SXS in bed of truck?

Fallen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I just sent the guy with the rhino bed rack a pirvate message. that would be perfect for my dodge! hopefully he still has it!

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
here's what you need. We sell the deck and extensions mainly to the sled guys, but they are multi-functional.

Attachments

• Rhino 1.jpg
    Rhino 1.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 303
  • Rhino 2.jpg
    Rhino 2.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 299

summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How does the truck handle with the Rhino on the deck? Top heavy or not much difference than a couple of sleds?

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You'd feel 2 quads more than the sxs. With the sxs, the sides are still pushed in, and the weight is more centered. It looks like the center of gravity is really high, but really no more than a quad. It's basically just the roll cage that sits up high and makes it look like it is top heavy.

green-horn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How high is that? Is it me...or are those windshields not meant to travel in 120kms wind?

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How high is that? Is it me...or are those windshields not meant to travel in 120kms wind?

There would be absolutley no difference in wind deflection being on a deck or on an open trailer. I personally wouldn't back it on to either a deck or trailer, just because the windshield (especially the half windshields) are mounted from the outside, and I don't think they would survive for long going down the road backwards.

Fallen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
here's what you need. We sell the deck and extensions mainly to the sled guys, but they are multi-functional.

Looks good but I have a half ton pretty sure I'm pushing it with just the side by side in the box. How much does the deck weigh?

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The deck with the extension would be close to 375lbs. I don't think I would put it in a 1/2 ton.

Hendy81

Reaction score
There is also a new product out, I believe it's called the Tailgate Buddy or something like that. Saw it in UTV magazine...two solid metal bars that attach where your tailgate cables are to take the stress off. Looked like they would work fairly well.

racerfromhell

Reaction score
If you buy a 97 ford extra cab the cables are plenty strong enough. I haul my 08 RZR all over the place with no problems

scoobienorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you buy a 97 ford extra cab the cables are plenty strong enough. I haul my 08 RZR all over the place with no problems

its not the cables that gave out on my 'yota, it was the TAILGATE! and they all have the potential to give out, especially on rougher roads.tailgates are expensive btw

SavageCanuck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The first pic of the top corner delaming is exactly what happened on my 08 Silverado.Warranty fixed it but I no longer put my rhino in the box,too heavy

Top Bottom