The fast start to the summer fire season.

broke'n'nuts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pritchard on evac order, as is Falkland, along with the northern part of Westside rd. Same fire just spread out that far. Vernon and Armstrong on alert, along with the silver creek area.

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Antifa and dogwood lightening fires in the okanagan and now we have someone in pg lightening fires to. Not sure how many will be able to see this video though.

Luke The Drifter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Currently in revelstoke on holidays with the fam. Smoke is getting thicker it seems. Sure hope the forecast is true with the rain over the weekend. We’re thinking of heading home early.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Currently in revelstoke on holidays with the fam. Smoke is getting thicker it seems. Sure hope the forecast is true with the rain over the weekend. We’re thinking of heading home early.
Maybe 25 drops fell this morning in Salmon Arm. Temp has dropped and it is in the low 20's. Still quite smokey here

ctd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We are doomed @ all levels, without take charge leadership in a serious situation what outcome should be expected. Ever noticed in BC the updates Monday morning when the admin is back to work.

Something like our avalanche reports, Monday morning all is well......admin is back to work.

OK it's Monday morning, lets have a look @ the fire situation......kinda like covid..... Then it is OMG! Fire like co-vid should respect working hours of 9-5 Monday to Friday.

All of this I look @ leadership & who is in charge, it is top down......we are doomed.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Seems to me if they put half the effort into putting these fires out as they put into the Corona BS maybe we wouldnt have to breath smoke all fkn summer. 🤬
I am sure the boots on the ground would like to be just giving it but with the big bosses they don't see it what way. Have to have protocols, meetings, more protocols, and more meetings. Wouldn't surprise me it they had to have a meeting after lunch break. Another meeting at the end of the day to see if they met their objectives.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am sure the boots on the ground would like to be just giving it but with the big bosses they don't see it what way. Have to have protocols, meetings, more protocols, and more meetings. Wouldn't surprise me it they had to have a meeting after lunch break. Another meeting at the end of the day to see if they met their objectives.
Fire fighters don’t have that many meetings. After being in Fort Mac for 2 weeks for the fires. Coordination and planning in the background is huge.

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wearing a mask for protection against a virus is like using a chain link fence to stop mosquitoes.

Last edited:

Chump

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Get ready. I can see the coming climate lockdowns.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In china and other countries with heavy smog they been wearing them cloth masks for years. Not sure why, it doesn't stop anything, Gives that sense of security to them.
Yeah might need a full respirator!

Looks like my complaining worked though, smokes gone today in my Area at least.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The water is black. Beer is cold
IMG_5004.jpg

IMG_5003.jpg

Top Bottom