Sundre area ride.

hadster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We had a very nice ride west of Sundre today, great weather, very nice trails, wonderful senic views and of course top notch guy's to ride with. Here's a few pics from the day, too bad i only got a few pic's.
Also things got a small bit interesting when my poor Po-Po got hungry and ate the belt out of itself, Thanks for the 10 or 20 km tow Medler.

Attachments

• Sundre 2.JPG
    Sundre 2.JPG
    96.4 KB · Views: 240
  • Sundre 3.JPG
    Sundre 3.JPG
    131.9 KB · Views: 236
  • Sundre 4.JPG
    Sundre 4.JPG
    113.6 KB · Views: 240
  • Sundre 5.JPG
    Sundre 5.JPG
    110.9 KB · Views: 238
  • Sundre 6.JPG
    Sundre 6.JPG
    113.1 KB · Views: 240
  • Sundre 7.JPG
    Sundre 7.JPG
    118.5 KB · Views: 239
  • Sundre 9.JPG
    Sundre 9.JPG
    116.2 KB · Views: 237

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
Hey nice pics ,,no problem with the tow(Man that thing is heavy)We should of got one with the grizz pulling ya along.it was a nice ride as well,, beautiful weather to.

Rider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes it Was perfect weather Great times even though Hadster blew the belt in the popo. And Damn good thing he has a windshield on that popo.

Well will have to line up another ride when Hadster gets his quad fixed.
And get Major out cause he missed a good day of playing:beer::beer:

Bullseye

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
:)Looks like a ton of fun, guys!!! Was there still lots of snow ??? Where about did you guys ride ?? Let me know when you guys are heading west again and I will try to make it.
MAYBE you need a good, RELIABLE HONDA to help with the quads that break down !!!! LOL LOL (just kidding)

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
:)Looks like a ton of fun, guys!!! Was there still lots of snow ??? Where about did you guys ride ?? Let me know when you guys are heading west again and I will try to make it.
MAYBE you need a good, RELIABLE HONDA to help with the quads that break down !!!! LOL LOL (just kidding)

There was a fair bit in the trees and shaded areas but where the sun hits there was n't much,,we had no trouble getting around. we will keep you posted on the next ride

Rider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The trails we rode on mostly was the one Sundre Fire Dept. uses for the poker rally they have.:beer:

hadster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just got it back today, they said it was the worst belt blow up that they had ever seen. They had to completly disassemble both the drive and driven clutch assemblies to be able to get all the ripped shreds of belt out, it also had worn out some parts in the clutch and EBS system. They said i was very lucky it could have easily wrecked the clutch, needless to say with all they had to do to properly fix it all, i was also lucky to only pay about $500 bucks.
Next time i think i'll make sure it's in LOW RANGE before that type of riding.:cool:

Rider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a really good price for what all they had to do. Glad you got your bike back so we can go again. Did they say if they had many of them with belt issues????:beer:

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
Back in bussiness hadster??I don't want to pull that brute again..Made my grizz very thirsty...!!HAHA

hadster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
With all the new XP machine they have sold mine is only the 2nd one come in with a blown belt, mine was the worst of any brand they had ever seen, it seems to only be an issue if u use high range when u should not. I geuss in these machines high range is just for decoration, becuase u can rarerly use it with belt damage.
Here is a pic of the belt .....or what's left of it, some of it is so soft it feels like kleenex or a handfull of asswipe.

Attachments

• BELT DESTRUCTION 001 (2).jpg
    BELT DESTRUCTION 001 (2).jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 207

hadster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Back in bussiness hadster??I don't want to pull that brute again..Made my grizz very thirsty...!!HAHA

I would not really want it to be pulled again as well, that is a large reason i have bought a new machine every year for the last 4 years now. So maybe i could be the one to tow others out of the bush, the whole thing was VERY disapointing to say the least. I hope all of Polaris's old problems have been fixed and this is just a small bump in an otherwise great ride.

Yes Mike your Grizz was not alone in being thirsty.......:beer::beer: Thanks agian you and the trusty Grizz saved me & my poor Po-Po's ass.

Bullseye

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not to rub salt in the wound but MAYBE you need to buy a ...... HONDA. A good reliable quad , good on gas, hardly if ever breaks down, no belts to worry about, the list goes on and on. (Just kidding) LOL LOL.
There is good and bad in ever brand of quad, and now that I bugged you my good, old girl (my Honda) will probably crater !! :eek:
It sure sounds like you got off lucky with only a $500 touch. Did you take it to a shop or a local guy ???

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
I would not really want it to be pulled again as well, that is a large reason i have bought a new machine every year for the last 4 years now. So maybe i could be the one to tow others out of the bush, the whole thing was VERY disapointing to say the least. I hope all of Polaris's old problems have been fixed and this is just a small bump in an otherwise great ride.

Yes Mike your Grizz was not alone in being thirsty.......:beer::beer: Thanks agian you and the trusty Grizz saved me & my poor Po-Po's ass.

I am sure i will need you sometime ,,,we just don't know when..LOL:beer:

hadster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not to rub salt in the wound but MAYBE you need to buy a ...... HONDA. A good reliable quad , good on gas, hardly if ever breaks down, no belts to worry about, the list goes on and on. (Just kidding) LOL LOL.
There is good and bad in ever brand of quad, and now that I bugged you my good, old girl (my Honda) will probably crater !! :eek:
It sure sounds like you got off lucky with only a $500 touch. Did you take it to a shop or a local guy ???

Just took it back to Rainy Creek Powersports in Eckville where i bought it, they are very good over there.
I have had Honda before my last one was an '06 Rincon with built in GPS and IRS, a very nice machine but lacking in power.

Rider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The ones that are different than Hadley's didn't turn out worth a chit
So Sorry guys no pics:beer:

Top Bottom