The fast start to the summer fire season.

SicLoco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why is it that everyone is still vacationing?? Isnt it faily obvious that hotels etc are needed for evacuees. BC is in an emergency state and its just packed with learner plates! Is there no respect anymore? People of the Okanagan are terrified for their families and belongings yet its overrun by idiots! I realise theres reservations that have been made but for god sakes use your head and STAY HOME

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2 years of emergency, time to shut the place down already

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Choppers flying over the kids house this morning getting water from the lake.

Not much smoke at the kids house today in Coldstream.

Shuswaper

Reaction score
First morning in a long time (maybe over a month) that we have a blue sky!
That doesn't mean the smoke is gone or even diminished, it's just changed directions. Year 5 of the last 6 August has been written off by thick smoke, but this year the fires started in early July, it's no longer an anomaly, it's now the reality. Hotels in Salmon Arm asking tourists to cancel reservations, they need the rooms for evacuees.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
That doesn't mean the smoke is gone or even diminished, it's just changed directions. Year 5 of the last 6 August has been written off by thick smoke, but this year the fires started in early July, it's no longer an anomaly, it's now the reality. Hotels in Salmon Arm asking tourists to cancel reservations, they need the rooms for evacuees.
I realize that! I was just pointing out, that here in Salmon Arm, we have blue skies this morning. I also realize that we started the fire season early this year, hence the name of the thread! Yes, August is usually the busiest month and going into early September. It is going to be interesting to see how the rest of the summer plays out.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Went up to Predator Ridge
IMG_5042.jpg

IMG_5041.jpg

IMG_5040.jpg

IMG_5038.jpg

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why is it that everyone is still vacationing?? Isnt it faily obvious that hotels etc are needed for evacuees. BC is in an emergency state and its just packed with learner plates! Is there no respect anymore? People of the Okanagan are terrified for their families and belongings yet its overrun by idiots! I realise theres reservations that have been made but for god sakes use your head and STAY HOME
Not all BC is on fire, just rained hard in Invermere for 3 days.

SicLoco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not all BC is on fire, just rained hard in Invermere for 3 days.
That sure would be nice! Trying to haul horses from evacuated areas when you cant get on to the highway cuz of all the traffic gets to be a bit much

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That sure would be nice! Trying to haul horses from evacuated areas when you cant get on to the highway cuz of all the traffic gets to be a bit much
That would be tough, maybe some traffic control could be used?

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Evacuation order for Logan Lake (south west of Kamloops) and the fire below Larson Hill on the Coq is raging pretty good and candling was very vivid from the highway. Glad we are home.

Just after arriving at home, a fire started south of the TCH at Pritchard (just east of Kamloops).

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wildfire forces evacuation of entire B.C. community of Logan Lake

The approximately 2,000 residents of the district municipality were told to flee Thursday afternoon, and warned there were no available accommodations in the neighbouring towns of Merritt or Ashcroft.

beerwolf

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My place north of Kamloops has been on evac order for over two weeks and looking at the latest mapping this morning I don't think it's going to make it.
Worst summer ever

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
The one in parkland county is being held. I'm wondering how these fires are all starting, we have had no lightning, and they keep being started. I see one new one out in Canmore is human caused. I was on the Yellowhead and seen the guy in front of me yesterday shoot his butt out the window, I hit my wimpy horn and I got the salute back. These people need to get a brain.

Active Wildfires
Fire out by Canmore:
Fire TypeWildfire
Fire NumberCWF108
Fire Year2021
Fire StatusOut of Control
Area Estimate (Hectares)10.00
Assessment Date8/13/2021, 4:57 PM
General CauseHuman

freeflorider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The one in parkland county is being held. I'm wondering how these fires are all starting, we have had no lightning, and they keep being started. I see one new one out in Canmore is human caused. I was on the Yellowhead and seen the guy in front of me yesterday shoot his butt out the window, I hit my wimpy horn and I got the salute back. These people need to get a brain.

Active Wildfires
Fire out by Canmore:
Fire TypeWildfire
Fire NumberCWF108
Fire Year2021
Fire StatusOut of Control
Area Estimate (Hectares)10.00
Assessment Date8/13/2021, 4:57 PM
General CauseHuman
Get the plate number and turn it in. People just don’t get it sometimes unless you drop a brick on there heads.

Top Bottom