twin pipes for Summit 670

jay007

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I want to look into gettin pipes for my 97 summit 670, would like to know what kind of price i would be looking at? Does anybody know what brand would be economically priced with a good quality? Currently i have a MBRP can on and wonder if it is worth my money to change to twin pipes?

Also if anyone knows of other mods that i can do at a decent price to gain some power i would like to know?

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
I want to look into gettin pipes for my 97 summit 670, would like to know what kind of price i would be looking at? Does anybody know what brand would be economically priced with a good quality? Currently i have a MBRP can on and wonder if it is worth my money to change to twin pipes?

Also if anyone knows of other mods that i can do at a decent price to gain some power i would like to know?

YUP, TWIN PIPES FOR THE 670 IS THE BIGGEST BANG FOR THE BUCKS.... CPI MAKES A GOOD PIPE.... GO TO THE WEBISTE: CPI Racing - Prepare for the Most Exciting Ride of Your Life BUT IT APPEARS THEY ONLY MAKE PIPES FOR THE 670X.... I THINK THEY WERE ONLY MADE IN '98 & '99.... SORRY..... I KNOW JAWS AND DYNAPORT MADE REGULAR 670 PIPES...... ANYONE??

jay007

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where do i look to get information and pricing for Jaws pipes? Is there a dealer in Alberta, or is it all ordered and shipped?

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would talk to Ken at Mountain magic 780-474-9400, he would know where to get a set of pipes for that sled.

Showtime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When I had my mountain mod built off a summit X chasis I ran split second pipes with no problems, they had a real nice sound at WOT. I bought them in Edmonton from Ken@ Specialty Sleds.

99summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I just found these on ebay SKI DOO SLP PIPES AND RACEPAK EGT GUAGE COMPLETE Item number: 230186364382 they are off a 98 670...Check it out

Deano670

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would recommend you call Ralph at split second in valleyview ab. He builds some awsome pipes. But specify you want the big bore pipes not small there is about 5hp difference. If he'll build you a set I also recommend a short intake cover, slight carb bore and a set of kick ass filters. Or gimme a shout i"ll help ya out. (780)717-4314:D Dont buy a set from a 98 or 99 the x motor had way different case and exhaust porting. MELT DOWN is what you'll get. Or call Tom at Mots Machining in St. albert he'll buid you one hell of a motor

Summitric

Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
I Would Check With Rory @ Pure Motorsports Addictions.... He Is A Supporting Vendor On This Site... I Know He Can Get Pipes For Yours And They Would Be The Best Deal Around This Area.

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think Neils power pipes in edmonton could also help you out.

jay007

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I looked into prices at one of the links, it looks like i will have to spend in the $800 to $900 range for pipes, is this average for pipes?

Also i heard but don't know if it is true, that i can not put a high flow air filter on my sled without effecting the alltitude compinsation, does anyone know if this is rue?

Summitric

Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
I looked into prices at one of the links, it looks like i will have to spend in the $800 to $900 range for pipes, is this average for pipes?

Also i heard but don't know if it is true, that i can not put a high flow air filter on my sled without effecting the alltitude compinsation, does anyone know if this is rue?

MY CPI PIPES WERE ONLY $650.00 I THINK, BUT PIPES FOR MY 1000 ARE GONNA BE $850.00!!!!.... I WAS TOLD THAT THE AIR FILTERS WILL SCREW UP THE DPM AS WELL.... YOUR SYSTEM IS CALLED THE H.A.C.(HIGH ALTITUDE COMPENSATOR) I BELIEVE.

Showtime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If I remember correctly I believe I paid around $1100.00 for my slpit seconds with ceramic coating so $800.00 would be realistic. On my old Summit X I also had K&N air filters and all I did was drill a hole in the back side of the filter and inserted the sensor with the rubber grommet into the hole I drilled.

Showtime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If I remember correctly I believe I paid around $1100.00 for my slpit seconds with ceramic coating so $800.00 would be realistic. On my old Summit X I also had K&N air filters and all I did was drill a hole in the back side of the filter and inserted the sensor with the rubber grommet into the hole I drilled.

Sorry, i should have mentioned that my sensor was an electronic 2 wire sensor with a deutch connector on the end. As summitric just mentioned you probably have HAC which uses vacum pressure. You could always eliminate the HAC but then you have to jet the carb when ever heading to the hills.

jay007

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think i will stay away from the K&N and let the HAC do its job, but i think i will keeps looking into pipes, also going to add new bars, risers, scratchers, and who knows what else.

My sled as is has a MBRP can and was recently rebuilt top end, to what specs i don't know, but i am wondering that if i were to go to the hills for Mountain Mania, would i have enough sled to keep up to the pack? I was looking over the reply's and i would be classified as a 3, i have years of sledding experience but not in the hills.

Summitric

Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
I think i will stay away from the K&N and let the HAC do its job, but i think i will keeps looking into pipes, also going to add new bars, risers, scratchers, and who knows what else.

My sled as is has a MBRP can and was recently rebuilt top end, to what specs i don't know, but i am wondering that if i were to go to the hills for Mountain Mania, would i have enough sled to keep up to the pack? I was looking over the reply's and i would be classified as a 3, i have years of sledding experience but not in the hills.

YOU EASILY HAVE ENOUGH SLED... THERE WILL PROBABLY END UP BEING 2 GROUPS HEADING OUT(MAYBE EVEN 3) WITH THERE BEING AN ABSOLUTE BEGINNERS CLASS, AND INTERMEDIATE, AND PROBABLY AND ADVANCED GROUP..... NOT TO WORRY ABOUT NOT ENOUGH SLED, THE OLD SUMMITS HAD THE WILL POWER!!! YOUR'E MORE THAN WELCOME TO JOIN THE TRIP.

Top Bottom