Talk about a FLOP

Rbrduk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You would think Polaris,Yamaha and cat would have had some secret investigators figuring out what skidoo was up too so they at least had a chance of releasing something even closely comparable. Those release events must have had a "well this is awkward" feeling going around the room.

It's ok guys 2018 is your big year!!! Your gona get a mountain sled I hear

Well it looks like the competition did have secret investigators. An their pretend "well this is awkward" feeling were for BRP future alleged belt and bulkhead problems.....
J/K

kanedog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kanedog 2015-2019, thanks for the good times S&M!
Flop? What flop? I don't see no flop. Do you see a flop?
Whatever happened to the Brp mass social media, media ad blitz bragging about the 850? It's like BOOM! All the ads just disappeared.
Even the paid cheerleaders aren't cheering. Kinda quiet and weird at the same time.

Last edited:

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Flop? What flop? I don't see no flop. Do you see a flop?
Whatever happened to the Brp mass social media, media ad blitz bragging about the 850? It's like BOOM! All the ads just disappeared.
Even the paid cheerleaders aren't cheering. Kinda quiet and weird at the same time.

It is weird, but I guess they don't want to sell any more until they have it figured out. You will likely start seeing ads come back for the 174 T3 now.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think its ironic that it was maxwell who started this thread about the competition !!!
s

why? its unfortunate that some are having issues that really does suck. but there are thousands of us logging thousands of miles with no issues. this is not an 850 wide "plague" as someone put it. im not denying some machines are having problems some of them are my riding buddies having the issues. but for the majority of people not having issues this machine is a destroyer and nothing stock will touch it from any other manufacturer so no lenny there is still no competition from the other brands. hopefully they can release something that comes even remotely close to being as good of a mountain sled as the 850 next year with ZERO issues and then i will eat some crow. until then nope. polaris or cat have not created a 100% new snowmobile in a decade so when they come out with something 100% new and innovative like BRP did this year and they have zero issues we can come back to this thread and make fun of me. ill take it

Rbrduk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So here's a legitimate question.
If you were to race said 850, what class would you be in? I can't see it in the 800 stock class, being it has an extra 50cc's. So you would be in the next available class? And if this is the case, how can you compare an 850 to an 800?

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you were to race said 850, what class would you be in? I can't see it in the 800 stock class, being it has an extra 50cc's. So you would be in the next available class? And if this is the case, how can you compare an 850 to an 800?

stock 1000 by the RMSHA

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
s

why? its unfortunate that some are having issues that really does suck. but there are thousands of us logging thousands of miles with no issues. this is not an 850 wide "plague" as someone put it. im not denying some machines are having problems some of them are my riding buddies having the issues. but for the majority of people not having issues this machine is a destroyer and nothing stock will touch it from any other manufacturer so no lenny there is still no competition from the other brands. hopefully they can release something that comes even remotely close to being as good of a mountain sled as the 850 next year with ZERO issues and then i will eat some crow. until then nope. polaris or cat have not created a 100% new snowmobile in a decade so when they come out with something 100% new and innovative like BRP did this year and they have zero issues we can come back to this thread and make fun of me. ill take it

It it took BRP about decade to come out with something new after the XP so what are you really trying to prove?

And as far as coming out with new the Axys was completely new for 2016. New motor, new chassis design. It's not like it shares any major parts from the Pro ride. So Polaris beat BRP with a new mountain sled by a year which gave BRP time to catch up and release something you consider better. Someone is always going to be playing catch up unless they all release a brand new sled at the same time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
s

LOL, i agree it sucks for some. I also remember vividly the guys who argued vehemently that the new RT 1000 was the bomb, listened to the vocal majority telling us the 12 Proclimb just needed set up right, listened to the 08 XP guys ranting that you just had to know what you're doing , the 12 Pro guys defending the glue and driveshaft crap, the dragon guys saying the motor MAY be suspect , the 07 XRS Rev motors that performed awesome after constant motor rebuilds, etc etc. Seems kinda deja vu to me. Glad yours is working well.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
s

G4 a flop?
Not a total flop.
Not a lot of time on mine yet but the handling and power are wicked for a stock sled. No denying that. Period!
Clutching definatly has issues be it from bad calibration or the two manufacturer scenario but for more than "a few" there are real issues.
Module is a module is a module.
They are failing way to easy - mine folded like a brittle beer can, both sides at once. BP is covering mine - there is an issue for that can of worm to be opened. Period.

Saddest part is that after all the hype and then the issues - sport leaders (that my be stretching it) such as yourself still try to throw the doolaid around.
There are a lot less people sucking up the flag waving.

Hopefully BRP helps out the many needing help, I expect nothing quickly.
If not many people will tell many others to steer clear of BRP and the game changer.

I know I know so many will miss out on mans greatest creation. bla bla bla

Performance and handling are there and so are some serious growing pains to sort out like every other doo release.
I have no ridden my sled enough to say if it stays or goes yet.
But I sure as hell don't have much faith in it.

Flop???? Still flip flop flip flop.

