Track question

TravisFader

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Whats the significance of having the 2 open window one closed window design on a track, Does a guy need to change his drivers to run this kind of track. Like whats going on here, i have a deal going but i dont know about this closed window every third. I'm running the yamaha viper. Any expertise on this subject guys? thanks

Travis

shawnmcgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If I understand right, every third extro driver hole is closed. You cannot run extro drrivers o nthis style track, trail track. I think they did this to save weight (1/3rd less clips) and cost. If you have extros on they yes you will need to remove them.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If I understand right, every third extro driver hole is closed. You cannot run extro drrivers o nthis style track, trail track. I think they did this to save weight (1/3rd less clips) and cost. If you have extros on they yes you will need to remove them.

Yep, what he ^ said. Cannot run these closed window tracks wtih extrovert drivers unless you punch out the closed windows.

The design was initially thought up to possibly keep more snow in the track and against the sliders for better lubrication in low snow conditions (don't know if this ever really worked) and weight (which really isn't that much of a savings when you factor in added weight of the extra rubber covering every 3 window that offsets the weight reduction from fewer clips).

99summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you need to take them out just use a hole saw and then a jig saw to take the corners out, took me about an hour to do a 151" You don't need to clip those windows.

Top Bottom