Thieves in Valemount

killernewf

Reaction score
Should have posted this last week but only finding time now. Hey guys just a heads up. Our trailer got broken into when we were at Allen last wednesday. The a#@holes desided to try and pound the lock off before they cut it. Bad enough to steal our gas and all of our tools but now I need to replace a panel on the back door. We left the parking lot about 11 am returned at 4 pm. Anyone know or seen these scumbags pls let me know ill make it worth your time to say the least.

MarkCos

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
VARDA should do something about this kinda bull crap, as the cops won't
they have no prob taking the cash for the trail fee , why can't they watch the parking lot also ?
charge me 2or 5 more bucks ?
to at least get a license plate or something

i still don't understand the steeling part ??
Its eazyer to get a job and buy the crap u want in life than to go through all the risk of getting busted ??
Week men are the skids marks in this world , and real men should not have to put up with their crappy diapers
lol

Last edited by a moderator:

killernewf

Reaction score
All i gotta say is that they are very lucky that I didnt catch them. I dont stop at ( Im Sorry)

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
That Sucks.............when things were going sideways in Golden a few years back they had someone in the parking lot at quartz taking 5 dollar donations and watching over everyones stuff,If I lived in one of these areas I would do it,likely an easy 200 dollar tax free day! The clubs could benifit from this,just keep it seperate from trail passes and dont force collection,most will donate.............Less will whine!
catmando!

brian h

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we were talking to the cops in vale a few weeks ago,they claim they do a drive through the parking lots twice a day on weekends and once a day during the week,so they are doing there part,anybody doing this type of break in deserves to get caught by the owner and dealt with

MACHINE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Find the Thieves and hang them high like old Clint Eastwood lol

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
we were talking to the cops in vale a few weeks ago,they claim they do a drive through the parking lots twice a day on weekends and once a day during the week,so they are doing there part,anybody doing this type of break in deserves to get caught by the owner and dealt with
I have been in the parking lot loading a sled when the cops drove through.... Drove right by me and never said chit. How would they have known I wasn't stealing a sled and driving it up on my sled deck.... Was really expecting them to stop and chat... Guess they were to busy looking for high hanging Alberta mud flaps.

ram4tow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Been at a couple staging areas sledding and seen cops without being checked. Now on the flipside I've been quadding / dirt biking and it never fails that we are checked for insurance and registration. I had tie down straps stolen from the top of mg sled deck in Allen last year.

Last edited:

Walkstripes

Reaction score
Funny the cops stopped and talked to me and were quite pleasant. Weird how most posts I've read were that the cops were harassing the sledders and they wanted to be left alone. I thanked them for coming down and checking on our stuff, even saw them patrolling the hotel parking lot at night checking on things.

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
Funny the cops stopped and talked to me and were quite pleasant. Weird how most posts I've read were that the cops were harassing the sledders and they wanted to be left alone. I thanked them for coming down and checking on our stuff, even saw them patrolling the hotel parking lot at night checking on things.
Your a cop aren't you???

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i'm all for police patrols whether they stop and chat or not, the bad guys just never know when or if they are coming over for a visit. especially if they are random. also the donation to a parking lot patroller is a great idea. $5 is real cheap, you'll never know how cheap till you get broken into. be a real good way to obtain extra cash on a weekend.

somethingnuw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i'm all for police patrols whether they stop and chat or not, the bad guys just never know when or if they are coming over for a visit. especially if they are random. also the donation to a parking lot patroller is a great idea. $5 is real cheap, you'll never know how cheap till you get broken into. be a real good way to obtain extra cash on a weekend.

no kidding... next year ill bring my ice fishing shack their and keep warm...collect 5 bucks per truck and the year after that maybe i could afford a sled... wife says no! but seriously if i was retired and just wanted to bs with the guys in the sport and make some coin sound like your on to something...

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sure sounds like easy money, set up a camera, taking eveyrones pic and vehicle, as they go by u. easy money, problem being theft would drop off and u might be out of a job.

killernewf

Reaction score
Ill be setting up my trail camera the next time i come down. Scum bags arent gonna deture me from coming to the place I love dearly. Happy sledding all. Best of luck and dont eat yellow snow :) Aint nobody got time for that!!!! lol

maxpower

Reaction score
VARDA should be dealing with this as well as the Cops. I shouldn't have to pay another $5 so my stuff doesn't get stolen.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah good luck collecting 5 bucks from every truck load at allen creek to be a weekend security guard:rolleyes:

Its not VARDAs fault your ch!t got stolen,, nor thier responsibilty to watch it ither... Its kinda like getting your car broken into at the mall. Sucks ass but it happens.

Just like when I pay 300$ a night for a shitty hotel up in fort mac and get 10,000$ in equipment stolen from my truck and dont even get a "sorry".

Or how we pay taxes to the City of Red Deer and yet ch!t get stolen from our river side drive shop all the time... why doesnt the city have a full time guy watching my shop? lol

You guys are expecting a little too much of the Old guy volunteering at the trail booth for GROOMING fees.....

Sorry about your stuff going missing tho,,, been there,, it sucks and leaves you feeling very pissed off:beer:

Last edited:

maxpower

Reaction score
The dude in the shack smokes a pack a day in there. Go for a walk around the parking lot midday and have a smoke. I don't want full out security camera's or guards but doing a couple rounds will help everybody & the dude in the shack might live a couple more years

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The dude in the shack smokes a pack a day in there. Go for a walk around the parking lot midday and have a smoke. I don't want full out security camera's or guards but doing a couple rounds will help everybody & the dude in the shack might live a couple more years

Exercise is always good...lol What time mid day? 2:00?

old guy "Yep I did my rounds at 2 and your ch!t was gone...Whoops maybe tommorow ill try at 1;30?)

I agree it wouldnt hurt,, but probably not enough to end all thefts from occurring.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

he does. and they stay well into the afternoon. and the police DO go around the lots iknow that for a fact. not much more can be done without hiring a fulltime security. and frankly weve got biggger issues as sledders that the 200,000$+ could go to.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
VARDA should be dealing with this as well as the Cops. I shouldn't have to pay another $5 so my stuff doesn't get stolen.

the way i look at it the $5 is cheaper than trying to get a ride into town to rent another vehicle to get home, or to get yer ch!t from the hotel. etc. there is always a tightwad in every crowd. the guy at the booth is there to collect trail fees, he may stick around if he had a few $$$, not much happens with trail fees after !!am i'm thinkin, i would gladly throw the guy $5 cheap cheap cheap, compared to what it will cost you if your rig is stolen, just ask anyone who has had it happen to them.

just my opinion

Top Bottom