does an operator normally make?

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
Usually around $115 an hour for truck and driver..... this can vary up or down slightly!
Operators make between 27 to 32 bucks per hour dependent on experience, etc.....

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Usually around $115 an hour for truck and driver..... this can vary up or down slightly!
Operators make between 27 to 32 bucks per hour dependent on experience, etc.....

Is this your rate? If so I will hire you right now

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
Friend of mine owns 2 vac trucks. He charges $140 an hour.

Like I said, Varies up and down...... Depends on what job, distance etc..... the base rate is $115.
Sewer jobs are quick 15 minutes with mileage and minimum 1 hour....
Acid hauls higher rate.
Sump cleaning depends on oil or no oil. Trucks have to thoroughly cleaned after a contaminant haul or have designated trucks only for those jobs......
Standby rate at a rig does not pay high rate till unit is used for a much higher price.

Very hard to give a clear exact rate unless one know the job, contract length, etc.... Cenovus has a higher rate than CNRL. Imperial only works on five year contracts....These are some of the factors...

Hope this helps a bit more..

Last edited:

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No contract only hourly rate. If you charged $200hr you would still be cheap.

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score

Maybe you should PM me and be our next Business analist. I must say, i have only been doing this for 40 years and we welcome your insight and business.
If I could pull $200 an hour on a constant basis I would be on the TSX... I welcome your your business and await your proposal.
PM requested......

dezmitchell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Yup up all the ones we work with (tandems or tridums) are 300+ an hour from the time they leave the shop with 2hr min +mileage if your guna charge 140 pm me money will be saved in my budget even if u have to drive 2 hours to get to me.

Top Bottom