Talk about a FLOP

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Time will tell, the doo faithful are standing loud and proud over a new sled that hasn't even hit the snow for consumers yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Carl has been sneaking the rev4 850 for 2 plus years now testing it

Pretty sure it's good to go

But I'm not a first year test kind of guy, and will wait for one year

ThrottleOps

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I put my name in to demo one as I am ordering a 17 of some sort progress and improvements are good no matter what brand steps it up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

The 850 is also available in ditch banger and crossovers would not doubt it is extensively miled out in those chassis types as well

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
The mountain cat version of the pro climb will work over the new doo just wait and see

Time will tell, the doo faithful are standing loud and proud over a new sled that hasn't even hit the snow for consumers yet

Talk about having the blinders on............ the last 6 new Doo's have all been only gas and oil (and a few bumpers and plastics from the trees). Can you say that about your Cats? I heard of a guy putting in 4 motors in one sled (not a Cat nor a Doo) in a couple of years.......Dealers must really like you guys that keep coming back for more and more.

I do like your stickwithitness but why can't we like our brand and not get raked over it????

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score

I think BRP learned a lot from the 2008 XP release and the minor glitch they had in 2011 with the eTec. It still may be a shot in the dark ordering a new release but I wouldn't be scared...............:confused:

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think BRP learned a lot from the 2008 XP release and the minor glitch they had in 2011 with the eTec. It still may be a shot in the dark ordering a new release but I wouldn't be scared...............:confused:
That makes sense the original xp had its issues while not an owner I am aware of them because of two friends that have them. I think most of us can fill in the blank as to the brand with motor issues that you speak of have they stepped up to the plate ?and taken the same stance as Brp did and learn from the 08 xp experience time will tell. For anyone disappointed that cat would not release a new 800 or bigger maybe the company has standards that were not yet achieved so by next year they may release some thing special. I am not sure about Cat but I think they were close one time but all of the big four have held market share at one time. Sometimes through complacency that leadership is lost or maybe even not even a priority due to the company's other interests.

Last edited:

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I worked as a mechanic for a couple of different dealers and experienced a few new releases (2002 summit piston recall, carb issued, Polaris 900 fiasco, XLT, Yamaha smart carb issues, never worked on cats) so I give new releases a year no matter the brand, I keep my sleds too long

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
........................... I keep my sleds too long

In some ways, it depends on the use and miles. I have tended to sell mine in the neighbourhood of 5000 km (+ or -) and they would still have 1 year warranty remaining. Our Doos have been dependable and as I posted elsewhere just add gas and oil.

Keith Brown

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Evidently not one Doo rider. A while back on this thread there was a post that said that the current XM running boards were "no problem" What a crock of BS. I have went through a bottle of Advil treating sore legs from constantly stomping snow through running boards on a T3 174. Another significant problem the current Doo has is in very deep powder the air intakes plug constantly, also when you side hill on the exhaust side in very deep snow the exhaust recirculates in to the engine compartment and when the barometric relief finally does open to keep the engine alive it chokes on its own exhaust. If you don't know this your probably just another know it all Doo key board jockey, don't care how many days you go to the cabin. Don't get me wrong I love my Doo, but BS threads like this make me want to change brands just so I am not associated with this holy Doo sh!t!!! PS This is my second year riding.
Does anyone in here actually ride in deep snow or?

Last edited:

Buster

Reaction score
X2 on the doo crap, never owned one been riding since the early 90s for the same reasons.

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Doo boards are crap .
(Switch to air frames)
Heat exchanger that causes huge ice build up along tunnel and fills suspension with snow due to water running through the windows in track.
Weights a ton and chews the edges of the track up .

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You guys obviously ride warmer snow. Where in at its typically a very dry powder and the boards never plug up and I've never had that exhaust issue or air vent issue. I could see all of that being an issue if the snow you ride is a bit on the heavier side for sure.

Air frames are great we installed them on every XP chassis sled but not required I the XM there is no advantage. Well again maybe if you ride Crap snow then sorry about your luck I guess

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've never had board issues with my xm, actually we talked about the snow build up in the two pros with our group compared to the xm yesterday, which snow turned heavy and wet

Biggest thing is the doo powder coated tunnel, the snow doesn't stick, like a natural aluminum tunnel ( like polaris or kitty has)

That's the biggest thing I see

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You guys obviously ride warmer snow. Where in at its typically a very dry powder and the boards never plug up and I've never had that exhaust issue or air vent issue. I could see all of that being an issue if the snow you ride is a bit on the heavier side for sure.

Air frames are great we installed them on every XP chassis sled but not required I the XM there is no advantage. Well again maybe if you ride Crap snow then sorry about your luck I guess

I agree. Had airframes on my xp and have never felt the need to have them on my xms. Even in wetter snow.

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
heard 2017 is a "game changer"... can't remember where I heard that. Oh ya from Crazy Larry... I think he is their spokes model

GAME CHANGER Trish!!

Finally.....I will be able to venture into technical mountain terrain on a skidoo!

Top Bottom