Triton TC seriers or in-line

big_red1a

Reaction score
Any one have experience with any of these?
I have a Harley Ford f150 5.3L 373 rear end the full time awd lowers towing capacity and the exhasut is noisy
I pull long distance from Saskatchewan through mountains to BC
I would like a 3 place in-line that i could sqeeze 4 162" sleds into front back if i was in a pinch (7x22)
I Think the 3 place and full size inline may be to much for this truck in the mountains

I have narrowed my search to:

Triton TC 228 Hold 4 sleds but 8' wide
Triton TC 227 Holds 3 in line may sneak 4 in but would be a pain to load/unload
Triton TC 16 Smaller then I would like but towes the best Only holds 2 sleds
Stealth Predator 6'6 interior 22'+5' v Nicest trailer full int height for construction or working on sleds Lots of wind drag

Please tell me about your expeirnce with the trailer and what was used to tow it through the mountains

Thanks

Chump

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a big trailer for a half ton...

Chump

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Usually tow a 14x7 enclosed with a duramax. Couldn't imagine towing through the mountains with any less of a truck.

aocbiz

Reaction score
Ya I agree, I bought a 4 place mission aluminum box over a year ago, I pull with a 6.0 ltr 2500 and I don't like pulling it. If I had a diesel it would be good. But it's too much trailer (when loaded), for the 6 ltr.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
I tow a 19ft stealth apache all aluminum enclosed trailer(can easily fit 3) behind my 2013 ram 1500 hemi 4x4, with automatic 4 wheel air ride suspension....no problemo, and it adjusts all 4 wheels to suit trailer or whatever driving conditions.... Payload for my truck is 1900lbs, and maximum towing capacity is 10,650lbs..... Hope this helps you a bit.

gedakbx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a race 7 x 23 all aluminum inline can easily get 3 163 s in there no way you could fit 4. With three there is lots of room for other gear. Went to Golden from Red Deer and back yesterday my 2011 duramax got 15 L per 100 km way better than my old 20ft interstate. Trailer weights 1700 lbs empty i believe. You dont even know it is behind the truck.

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a Harley Ford f150 5.3L 373 rear end the full time awd lowers towing capacity and the exhasut is noisy
I would like a 3 place in-line that i could sqeeze 4 162" sleds into front back if i was in a pinch (7x22)
I Think the 3 place and full size inline may be to much for this truck in the mountains

Stealth Predator 6'6 interior 22'+5' v Nicest trailer full int height for construction or working on sleds Lots of wind drag

Please tell me about your expeirnce with the trailer and what was used to tow it through the mountains

Thanks

The smallest, easiest to tow trailer that will hold 4x 162" sleds is going to be a 7x27 (27' long includes the 3-5' V section). I bought a similar trailer over the summer, and I went with a R&R 7.5x28 to fit four 174" comfortably. Unfortunately it was stolen before I could try it out. But if I end up buying another one it'll be another R&R.

52weekbreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Thanks

I went through this (trailer selection) process last year. The evolution of most purchases for me starts with what I would really think is cool and would be the ultimate. Then I looked at my tow vehicle to see if it would pull it. Then I determined the cost. After changing my underwear, I went back to the drawing board to figure out what I actually needed.

I go to the mountains a couple times per year and I meet up with my buddies along the way so as cool as it might be to have a big 4 place with heater etc. there would be few times when it would actually have 4 sleds in it. My truck could pull it. Yours, maybe not but it came down to utilization and cost. Also matters where you can park this bad boy cuz they take up a ton of ground both in your yard and in the staging area.

Love the Triton TC227 and that would have been my choice but none available locally when I was shopping. I did get a quote on bringing one in to a local dealer and the price just did not make any sense. Thought about buying in Manitoba and got the trailer down to a reasonable price - about $4,000 cheaper than the local cost so worth the trip to me.

A few weeks passed and I noticed that I really wasn't missing a big enclosed, I just needed something for flexibility while thinking it over. Picked up a Triton XT12VR while I was pondering. It seems that it nicely suits my needs which is transporting 1 or 2 sleds around. It is light enough to pull behind my wife's SUV for trips out to our farm and I can haul 3 sleds (2 on the trailer and 1 in the back of my truck) with ease. For storage I just suspend it from my shop ceiling so don't even notice it when I don't need it.

I have been thinking of covering it in (see ) to protect sleds from slush but this really hasn't been a problem yet. Would be nice to have enclosed area for gear but still deciding if it is worth it. I mean it is but at the end of the day, this actually complicates things a bit as I would now have to use floor space in my shop or leave it outside.

So what I am getting at is focus on getting what you need and does that mean spending an extra 5 to 8 thousand dollars to accommodate 2 extra guys once or twice a year? If so, look at renting and get what you need for your local trips.

Good luck (still would have bought the TC227 if I really needed the enclosed:)

Top Bottom