Tri County Toy Ride trails ruined by quads

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got an E-mail from Brian of the Tri-County Trail Blazers. They had a Toy Run this past weekend for Santa's Anonymous. A FAMILY event.

They had groomed the trails prior to Sunday's ride. On the Saturday there were apparently 17 quads that went through Ministik on the groomed trails, ruining them for the Toy Run FAMILY ride.

I ask those that ruined the trails.....at what point did you think the trails were groomed for a quad!? Did you not stop and think for a moment that maybe something was up, or that maybe you might realize that your quads would make a mess of said trails.

No freakin' common sense yet again! I am not going to make any friends with this post, andI have one thing to say to all 17 of you...

DICKS!

powerteker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't worry I feel the same as u....I don't even ride anywhere close to town because of the f***in quads!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:realmad::realmad::rant: so there ya go

Deasoninc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was there on Saturday with the family and some friends SNOWMOBILING! There was more then seventeen quads there. I was really pissed that they would think that it was OK for them to go and ruin the trails. Our group even avoided the groomed trails on 21 by our house knowing that this Charity event was happening on Sunday. All I can say to those that where on the trails on there quads is SHAME ON YOU!!!! I am sure that there is some of those riders on this forum. I would like to here there defense?? A$$Holes!!!! Sorry for the rant:realmad:

Al "ley Cat"

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im not for quads rideing on the trails either but, just wondering are there any signs posted to warn them not to be on them ? Like ive said in a diff. post there will all ways be those Dummkopfes out there in the world which only thing of there selfs .

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Im not for quads rideing on the trails either but, just wondering are there any signs posted to warn them not to be on them ? Like ive said in a diff. post there will all ways be those Dummkopfes out there in the world which only thing of there selfs .

Most trails are signed with snowmobile signs, and do say "Snowmobiles Only"

storch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
was out on sat with a buddy and our kids took them to a hill to go tubing.
we had to drive up and down with the sleds to get a nice packed trail for the boys to tube on. Knowhere near the trails but we had 2 sled tracks going to our spot. I watched 3 complete morons on quads ripping
towards us following our tracks then chewed up the hill fishing tailing
and completely rutting the sh!t out of our little hill. I was amazed
and shocked. My 4 year old asked why they wrecked his hill and I had to
tell him that some people don't have a bloody clue. Thing was the first guy
had to be 50+. Damn good thing they did not stop, kids would of had to put
their ear muffs on tight.

I ride the sturgeon river and years with lots of snow the only way the quads
can run is if a sledder breaks a trail.
BREAK YOUR OWN G*D D*MN TRAILS!!:rant::rant:

Last edited by a moderator:

Can-Do

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so far im in agreement, boneheads should have known better. yes the system of trails is posted "snomobiles only" but lets for a second change the direction this topic is going so far.

we know quads shouldnt be in this particular area as "sustainable resources" has allowances for certain clubs to use the system under very strict guildlines set forth by them. not to mention the labour intensive volunteer hours, the clubs commitment to hold fund raiseing events to purchase equipment to maintain the system.

my question is how do you enforce it? how do you keep quads off the system? they can enter from darn near any direction so blocking trails wont help, theyd knock down smaller trees to get around it. policing? i doubt they could care less nor spend the time and resource to even do a drive by.

anyone have any ideas on how the Ministik clubs can police thsi area? and whos juristiction should enforce it?

it has to be enforced somehow dont ya think? just posting on a forum such as this one to " please stay off the snomobile only" comments will not cut it

curious as to others thoughts about this, any ideas for enforcement? public notice...something?

Dzl

Reaction score
so far im in agreement, boneheads should have known better. Yes the system of trails is posted "snomobiles only" but lets for a second change the direction this topic is going so far.

We know quads shouldnt be in this particular area as "sustainable resources" has allowances for certain clubs to use the system under very strict guildlines set forth by them. Not to mention the labour intensive volunteer hours, the clubs commitment to hold fund raiseing events to purchase equipment to maintain the system.

My question is how do you enforce it? How do you keep quads off the system? They can enter from darn near any direction so blocking trails wont help, theyd knock down smaller trees to get around it. Policing? I doubt they could care less nor spend the time and resource to even do a drive by.

Anyone have any ideas on how the ministik clubs can police thsi area? And whos juristiction should enforce it?

It has to be enforced somehow dont ya think? Just posting on a forum such as this one to " please stay off the snomobile only" comments will not cut it

curious as to others thoughts about this, any ideas for enforcement? Public notice...something?

Can-Do

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
again though this course of action leads itself to the clubs haveing to clean up after the corrective action..LOL:d

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
https://www.snowandmud.com/forum/108/ministik-trails-09-10-season-22486-2.html#post662934

Actions of a few ruin it for the majority..... not implying it was this member but unfortunately these posts are viewed by many....members and guests....confirmation of being legal is all some folks need (some not even)

When I lived in Lamont we rode the river rats trails on quads, didn't wreck them, didn't doughnut them, although some others did....we would come by sledders on the trails shoot the chit, have a beer, never had an issue...it's all about respect.... If we can't cooperate among ourselves as riders how can we ever hope to substansiate our stance among non-riders....

Just sayin:(

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you are a fast at writing, take plate numbers, if no plates, call enforcement and tell them there are quaders driving dangerously and recklessly and none seem to have plates or respect for others and you think there might be alcohol involved.

