Track Porting

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
I'm in but first have to get all the parts to put the 159" in.
I think I might have to punch a bunch of holes in my new track.Better yet,Everyone bring there sleds to my shop and we will smoke the place out.Lets have a TrackPorting Party!Got a big beer Fridge!
catmando!

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
When you get your sled back let me know,Mines still at Rory's.I will do a little more research on porting and mayby we will do this!
catmando!

GRD

Reaction score
I still don't see how the benefits out way the negatives. I would think that the track becomes a lot weaker and easeir to rip? Thoughts?

tekim

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I still don't see how the benefits out way the negatives. I would think that the track becomes a lot weaker and easeir to rip? Thoughts?

I was also wondering about floatation?? Think of a boat with a bunch of holes in it.:confused:

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
As posted before,the biggest advantage is making the track more flexable therefore reducing drag and decreasing the time it takes to reach top track speed.If gaining two pounds is the reason your doing it?????????????????? Use the time wisely and polish your tunnel.As for flexability,If you do every rib with two holes spaced appropriatly you should gain maximum flexability witout compromising strenth.Hard to believe they threw me out of school eh!I could have been a physics major.And lastly floatation should not be a factor because your track is doing 90 miles an hour,Its not the track,It because your riding a DOO!
LOL! LMAO!
Take that to the bank!
After all that I sure hope I'm right!
catmando!

snotterite

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Floatation is improved some what especially in powder as the voids help to clear the skid of snow, less weight- good.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Floatation is improved some what especially in powder as the voids help to clear the skid of snow, less weight- good.

Thanks for that,I didnt think it would make a differance.Makes sense though,less wieght more floatation.Nice talking to ya at shanks,Hope we get a chance to ride this year!
catmando!

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
It Also Helps Disperse Snow/water Up To The Coolers Under The Tunnel On Some Models And Also Helps Get The Almighty Snow Onto The Sliders On Thinner Snow Conditions To Help Prevent Wear.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I firmly believe the manufacturers would not have gone to porting if there was not some sort of worth while benifit. I will be porting mine this fall before riding..

Me too,Brand new and ported before I even try it!
catmando!

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I will connect with you before starting this project, we may be able to hook up and work together as you had suggested. Nothing gets started before the snowmobile show for me though.

I'm likely not going to have my sled back untill after that anyway,sounds good,.
catmando!

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
I'll Be Ready In About 3 Weeks I Think And Hopefully The Bugsgirl Too... Get That Shop Ready Kitty Man, And I Think Tg Will Come Help For Beers And Burnt Rubber Smoke........ Yehaw, A Smokedown.....

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Three weeks sounds about right according to Rory!
Let the porting party begin!
catmando!

Last edited:
Top Bottom