Tune for 2016 6.7 ford

DirtLUmp

Reaction score
Can anybody recommend someone to custom tune a 6.7 powerstroke? Tried coopers but they aren't doing 16's yet. Don't really want to go with a bullydog canned tune.

TIA

Carrots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Stay away from bullydog, they wreck tranny's on the 15 and up. Tyrant diesel is supposed to have good tunes, and they make the exhaust brake work better than factory. If you want to spend a little more money check out proven diesel inc. with the ezlynk system. https://m.facebook.com/provendiesel/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BIGHORN1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just buy a dirtymax and be done with it, had a few buds try the 6.7 and greneaded them

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
why would the tune make a difference on year as the set up is the same from 2011 to 2016 is it not?

DirtLUmp

Reaction score
just buy a dirtymax and be done with it, had a few buds try the 6.7 and greneaded them

My 2012 ford was tuned for well over 200k never missed a beat.

Last edited:

DirtLUmp

Reaction score
Stay away from bullydog, they wreck tranny's on the 15 and up. Tyrant diesel is supposed to have good tunes, and they make the exhaust brake work better than factory. If you want to spend a little more money check out proven diesel inc. with the ezlynk system. https://m.facebook.com/provendiesel/

I actually talked to proven. Sounds like a pretty good setup. Have you used their ezlynk? Not looking for more power just mileage. My 12 would do 11L/100 at 120kph and this one is over 16L/100 on hiway. Same tire size same roads

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I actually talked to proven. Sounds like a pretty good setup. Have you used their ezlynk? Not looking for more power just mileage. My 12 would do 11L/100 at 120kph and this one is over 16L/100 on hiway. Same tire size same roads

Who did you use on your 12 for tuning? I need to delete mine soon.

DirtLUmp

Reaction score
Who did you use on your 12 for tuning? I need to delete mine soon.

I used H&S but I think they are pretty hard to come by these days. Buddy of mine got an 11 tuned recently in sylvan lake at dirty diesel. They used an sct device with a custom tune on it. He seems happy with it.

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I used H&S but I think they are pretty hard to come by these days. Buddy of mine got an 11 tuned recently in sylvan lake at dirty diesel. They used an sct device with a custom tune on it. He seems happy with it.

I have a minimax so just wondering if it's worth the difference to go to custom tunes or run the h@s tuning

DirtLUmp

Reaction score
I have a minimax so just wondering if it's worth the difference to go to custom tunes or run the h@s tuning

Got ya. Ya I was happy with the H&S canned tune. I ran the H&S on stock power level with the ford transmission tuning. I didn't like the H&S trans tune.

skidoo6100

Reaction score
I have a '12 deleted with the bully dog tuner and i agree the tunes arent that great...the trans seems to shift so slow sometimes and has a mind of its own. Usually run in tow, not looking for a major power upgrade.

DirtLUmp

Reaction score
Decided to go with proven diesel's ezlynk set up. Will report my results when I have time to get it installed. On another topic has anyone installed any sort of immobilizer system on one of these newer fords? Going to be spending s couple months in a high theft area. Last time I was there a few trucks went missing, some of them 2011+ f350's

Carrots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just installed my ezlynk from proven diesel last night for my 16, and I'm very impressed with it. 4 settings 0-200hp shift on the fly with your iPhone or android, super easy to use, you can customize what gauges you want to see. Also proven diesels customer service is on another level, If you have any questions he will answer you within minutes weather it be at 9 am or 10 at night

Top Bottom