Towing With Ford F-150 Lightning A "Total Disaster" Owner Finds

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah if it doesn’t fit the criteria for what a truck is intended then you may as well buy an electric car.

Can fit more jerry cans in the box with the electric f150 😆

FB_IMG_1664460393821.jpg

M1ryguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I really want to see a group try to do a sled trip pulling an enclosed with an electric truck in the middle of winter. I argue about it all the time with some of my friends who think electric is the future. These friends obviously are not sledders and would have a hard time changing a tire on the side of the road lol

SHREK1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I really want to see a group try to do a sled trip pulling an enclosed with an electric truck in the middle of winter. I argue about it all the time with some of my friends who think electric is the future. These friends obviously are not sledders and would have a hard time changing a tire on the side of the road lol
Unfortunately electric probably is the future sledding and the stuff some of us enjoy is probably not

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'd be willing to trial that.
If an EV truck company gave me a demo just to see how it would do.

M1ryguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Electric might make sense to people for some stuff but it isn't taking over sledding. Imagine revy on a weekend, 100's of trucks charging, and a 1000 sleds charging over night. Not going to happen

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Electric might make sense to people for some stuff but it isn't taking over sledding. Imagine revy on a weekend, 100's of trucks charging, and a 1000 sleds charging over night. Not going to happen
The only appealing thing about electric snowmobiles is the instant torque. Electric power plants in a snowmobile would work amazing in the mountains in my opinion. But I would never buy one because I need to hear Braaap

Dragonalain

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Turbine 6 in the damn would supply all electric trucks and snowmobiles with gogo Amps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
One of my birdseed customers bought 2 f-150 lightnings. Originally one for himself but his wife loved it so much they had to get a second one. I should be able to try it next time I'm in Edmonton. He had 2 Rivian reservations but got tired of waiting.

snoflake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
MGM in Red Deer has one listed for $114,000.00. If you click on the "window sticker" tab they are supposed to retail for $84,000.00.

turbo392

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Like every 1/2 ton truck, they are designed for pretend street drag racing, taking the kids to the mall and picking up groceries from Costco. I'm sure it will do all those just fine.

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
MGM in Red Deer has one listed for $114,000.00. If you click on the "window sticker" tab they are supposed to retail for $84,000.00.
That's called a "market adjustment" in the USA. As far as I know the Canadian dealers aren't allowed to do that.
Screen Shot 2022-10-03 at 7.39.10 AM.png

Imagine paying $25K interest on a vehicle that was marked up $30K.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's called a "market adjustment" in the USA. As far as I know the Canadian dealers aren't allowed to do that.
View attachment 260765
Imagine paying $25K interest on a vehicle that was marked up $30K.

It’s not allowed in the US either. It’s the dealership doing that, if the manufacturer found out, it’s bad for the dealer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

snoflake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well, it is happening with a lot of dealers right now. My advice would be to ensure you see a window sticker for any new vehicle purchases.

Top Bottom