Oh by the way that crow went through so fast I don't think you could feel it.
LMAO

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

yah currently no class for this machine. which begs to question the future of the freeride. it will be ran in 1000 class. as for me i may not race the 850 this year. lets face it in stock form its an aweful race sled haha.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It it took BRP about decade to come out with something new after the XP so what are you really trying to prove?

And as far as coming out with new the Axys was completely new for 2016. New motor, new chassis design. It's not like it shares any major parts from the Pro ride. So Polaris beat BRP with a new mountain sled by a year which gave BRP time to catch up and release something you consider better. Someone is always going to be playing catch up unless they all release a brand new sled at the same time.

an axys is a proride. sorry. changing a couple mounting positions is not "completely new" its a bandaid fix just like brp has supposedly been doing

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
G4 a flop?
Not a total flop.
Not a lot of time on mine yet but the handling and power are wicked for a stock sled. No denying that. Period!
Clutching definatly has issues be it from bad calibration or the two manufacturer scenario but for more than "a few" there are real issues.
Module is a module is a module.
They are failing way to easy - mine folded like a brittle beer can, both sides at once. BP is covering mine - there is an issue for that can of worm to be opened. Period.

Saddest part is that after all the hype and then the issues - sport leaders (that my be stretching it) such as yourself still try to throw the doolaid around.
There are a lot less people sucking up the flag waving.

Hopefully BRP helps out the many needing help, I expect nothing quickly.
If not many people will tell many others to steer clear of BRP and the game changer.

I know I know so many will miss out on mans greatest creation. bla bla bla

Performance and handling are there and so are some serious growing pains to sort out like every other doo release.
I have no ridden my sled enough to say if it stays or goes yet.
But I sure as hell don't have much faith in it.

Flop???? Still flip flop flip flop.

Oh by the way that crow went through so fast I don't think you could feel it.
LMAO

hey we push the manufacturers to shed weight. now we are complaining about weakness. dont know what to tell you. this isn't skidoo specific. you want a lighter sled be more careful i guess. the G4 is capable of taking some serious hits but obviously if all the stars align with the right impact it can come apart. all manufacturers are having strength issues now that we are dealing with materials like carbon fibre and cast. what was wrong with the XM front bulkhead? nothing but we wanted lighter and we got it. skidoo will come up with a solution but it will be heavier. then you will all want reimbursement for false advertising. no one in the Motorsports industry pushes the manufacturers to improve as much as snowmobilers but at some point we have to ask our selves how far do we want to go in this weight cutting game. these are not road bikes that never leave pavement. we do more damage to these things loading them onto a trailer let alone the rocks we hit, tumbles we take and trees we launch these things into at blistering speeds

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
an axys is a proride. sorry. changing a couple mounting positions is not "completely new" its a bandaid fix just like brp has supposedly been doing

Lol if you say so.

Didn't they carry over the same rear suspension set up from the XM which is really just carried over from the XP to the G4? The same RAS front suspension except for the bulk head. The RAS only differs in the spindle from the XP so BRP released a new sled on a 10 year old suspension set up. Brilliant.

So with this, is the G4 completely new? Ah nope. But you will have some ridiculously acute reason why it's all still new yet it's just a bunch of BS you try and convince yourself is true.

Slow clap

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey we push the manufacturers to shed weight. now we are complaining about weakness. dont know what to tell you. this isn't skidoo specific. you want a lighter sled be more careful i guess. the G4 is capable of taking some serious hits but obviously if all the stars align with the right impact it can come apart. all manufacturers are having strength issues now that we are dealing with materials like carbon fibre and cast. what was wrong with the XM front bulkhead? nothing but we wanted lighter and we got it. skidoo will come up with a solution but it will be heavier. then you will all want reimbursement for false advertising. no one in the Motorsports industry pushes the manufacturers to improve as much as snowmobilers but at some point we have to ask our selves how far do we want to go in this weight cutting game. these are not road bikes that never leave pavement. we do more damage to these things loading them onto a trailer let alone the rocks we hit, tumbles we take and trees we launch these things into at blistering speeds

Exactly - BRP could neither design the lightest sled nor one that could hold up to regular rigors of riding. Falls under not a consumers F'n problem except for the hell he goes through.
My cousin and I ride with a group of four from Hinton, three sleds are down with broken modules.
Jason is coming with us and I will find out if there were a belt burners in there also and what dealer help they are getting.
Now I'm not sure what constitutes a design flaw in your head but the issues are real and REAL common.

Sorry bud but more and more your posts lack any sound credibility.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Exactly - BRP could neither design the lightest sled nor one that could hold up to regular rigors of riding. Falls under not a consumers F'n problem except for the hell he goes through.
My cousin and I ride with a group of four from Hinton, three sleds are down with broken modules.
Jason is coming with us and I will find out if there were a belt burners in there also and what dealer help they are getting.
Now I'm not sure what constitutes a design flaw in your head but the issues are real and REAL common.

Sorry bud but more and more your posts lack any sound credibility.

far from real common. i dont know anyone with a damaged bulkhead. you would think at least one of them would have failed in the hundreds of g4s ive dealt with. how about my friends rental company that sends 10 sleds out on the daily to be ridden like a rental. regular rigors of riding does not include smashing rocks sorry

Top Bottom