Undecided on New Sled

Bugs

Reaction score
If anyone has some input would be nice. This sled will before my wife, right know she is on a 2008 Phazer MTX and I am getting here a new sled but can't decide if I should get her a Summit SP E Tec 600 or the Summit Sport 600 Carb. Any info may help.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
with her ridin a tank of oil will last 400 plus miles.... plus get at least 2 x the mpg of the carb.... if u add it up it pays real fast to get the e tech and not the carb

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya the advantage i see here is one pull starts providing you arent going with electric start.

also easy throttle pull less fatigue

otherwise in my opinion i would save and go with the sport carb...been working for the last 4 years.

but like many have said the fuel and oil MPG will pay for that etec in not to long.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if it was a guy that mabe wanted more power [ u can do more stuff aftermarket wise with the carbed one ].... and with it w.o.t all the time [ with a guy on it ] the e tech would use more oil - gas and be real close the the carb....

i based my opinion on the fact it will be not w.o.t all the time thus the e tech is the way to go....

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
E Tec. My girlfriend runs a 600 e-tec and loves it. Runs good easy start (electric) and good on fuel and oil like all have said. No fumbling with chokes,and starts and runs excellent. If getting her a sled she deserves the best of the bunch. JMHO

Johnny

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a few friends partners that ride the e-tec 600 with us, they seem happy with it. A decent all round sled thats ez to learn and ride in my opinion. Its also a breeze to get unstuck :)

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
If anyone has some input would be nice. This sled will before my wife, right know she is on a 2008 Phazer MTX and I am getting here a new sled but can't decide if I should get her a Summit SP E Tec 600 or the Summit Sport 600 Carb. Any info may help.

If you go to the mountains, or if she will become a better rider with a better machine, there is no doubt in my mind that the Summit is the way to go.

You didn't give us any info on the riding style or where you ride.

Being in The Hat, I'm thinking that you take more than the occasional trip to the mountains; minimum 154" with ES. The ES makes it soo much more enjoyable for the ladies. Nothing less than a 154" as it will float better and have more snap to get out of the inevitable stucks.

I would even suggest that the 800 would be the better choice. I've got my better half on an 800 for the first time this year and many times I've asked myself....why not years ago? She is carving and hill climbing and loving it!

OOC ZigZag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
X2 If you can get her comfortable on the 800 it will save you an upgrade in a couple yrs.:d:beer:

Bugs

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the good info and yes know that it was mentioned I should have giving more info. She is on a Phazer MTX right know but she has to much trouble steering it. We ride Golden 10 days a month and Crowsnest pass usually 3 to 4 trips a year. She is not a hard core rider, but will open it up on good trail and in the flats like up in Silent pass and the back side of Quartz Creek. I would like to go with the 800 e tec but I think she will be scared of it thats why iI was thinking of the 600. She has riding my 07 800 xrs but only on the trail and she's not sure if she likes it or not.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what do you suggest?

I bought a phazer for the girlfriend. She rode it once and she wouldn't ride it again To wobbly and tippy. So she spent a day on a 600 xp. Diddnt like it all. My nitro. No way. My z1 turbo no. Then I put her on moms 2010 f 800. She sorta liked it. I ended up getting her a 2010 crossfire 800r. 128" track. Wide n stable. She's really little so for her it's lots of track. She rode it 700 miles this winter and carves n sidehills awesome for her first yr. Crossfire is another choice you could look at. It worked for my girl and handles wicked. If u get her a 600 be prepared to by a 800 soon.....

trench

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what do you suggest?

I know all you Doo loyalists will have your panties in a knot, with my suggestion. If you were to let the little woman ride the 600 XP and the 600 Pro Ride back to back, chances are she would pick the Pro ride. The new Polaris chassis is lighter and much easier to toss around. JMHO

Trench :beer:

Top Bottom