Talk about a FLOP

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've spent some time riding with a buddy who has a t3 and the complaints are never ending about it. Sure is nice to hear reviews from unbiased doolaide drinkers. Ski's bury themselves in the snow every time you have to roll it, it's hard on belts and oil if you ride it hard, doesn't side hill easily if you have to follow someone else's track or ride in spring like snow, y pipe nuts back themselves off,Intake vents constantly ripping or plugging, brake levers seem to snap off very easily, shocks are complete junk even on x models, and on and on and on.
He loves the sled when it's fresh and deep that's it that's all.
These aren't my points of view just a good buddy who rides the **** out of his sleds opinion( he has owned 2 a 15 and 16 t3)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds just like general disregard for the snowmobile. You don't think he would be having those issues on any other sled lol?

Brake levers and screens don't just break. That means your in a tree which means he's doing it wrong and would have broken parts on any sled. Shocks could be better yup. Don't know what your trying to say about rolling it over. What magic skis are Polaris and cat using so they don't go into the snow? I don't get it

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The mountain cat version of the pro climb will work over the new doo just wait and see

Nope, rode the 16 Cat the other day and it was a real disappointment, I doubt the 17 will be soo much better. I was actually hoping it would be better. The current Doo's even work better, so the 17 Doo should kill it.

ThrottleOps

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You rode the 17 or the 16?
It's hard to really rate mountain sleds. Everyone has different expectations. Some climb, some ride open slopes and meadows, some think they tree ride, some actually tree ride. I'm hoping to get a demo ride on a new doo but it's not looking good as I'm not a preferred customer

Last edited:

pistoncontracting

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Although the T3 is a huge improvement over the XP, it does still fight you while it's on edge in anything less then 4' of powder.

Has anyone ever thought to try a 15" wide track on one, and pin the tmotion? I'm curious what it would feel like. It would be a sure way to see where the 'magic' actually happens.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
you rode the 17 or the 16?
It's hard to really rate mountain sleds. Everyone has different expectations. Some climb, some ride open slopes and meadows, some think they tree ride, some actually tree ride. I'm hoping to get a demo ride on a new doo but it's not looking good as i'm not a preferred customer

sent from my iphone using tapatalk

says he rode the 2016

Cyrus747

Reaction score
after reading all these complaints I guess all the manufacturers are junk! Maybe Kawasaki, Sno Jet or John Deere will get back into the game. I roe a new Polaris Axys and skidoo T3 on the weekend. I came way with on review...they were way better than what I got!

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Although the T3 is a huge improvement over the XP, it does still fight you while it's on edge in anything less then 4' of powder.

Has anyone ever thought to try a 15" wide track on one, and pin the tmotion? I'm curious what it would feel like. It would be a sure way to see where the 'magic' actually happens.
man, I really can't get my head around what people want/expect sleds to do nowadays. I could sidehill my old xp on a slanted piece of plywood if I HAD to, even before I put the S-36 kit on. whatever happened to just having some skill...should be mandatory to learn on a 70's John Deere/Ski Roule/Moto Ski/Evinrude/Merc. there would be a lot less bitching about what the new sleds "CAN'T" do

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All of todays sleds are awesome, and each rider can pick what she or he wants off the show room floors.

Most folks change this and that to make the unit fit them better at what they want it to do, lighter pipe & muffler, taller handle bars, different track and shocks if they choose, or leave thing stock if that works.

Lefty throttle, change clutch weights, lower or tall wind screen, gas-can & tunnel bag, heated grips, GPS mount, and reinforcement brackets if they plan on cross-country or snow cross. Maybe one wants to add these kits to their own sleds since the beef-up things in the event of a crash... "Doo-Noo."

Like many have mentioned on this thread. There is no number one sled in todays market since there are so many variables for rider, terrain, cost, and the dealer who will service your needs if things go south.

