tourque specs and lock tite??

Newfee

Reaction score
im planning on putting my 670(non HO or X) motor back together as soon as I gets the jugs back with new pistons and im wondering the tourque specs and if i should use loctite on the bolts. also any tips on break in wouldent hurt either i know to add a lil oil to the gas and drive moderatly for the first tank but is there anything else i can do to ensure proper break in. I got the cilinders cut/bored and new spi pistons put in.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
im planning on putting my 670(non ho or x) motor back together as soon as i gets the jugs back with new pistons and im wondering the tourque specs and if i should use loctite on the bolts. Also any tips on break in wouldent hurt either i know to add a lil oil to the gas and drive moderatly for the first tank but is there anything else i can do to ensure proper break in. I got the cilinders cut/bored and new spi pistons put in.

i'm only familiar with the 670x.... Only certain bolts should be loctited. I would recomend find a service manual(maybe even online) as it shows which bolts should be loctited and which type loctite to use. Break-in, you pretty much nailed it. Are you putting new crank seals in too?? ;) post pics!

posnick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
in the 99 manual, jug bolts are 21 ft lbs with lock tight and grease the shaft, head bolts are also 21 ft lbs, grease the shaft no loc tight, on the t-stat housing use pipe sealant on the shaft and loc tight, it dosnt give a torque value on the bolts. hope it hellps!

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
im planning on putting my 670(non HO or X) motor back together as soon as I gets the jugs back with new pistons and im wondering the tourque specs and if i should use loctite on the bolts. also any tips on break in wouldent hurt either i know to add a lil oil to the gas and drive moderatly for the first tank but is there anything else i can do to ensure proper break in. I got the cilinders cut/bored and new spi pistons put in.

Load that motor during break in. Drive moderately (no WFO runs for 10 miles) but to seat the rings properly you have to put a load on it. Ideally a nice long uphill road for 20 miles would be ideal. You need to get some pressure behind the rings to seat them against the cylinder wall.

Newfee

Reaction score
Load that motor during break in. Drive moderately (no WFO runs for 10 miles) but to seat the rings properly you have to put a load on it. Ideally a nice long uphill road for 20 miles would be ideal. You need to get some pressure behind the rings to seat them against the cylinder wall.

lol not sure where I would find a long uphill road around here to load the sled down how about I tie on my buddys poolaris behind her and tow it around a lake for a bit

Top Bottom