If all everyone does is cries and moans on a forum, what's going to be done? Pick up a phone and voice a complaint, if enough people show support I am sure they would monitor the area.

Can-Do

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well if it is legal for quads to be in the area and use the same system your hands are tied. eventualy people will stop paying for the passes as the trail system couldnt possably be maintained. less and less the clubs will look after the system and sustainable resource will shut the area down to ALL users once the damage to the area is too vast. quads , horses, sled you name it will probably not be allowed to use the area.

one of the only reasons that area is open is due to the fact its being cared for by the Ministik club. if they throw thier hands up and say enough it wouldnt be long after im betting they close the area completly

not to pick on any one club or another, the last few times i was out clearing trail to get this years season underway, havnt yet seen anyone that stirctly uses the area with quads nor any hose enthusiats out to help clean things up. everyone sure like to use it though :rolleyes: and yes a lot of the sledding community hasnt lifted a finger as well

according to a few club members its always the same people who do the trail cleanup when the season rolls around. eventualy these people will stop doing the work and we can all kiss ministik goodbye. one more area closed to add to the many others

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
I spoke with Brian on this issue today already, and I received his email as well.
All they can do is ask the quads to please stay off the Groomed snowmobile trails, they cannot enforce it at the Ministic Area. He was quite hurt with what happened as he was up the evening before right untill the wee morning hours with the groomer himself, grooming the trails all nice for the Toy Ride. I would say we groom these trails and maintain them for our snowmobile club, and ask them nicely if they can ride in another area.
Bruderheim has a great area, not much further away for multi use and theres quads there all year. No groomed trails that people worked hard to set up.
I know this did make the ride awefull for the riders, rough and all full of ruts. And look at the rucass it will cause online. Also I quad and sled and respect the trails so lets all do the same. And yes Im sure some are looking at these posts and feel guilty, next time please give these clubs respect, they worked hard for this and that area as well. Brian was going to post but he's actually quite upset, and that man doesnt have a mean bone in his body and he puts every breath into that trail system. Mabie after reading these posts and some time he will come on and comment.

Last edited:

Can-Do

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
true that Ron. at least the toy run was a success for its intended purpose, lets not forget about that by the shadow of trail condition. they had lots of people out and im sure gathered a lot of needed toys and food for people who probably cannot afford a quad or sled :)

SKIROULE

Reaction score
Is there really nothing that can be done about this? I Can't believe that as snowmobilers we buy the seasonal ASA pass and trail pass for every club ran trail system we use to keep the small patches of trails going as they are for the most part the only places left in this province we can freely enjoy. But If I rode a Quad, Without any obligation can for free use the same paid trail systems destroying them as I go? But still be fully within my legal rights? I think we are all missing something here!:confused:

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
As a member of the Trail Seekers Snowmobile club, I too can speak to the hours, and dollars that go into the trails to keep them up and running. Not to mention the hours spent in landowner meetings/government meetings and Sustainable resource meetings, phone calls, hours of physical labour, paperwork, etc. It's not a cake walk to get a signed trail on the ground. I too know Brian, haven't yet spoke to him on this issue, but I see the president of our club work just as hard as he does, when we see quads have torn up our trails we also get very upset. How many hours do you think it takes to groom these trails? Do you realize that these trails are all groomed by VOLUNTEERS after they have put in their full day at work, they go out to make these trails safe for all of us and our families. Screw your heads on straight guys. Quads, sleds, horses, cross country ski's. Whichever way you choose to travel, PLEASE use these trails with respect. Buy your trail pass, $70 is a small fraction of the costs to get these trails going. Groomers bought, fuel purchased, groomers maintained, and most importantly TRAILS INSURED.

Lets all go out have a safe and fun winter. Quads, stay off the groomed trails. You won't want to face any club member that has put the hours into it, as they will have a few words for you.

Thanks.

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
To me it's not an issue of whether or not the quads have a legal right to be there. It's the fact that no respect was shown to the trails system whatsoever. They could have riden the trails lightly, no spinnig of tires, no donuts and so on. A 2" to 3" rut does far less damage than a 6" to 9" rut! Not only for the famalies that came out for a charity ride, but for this environmentally sensitive area that we have been given the PRIVELAGE to ride. Really scary part of this whole thing is that at some point it could very well get EVERYONE kicked out of there.

I repeat.....a complete lack of common sense and respect.

retiredpop

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately as said above the law is on their side. They are licensed as an all terrain vehicle and that includes snow. There is no law that governs the use of these vehicles in a courteous and respectful manner to others. There is no law against stupidity. It is up to the sledders who comes across these people to block the trail so they have to stop and then explain to them the consequences of their actions. Also if you know any quadders complain to them so they can tell their friends as well. Maybe if enough people tell them they will GET IT.

porkhaaks

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Question ???? Does the ASA have someone that goes around and does PRESENTATIONS (TALKs) ? I think maybe ASA ""could""" send someone to talk in the SCHOOLs around Ministik... Hay Lakes , New Sarepta , Tofield , South Cooking Lake , Ministik and others. Not just about QUADs, Just in general about trail systems and snowmobiling . My 2 cents ps. I believe that rules are TRACKED vehicles only during the season!!!!

Top Bottom