Thanks parkland road construction....NOT!

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Want to know how fast I was driving, about 20 km/hour....signs say 30 km. I work construction and believe it or not I drive like a granny. Not part of the topic though, someone fugged up.....WAY to much oil on the road for not being blocked off.

Even if I had my flaps and flares on, it would of just been that much more in there. The entire inside of the fender is coated to.

I'm not looking for a handout, it would be nice if they said we fugged up and compensated me a bit, but my biggest thing is to make sure this doesn't happen again to someone else. I mean, I will spend $100 on cleaning supplies and replacing my wrecked towels, not to mention 5 hours of work lost :mad:

But I will say, they better atleast offer an appology and say someone screwed up and it won't happen again. Because if they act like asshats i'm going to have to make their road work much much harder in that area :d I'm allowed to move my skidsteer over their fresh ashalt :d

If this happened after me spending 30 hours waxing......I would of blew up. I don't take the paint job jokes very funny, my paint is looked after better then most sports cars on the road.....it is flawless (or atleast will be once again after a LOT of work).

O and I was back there with my dad at 9pm last night......he has a bit on his truck to from driving on it THAT late. And I noticed, the entire road close is BLACK it tracked EVERYWHERE.

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yup, I've been watching them lay the oil in that area and along 16A from Stony Plaint out to the main highway 16. They are re-surfacing all of the damage pavement and they are laying way toooo much oil.

I agree there signs are not posted within the provincial regulations nor are they following the proper protocols which is an issue. I know they do it to slow the traffic down and keep them at a lower speed for a longer period of time but this also creates frustration with the motoring public.

Anyone gets a ticket for speeding in these areas ends up with a double fine penalty for speeding in a construction zone. Get a camera and take pictures of the sign locations and the length of the construction zone opposed to where the work is being done then compare that to the provincial regulations and take it to court, you'll get the ticket dropped.

buck50

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yup, I've been watching them lay the oil in that area and along 16A from Stony Plaint out to the main highway 16. They are re-surfacing all of the damage pavement and they are laying way toooo much oil.

I agree there signs are not posted within the provincial regulations nor are they following the proper protocols which is an issue. I know they do it to slow the traffic down and keep them at a lower speed for a longer period of time but this also creates frustration with the motoring public.

Anyone gets a ticket for speeding in these areas ends up with a double fine penalty for speeding in a construction zone. Get a camera and take pictures of the sign locations and the length of the construction zone opposed to where the work is being done then compare that to the provincial regulations and take it to court, you'll get the ticket dropped.
i thought the fines only doubled when workers were present?????

couchrider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was once told that Coke or Sprite was a cheap solution for removing road tar/oil. Never actually tried it myself but heard it works. Thought I would throw it out there if someone wants to try it. Might be a cheap solution during this wounderfull construction season.

Last edited:

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was once told that Coke or Sprite was a cheap solution for removing road tar/oil. Never actually tried it myself but herd it works. Thought I would throw it out there if someone wants to try it. Might be a cheap solution during this wounderfull construction season.

imagine what its doing to your stomach!:eek:

sweld

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thats why you have to dilute it with alcohol, it counters the side effects:beer:

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not worth it to try IMO. Only like $10 for a bottle of tar remover that works really well. Not going to risk it on my paint anyways.

But I do got 90% of it off. Just got a ton of little areas to get into. I noticed it even on the inside of my door jambs :mad: Fawking ch!t is everywhere.

So glad they repaved the area it's a tiny bit smoother then the pot holes were.....useless :rant:

geelak900

Reaction score
Cyle,
Same thing, same place, same day on my white Duramax. Was choked too. I used WD-40 and the car wash and got it all off with some patience. WD-40 worked well to soften and dissolve it.
Good luck.

xtremegriz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Diesel also works well to take it off. Softens it up fast. Just soak a rag and start rubbing! I had a white mustang back in the day and covered the car up to the windows!:eek: Took about half an hour to clean with diesel. Good Luck

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Diesel also works well to take it off. Softens it up fast. Just soak a rag and start rubbing! I had a white mustang back in the day and covered the car up to the windows!:eek: Took about half an hour to clean with diesel. Good Luck

yep. this is what they spray on grader blades to clean them after spreading asphalt. melts right off

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Fawkers are at it again the same spot. 7 am this morning they had a huge strip of the road oiled BOTH sides, completely blocked off not a single sign warning anywhere that the road is blocked off! No room to turn around either with a trailer, had to back up probably 500ft or they said wait about 30 mins :realmad: Some of us have to get to work, who the hell can wait for 30 mins and still risk getting oil all over the vehicle? Atleast have up fawking signs so I can turn around beforehand!

And then this afternoon, they didn't even pave it the entire road is loose chips on top of the old asphalt..... Parkland road construction has to be the dumbest people ever.

Fawkers. I shouldn't of washed off my truck and just told my insurance company I wanted it repainted paid my deductable and let them fight it out. Going to be phoning my insurance on monday because I am sick of these idiots. Thinking i'm still going to consider taking it to a shop to clean the rest off and get my paint worked on, because the oil has hurt it pretty badly still and i'm sick of cleaning it off. Didn't even bother to respond to my multiple emails either.....fawkers.

:rant: :rant:

Last edited:

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
it's the crack and pothole repair time on the county roads. PITA

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
it's the crack and pothole repair time on the county roads. PITA

I really don't care about that, they just gotta do it atleast PARTLY right. Not like this is my first summer driving on any of these roads. I know parkland county is a joke just didn't think they were this stupid.....

Top Bottom