Turtle

Shankster

Reaction score
Hey there, was wondering if there was ever a trail made going into Turtle? I heard rumours about a year or so ago but never heard any more on it. Thank's in advance!!

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Turtle is such an awesome place to ride. This was back in turtle 2 years ago May 1st.

Attachments

• revy 035.jpg
    revy 035.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 853
  • revy 037.jpg
    revy 037.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 852
  • revy 038.jpg
    revy 038.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 852
  • revy 040.jpg
    revy 040.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 848

Shankster

Reaction score
This project is ongoing, but it sure doesn`t help when riders mark up the heli-ski runs when signs clearly ask you not to. :rant:

The trail up there is pretty wild, and maybe that is why people go across the heli runs. Maybe a little reverse psychology will work here. We put a trail in then there is no reason to go off the trail....because it is layed out for you.:rolleyes: just my thoughts!!

Shankster

Reaction score
Oh there's a trail alright...........LOL!!!

lol, 2 years ago I went in there and it took me only 6 hours to make it up with my RX1...ton...with 151 track...:eek: A pile of turbo 162 tracks had just rolled through with there nasties and there were trenches everywhere!! Sure glad I don't have that tank anymore!!:p

Last edited:

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
This thread is hilarious.

My daughter made it into Turtle nine years ago on a formula 500. Took lots of time and planning for her, with dads crew and help.....

But, we never crosssed the ski runs. Never had a cut trail.
People never trenched the hills as we all had to go up and down.

If we all take our time and fill in trenches on the way in and ride like hell once were in there. This really helps.....

NO NO, she does not ride a 500 anymore rather an 8000.

Oops thought I was Joey for a second....800 would be the correct number.

Be safe all!

ldog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
C'mon, you know that you don't have to climb the ski runs to get in there. Yes it can be a little tough at times and only the experienced should try it. I hope they never EVER put a trail in there!!! You have to leave some places a little tougher to get into for the more experienced. [ not that there isn't other places around Revy] There's more than one way in and it should be kept that way........

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure where the ski runs are but we crossed some wicked avy shoots. I kinda thought those were the ski runs as we took the highest traffic way in. I have been up a back way that was like a goat trail zig zagging back and forth for miles so it seemed and i'm sure we were in heli ski areas cuz we found marked out areas. It was snowing so hard we didn'nt care where we were as long as we could stay together.

POWDERCHOWDER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sweet we leave wed night, slamnek it was the heli ski area we went up but it was in may and the operation was shut down for the season. I belive we are allowed then, correct me if i'm wrong.

sledslut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
there was no tracks up the heli ski turn off.. but the back way there was a path goiing in.... up throught thoes trees could be fun id think.

SLEDHEAD 900RMK

Reaction score
Its a wounderful place to play. Plus keep going and your into Eagles Pass. But not for the less exsperence riders. Had my 15 year old Daughter in turtle last year. She pulled the big hill off the lake on way out in one try. And this was on a M6. :d

climbmax

Team Thunderstruck
Reaction score
Winter of 2002.......buddy shows up with his regular riding pal. On a Elan. I say ......where the fawk is he gonna go with that? Buddy says....no worries, he'll be fine. I say ok. We go in through the nastiest of access points. Hes right there.........follows us all the way back to Eagles cause we can se ehis tracks.......on 1 gallon of spare fuel:) He rode tree well to trree well to gain access to the $hitty spots. it was amazing:)
If it got too steep .......he walked beside it and pushed!! lol
Bottom line.......if your determined and half a rider you can go anywhere.
Safe sleddin
RS

Last edited by a moderator:

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have yet to be to Turtle, but it sure looks and sounds like fun! Thanks Slamnek For the pic's!:d

SLEDHEAD 900RMK

Reaction score
So true Climbmax. Use to go threw so many Sh-t h-oles to get ride the nice spots with the old 500 and 650. Lots of sidehilling to make it up the steep stuff. Now you just point and go over the top. But when you have to ride out through the trees going up steep inclines, so many can't make it out. Upside down in the tree wells. :d So the old school riding when we had low power sure comes in handy. And is lots of fun watching the young riders having issues. And the old boys just ride back down:p, help dig out or watch and give proper shovelling skills. Then turn around by the tree well and head back to the top.:d

Shankster

Reaction score
Winter of 2002.......buddy shows up with his regular riding pal. On a Elan. I say ......where the fawk is he gonna go with that? Buddy says....no worries, he'll be fine. I say ok. We go in through the nastiest of access points. Hes right there.........follows us all the way back to Eagles cause we can see his tracks.......on 1 gallon of spare fuel:) He rode tree well to tree well to gain access to the $hitty spots. it was amazing:)
Safe sleddin
RS

I was out with my father(ABfarmer) about 5 years ago. He insisted on bringing his 340 grand touring. Coming out of Superbowl it took about 10 trys and finally I got it out, and yes I had to do the old run beside and push trick!! But that riding from tree well to tree well...now that is one to remember!!:beer:

jbb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Winter of 2002.......buddy shows up with his regular riding pal. On a Elan. I say ......where the fawk is he gonna go with that? Buddy says....no worries, he'll be fine. I say ok. We go in through the nastiest of access points. Hes right there.........follows us all the way back to Eagles cause we can see his tracks.......on 1 gallon of spare fuel:) He rode tree well to tree well to gain access to the $hitty spots. it was amazing:)
Safe sleddin
RS

i seen the samething at owls head years ago, but the guy had an old bravo.

Top Bottom