UTV accident kills Boy

GRD

Reaction score
My condolences to the family and freinds. Very sad to here!

Quadster

Reaction score
Another accident yesterday evening on a Side by side. 11 year old boy dies. No Helmet and no Seatbelt. My condolences to the childs family and friends. Now we really need to think about Helmets Now! And when riding in UTV's you MUST be belted in. These accidents are very preventable. It rattles me up when Im hearing about incidents every weekend and almost every few days. I even experienced loosing a friend and someone you all knew, Rory. He and this child could probably still be here now. So come on lets think about this a little more and Wear your Helmet and when your on an UTV please wear your seatbelt. There not there for looks! I usually go to as many rally's as I can and Im suprised how many peeps wear no helmets. Yes it feels great to have the wind blowing through your hair on a hot day, but you never know when going down a trail and you get bucked to the side and into a tree, or roll your atv.

My condolences to the family and feinds.. that is horribe.

Scottishpride

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Another accident yesterday evening on a Side by side. 11 year old boy dies. No Helmet and no Seatbelt. My condolences to the childs family and friends. Now we really need to think about Helmets Now! And when riding in UTV's you MUST be belted in. These accidents are very preventable. It rattles me up when Im hearing about incidents every weekend and almost every few days. I even experienced loosing a friend and someone you all knew, Rory. He and this child could probably still be here now. So come on lets think about this a little more and Wear your Helmet and when your on an UTV please wear your seatbelt. There not there for looks! I usually go to as many rally's as I can and Im suprised how many peeps wear no helmets. Yes it feels great to have the wind blowing through your hair on a hot day, but you never know when going down a trail and you get bucked to the side and into a tree, or roll your atv.

damn near killed myself and my buddy tucker doing the excat same thing. condolences to the family and friends.

fargineyesore

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Very tragic. I have a nine year old boy. He rides a 110 cc quad with a helmet and chest protector. BUT only under my direct supervision, and only within my sight. I may be over-protective, but from my own experience riding my quads, I know how dangerous riding them can be. I've explained how dangerous it is to corner at speed on a quad. If he doesn't ride the way I showed him, he's off the quad immediately. I agree that you don't always know when you're going to hit terrain you didn't either see or expect, and if you roll a quad on yourself, it's usually quite serious. I won't take this time to berate the parents of that child, they're suffering enough already. I believe that inexperienced riders, especially children, shouldn't be out of your sight when riding, as that's the only way to know if they're riding the way they were taught or not.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
I would like to give my deepest condolences to the family and friends of this young man. Tommorow Rhett deLeeuw of Athabasca will be put to rest. My friend Heath from Sherwood Park was Rhetts Fathers best man at his wedding and has been there for Rhett's entire life. He will be carrying Rhett to his final resting place on Thursday.

Top Bottom