top posters

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
@ferniesnow Hey Doug, why did you call the back of Mear Lake “Cowboy Basin?”

Jason Caville
There are a couple reasons Jason. In the early days of being in Elkford, the contours of the basin led to wild riding with lots of wheelies, jumps, and side hilling. Then one day, a shadow appeared on the eastern wall. In my mind that was an old cowboy with his cowboy hat on smoking a cigarette and that little picture solidified my calling up above the tamaracks, Cowboy Basin.

I have put that picture in a lot of different videos over the years and in the video that I have attached, one can see it at the 0:20 second mark.

I just spent an hour going over some of the old videos back in the day and it was quite a journey!

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Called into work for 12 hrs OT night shift

jasoncaville

Reaction score
There are a couple reasons Jason. In the early days of being in Elkford, the contours of the basin led to wild riding with lots of wheelies, jumps, and side hilling. Then one day, a shadow appeared on the eastern wall. In my mind that was an old cowboy with his cowboy hat on smoking a cigarette and that little picture solidified my calling up above the tamaracks, Cowboy Basin.

I have put that picture in a lot of different videos over the years and in the video that I have attached, one can see it at the 0:20 second mark.

I just spent an hour going over some of the old videos back in the day and it was quite a journey!

I have wondered this for so many years now. Thanks for finding the pic, Doug! April riding is coming up pretty quick so hopefully the Cowboy will make an appearance! I like the video. So many wheelies 👍

Top Bottom