The fast start to the summer fire season.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Get the plate number and turn it in. People just don’t get it sometimes unless you drop a brick on there heads.
I seen this occur three times today on the Yellowhead driving in to Edmonton from 25 minutes west, very common. If I was doing this I would have a list each day.

SicLoco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My place north of Kamloops has been on evac order for over two weeks and looking at the latest mapping this morning I don't think it's going to make it.
Worst summer ever
Sorry man! Hope your wrong but agree this is a bad one

SicLoco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
3 of my friends are evacuated and 1for sure has lost his place ! Out late last night moving more livestock and a lot of stressed out people. Just the high tension of being in my position alone is a lot and I havent lost anything yet!! If I were to see someone flick a butt out the window the brick in the head is sure to happen!

Last edited by a moderator:

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
IMG_5141.jpg

SicLoco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well it looks like my place was probably destroyed last night according to the sat data.
Which fire are you near sicLoco?
Closest to the Sicamous fire but there 4 within 75Km and those are all big

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Rained all the way from Quesnel to Moose Lake today. Not sure how far south it went.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
27mm here so far and we aren't in the rainfall warning area like you guys. I think that rainfall area was 40-50mm forecasted. That should knock down most fires.

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we had a good rain but from my yard I can see the smoke rising on Owlhead. Looks to be at about 14k on the road up

getzcold

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Went up and checked out some of the burnt area. It’s kinda strange some the trees are burnt to the top other areas just the forest floor was burned. Maybe a couple feet up the tree trunk in places. I’m not sure if these trees will die as they are still green. I’m no forest fire expert so don’t know if they always look like that or it just depends on the intensity or what.

Top Bottom