Find a sled in the line-up that runs, and giver sheet to where you want go. 10 feet higher up the hill, tighter in the trees, longer 100 foot drops, what ever blows your hair back is all that really matters.

I my self buy sleds at price and long range service by dealer if the majors need attention. could carry less what colour it is so long as it gets me to where I want to ride with my many a brothers and sisters here in North America.

Pal Lem

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All of todays sleds are awesome, and each rider can pick what she or he wants off the show room floors.

Most folks change this and that to make the unit fit them better at what they want it to do, lighter pipe & muffler, taller handle bars, different track and shocks if they choose, or leave thing stock if that works.

I my self buy sleds at price and long range service by dealer if the majors need attention. could carry less what colour it is so long as it gets me to where I want to ride with my many a brothers and sisters here in North America.

Pal Lem

Did you not notice, this is SkidooandMud.

If you aren't riding a Doo you are not really considered much of a rider as all the top jockeys on here ride Doos or so I have read.

If you do ride a Doo you spend countless hours telling everyone how great it is and how nothing else matters.

Lol

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

If you aren't riding a Doo you are not really considered much of a rider as all the top jockeys on here ride Doos or so I have read.

If you do ride a Doo you spend countless hours telling everyone how great it is and how nothing else matters.

Lol

I'm a pro since I owned a Elan 250 and worked my way up to a Snow Jet with 20 hp. I know what it takes to reach the top ! Ha.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Lol

Its more like the "Toopy doll forum" Danny.
Where superstars are born.....in their own minds.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We can always mention a big ugly Yammy stuck 2' from the trail. That will spice up the thread!

Haha

Roy Maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya know... when I first joined this forum, and I started reading around, I figured out that Maxwell was probably a pretty good rider and maybe someone that a guy could aspire to be like. After a couple years of being here now...... NO FREAKIN THANX!!!!

I don't know if I have EVER seen someone so high on themselves. Sure, he's probably pretty awesome. The best? I highly doubt it. In his mind? Absolutely! No one better. And ANYTHING other than a Ski-doo is a complete piece of chit. Why even bother getting out and enjoying the outdoors if you're not riding Ski-doo.

Perhaps it's time for someone to eat some humble pie. Maybe there's a reason he doesn't have a girlfriend/wife. They probably can't stand to spend more than 15 minutes with him. I know that I can't even stand reading his posts anymore.

And to Maxwell..... I know that your highness could care less what I wrote. I, now, could care less what you write anymore also.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk.

You think Maxwell is a dick. Many Numbers is worse. Always' correcting other's spelling and grammar and then there is T Team. Don't even get me started on that guy.

X-Treme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.robinsautomotive.ca
You think Maxwell is a dick. Many Numbers is worse. Always' correcting other's spelling and grammar and then there is T Team. Don't even get me started on that guy.
I have the same feeling on grammar as Mike, so I have no problems with him whatsoever. Did NO ONE go to school? Kinda find him humorous as a matter of fact.

I don't think Maxwell IS a dick. Just think he really acts like it on here. I am SO sick of hearing how Ski-doo is king chit of the universe, and his blood is about as thick with the Doolade as it gets. It's really quite sickening.

I'm starting to wonder how much longer we have before the Mods start deleting threads that aren't about Ski-doo or Martin Motorsports.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk.

BLUE PLATE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by lilduke
Yeah 17,500$ for a stock sled with ****ty shocks,,, no thanks. And I don't need help with my side hills, I got that down pat.

Im not buying the hype, limited addition gotta buy tomorrow or they'll be sold out.... Fawk off....

Best sled ever, nothing else compares.... Fawk off....

Thing is ugly as hell ta boot.... Freeride is the sickest sled Ive ever owned. Its like that ex-girl friend that you wish you could get back...lol

The ride reports Ive got from people I respect is that motor goes into limp mode pretty fawkin easy....

The 850 is not even close to the girl of my dreams. More like a high maintenance 6.

Top Bottom