Trailering To Mcbride

barleyfarmer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm off to Mcbride this weekend and was wondering how everything has to be strapped down in my trailer(28 foot enclosed).What else are they checking?Buddy is pulling my trailer with a ford 1 ton so weight shouldn't be an issue.Just wondering what to expect if we get yanked over! Thanks!!

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Make sure your breakaway is working and your battery is charged,all lights work mand you have the registration card for the plate. Breakaway MUST skid tires

steveo10

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
McBrides finest are great to deal with. Been stopped LATE at night and after all was good started to b.s with the officer(s) more than once

Got your ducks in a row you will be more than fine.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am not sure about inside of an inclosed trailer, but I know a flat deck trailer you have to have methods of tie downs on each sled. I know guys who have an inclosed trailer and they don't even tie them down, just put the park brake on!

barleyfarmer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How many tie downs do I need on each sled?I heard they check for that the odd time.One in the front and back doesn't cut it anymore?Buddy doesn't drink so he makes an awesome dd so no worries there.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
they want serious tie downs. they check the ratings on them and everything. they want side to side straps and front to back LOL. good luck doing that in an enclosed.

we just tie front to back. even when they did stop us they just give you reccomendations on how to properly tie down anyways. never a ticket for tie downs incorrect, just want to see your trying.

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree with neil, seen a 4 place in allan from athebasca and nothing tied down, never been stopped but if driving F350 bring lots of fuel and spare parts for truck. LOL

zal

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Superclamp on the front and a strap on the back would be sufficient you would think. That would be three points of contact.

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Seen a couple of trucks with smashed out side windows when i was heading home from there, not sure where it happened. I heard rumours it may be at the sugarbowl area where the vandals struck. Who knows maybe someday police will take aim at the proper targets, and gain back the much much needed respect from the public.

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Seen a couple of trucks with smashed out side windows when i was heading home from there, not sure where it happened. I heard rumours it may be at the sugarbowl area where the vandals struck. Who nows maybe someday police will take aim at the proper targets, and gain back the much much needed respect from the public.

X2 They must think it is to catch sledders but not thieves.

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am not sure about inside of an inclosed trailer, but I know a flat deck trailer you have to have methods of tie downs on each sled. I know guys who have an inclosed trailer and they don't even tie them down, just put the park brake on!
they are dumb.

han solo

Reaction score
You need 4 tie down points. A superclamp across the front counts as 2, but then need 2 for the rear. Anything that is loose is considered an unsecure load if the really want to be a dick about it. So a loose jerry can, bag, whatever you have techinally needs to be tied down.

BeachSled

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had two RC's in my avy class this weekend at valemount and asked them about super clamps, I was told 3 points, front clamp on ski's counts at two and one rear clamp on rails counts as 1. I was also surprised how far my 151" stuck out of my truck box, I need a light on the back now I guess. From the end of my box where the gate is hinged to the rear bumper of the sled was 5ft 2". So I might head to princess auto and get a light and wire it into a plug and connect it to the trailer lights plugin.

BeachSled

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here is part of the hand out they gave me. It says minimum 2 points. They said its a problem when guys use one strap for two sleds. A set of super clamps is just fine.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1330437268.303780.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1330437268.303780.jpg
    170.2 KB · Views: 86
Top Bottom