Thanks parkland road construction....NOT!

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well.....today was a bad day to put it lightly. A picture says a thousand words. I was absolutely irrate when this happened at lunch today, I had to take the afternoon off work to wash it off, spent 5 hours, wrecked 10 of my expensive detailing cloths, 2 bottles of tar remover and i've still got a lot to go. 90% off the paint is off, but still all over the inside of the fenders, running board, mirrors, door handles, all over my brand new suspension, etc, got atleast a good full day to clean it up. Not to mention, look how much is on the tires, as soon as it's really warm it's going to be coming off.

All thanks to parkland country road construction. No flag people to warn, just signs that have been up for days on end and no one working. No one working at the time, nothing. Someone there is going to hear it tomorrow, I figured I should cool off a bit before doing so, but I am NOT pleased. I mean i've had some specs on my truck before whatever, but I probably had a fricken gallon of this ch!t on my truck.......No fing excuse for this BS. I was VERY tempted to leave it and pay a body shop to remove and send them a bill but I just couldn't leave it on my baby :rant: :rant:

And want to know how long I drove in the wet oil? MAYBE 20 feet, there was 2 tiny stretches you could barely tell were done.....Had no idea until it was to late.

Attachments

• IMG_0353.jpg
    IMG_0353.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_0350.jpg
    IMG_0350.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_0351.jpg
    IMG_0351.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_0349.jpg
    IMG_0349.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_0345.jpg
    IMG_0345.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 44

BIGFOOT

Reaction score
That Sucks:(... Came thru there this early evening ! Will check in the morning if I have to scrub also...:eek:

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Between highway 60 and 44 on the secondary road north of 16? That's were it happened to me, was on there at about 8am to go to work, no problems back on around 1pm when it happened :mad:

The thing is, I wasn't to worried about it, I figured if it's really wet the road will be closed, and the signs have been up since last week and no one has ever been there. And a few spots wouldn't kill me it happens......but this wow....The bottom of my rockers I couldn't tell the truck was silver.....

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
mud flaps couldn't hurt....you were prolly talking on the phone and missed the flag people. :d

Pinner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Brake clean, lacquer thinner or reducer from a body shop will work.

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They will be oiling all over the province as they do every year, good thing they werent painting the lines at least that stuff washes of better.

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if you tried to send them the bill they would tell you to go f your hat. as you said the signs were there. regardless of if anybody was there to flag people etc. where was it at exactly on the highway? not a county issue anyways if so. graveled back road then its a county deal. but without flaps your qaurter panels will look like chit anyways soon with those tires and no flaps. just sayin. but like everybody is sayiongt use solvent or acetone will takwe it right off. i have used gas before as well. worked ok. hard on the finish though regrdless of what you use

buck50

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if you tried to send them the bill they would tell you to go f your hat. as you said the signs were there. regardless of if anybody was there to flag people etc. where was it at exactly on the highway? not a county issue anyways if so. graveled back road then its a county deal. but without flaps your qaurter panels will look like chit anyways soon with those tires and no flaps. just sayin. but like everybody is sayiongt use solvent or acetone will takwe it right off. i have used gas before as well. worked ok. hard on the finish though regrdless of what you use
i thought by law you had to have mud flaps that stick out as far as your tires do?????????? just asking.......

still sux azz though man!!! have fun scrubbing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :nono:

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i thought by law you had to have mud flaps that stick out as far as your tires do?????????? just asking.......

still sux azz though man!!! have fun scrubbing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :nono:

yah you do but usually they don't enforce it to hard........unless your driving a tractor trailer then they can get really sticky.

buck50

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yah you do but usually they don't enforce it to hard........unless your driving a tractor trailer then they can get really sticky.
or go to BC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Hefe04

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya a smarty took out my windshield the other day on the highway and no mud flaps, If I wasn't pulling the fifth wheel and he was murging off I would have liked to have a chat with him too.

Riverjet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yup Mud flaps woulda worked well, so would slowing way down like the signs said, LOL.

Top Bottom