Towing With Ford F-150 Lightning A "Total Disaster" Owner Finds

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well, it is happening with a lot of dealers right now. My advice would be to ensure you see a window sticker for any new vehicle purchases.

I’d be reporting that to ford Canada. But there are people stupid enough to pay $140+ for that POS and not care of the price gouging.

Ford dealers seem to be cocky, when I was looking for a new truck last year, the sales person at ford wanted a 10k deposit in Whitecourt. Told them to go fack themselves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
^^^ I have a story about the Peace country Ford dealer.... I wouldn't piss in that parking lot....

mclean

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Buddy of mine walked into Cam Clark here in Calgary and said he was looking for a loaded 3/4 or 1 ton. Lady laughed at him so he walked out and went down the road to chev and bought a loaded gmc duramax.

Lost a customer forever

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
GM does that too. Go try to get a z06 for sticker price.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
GM does that too. Go try to get a z06 for sticker price.

Depends on the dealer, cant get a zo6 right now anyway. Gm is pulling crap to prevent flipping. You can get vettes for mrsp. GM dealer in the states got in big crap for forcing zo6 customers to pay above mrsp.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Depends on the dealer, cant get a zo6 right now anyway. Gm is pulling crap to prevent flipping. You can get vettes for mrsp. GM dealer in the states got in big crap for forcing zo6 customers to pay above mrsp.

You cant get one, thats why they are charging out the ass for them.

Even just the regular c8 was impossible to get for msrp. Maybe you can now? Doubt it.

Ford aint the only one that does it. Used 488 ferraris are selling for double msrp...

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And why shouldnt they? Some guy buys a car a msrp and can sell it for double. Maybe the dealer shoulda just did that...

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You cant get one, thats why they are charging out the ass for them.

Even just the regular c8 was impossible to get for msrp. Maybe you can now? Doubt it.

Ford aint the only one that does it. Used 488 ferraris are selling for double msrp...

I know a guy who got a C8 for MRSP, and has his name on two zo6’s. MRSP is set by the manufacturer, not the dealer, anything else is price gouging.

The market sets used prices, GM is saying the vette owner cannot sell that vehicle for two years, or the warranty is void.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My brother got a C8 for MRSP, and has his name on two zo6’s. MRSP is set by the manufacturer, not the dealer, anything else is price gouging.

The market sets used prices, GM is saying the vette owner cannot sell that vehicle for two years, or the warranty is void.

Thats good. My dad figures he can get one for msrp also. Everyone ive seen is 50g over though...

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know a guy who got a C8 for MRSP, and has his name on two zo6’s. MRSP is set by the manufacturer, not the dealer, anything else is price gouging.

Ya my cousin got a C8 for msrp, took over a year to get it after he ordered it though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

catrutt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Like every 1/2 ton truck, they are designed for pretend street drag racing, taking the kids to the mall and picking up groceries from Costco. I'm sure it will do all those just fine.
Like every FORD 1/2 ton.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
MSRP is just that.... Manufacturer's suggested retail price. If they can get more, there is no law in Alberta
to prevent this. If they advertise the price somewhere, they cannot charge more than an "advertised price".

In the USA:

Can a Dealer Charge More Than MSRP? Yes. Yes. And Yes.​

cec6254e2987a56037cb5dacc2cff46a

December 1, 2021
Zach Shefska
Can a car dealer charge you more than the manufactures suggested retail price (MSRP)? If you live in the United States, the answer is an emphatic “yes,” and ever since the great chip shortage of 2021 (yes, we are naming it that), more and more car dealers have increased their new car selling prices well above MSRP.

Today we’ll walk you through the laws that allow car dealers to sell their inventory at thousands, tens of thousands, and hundreds of thousands above MSRP. These laws protect dealers to markup their inventory to levels well beyond MSRP. We’ve included a bonus “craziest markups” section at the bottom of this post to give you some context as to how out of control new car pricing currently is.

In this post we’ll also give you some suggestions for how you can find dealers that are not marking their new cars over MSRP, as well as the “word tracks” you can use when trying to negotiate with a salesperson or sales manager.

Without further adieu, let’s dive in!

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Buisness's are allowed to make money in Canada? Are you sure about that😂

Pretty sure thats why people get into buisness in the first place.

Supply and demand. Big demand, small supply. Charge more, makes sense to me...

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep. How many people would sit in their garage smiling if two buyers of the toy you are selling on Kijiji got into a bidding war? It’s called capitalism boys and girls. It’s what your grandparents fought for in the big wars.

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No way. It's the dodge hemi guys that always seem to have something to prove.

Saw a Lightning at elementary school drop off this morning, sure told me a lot about the woman driving it as far as financial savvy and intelligence.
Sounds like you know everything about her since you know what kind of vehicle she drives.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what about a 350,000$ ford ranger. with a chevy bigblock. and no tow hitch. Thats gotta say something about a guy :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Top Bottom