Sun peaks hill climbs???

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Seen a poster at leading edge saying there was a hill climb competition up sun peaks in april, i think,,, havent been able to find any details about it.....anybody else hear about this?

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Curious to hear more. Only tough climb I've ever seen there is the one right next to the notch up to the alpine and I can't see them having a hillclimb competition on that!

PowMower

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hmmm? when I raced there it was on morrisy and then it went to the headwalls the last year. insurance I heard shut it all down?

Free Rider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Didn't they used to have the last race of the season there years ago when there was a hillclimb circut? I remember they used to have the snowcross race the same weekend. Like already posted, I think because of the insurance it all got shut down. It used to be the weekend after the ski hill closed for the season.

Rkwhite

Reaction score
From what I've heard, it WILL be the weekend after the hill closes on the Morrisey side. This is info from someone that works for sun peaks corp. With the hill they are using it will basically be a time trial.......

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice. So what kinda classes and turnout is there usually? When was the last time somethin like this was held up there?

Free Rider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think the last time it was there was mid April 2005. I believe there was several different classes from stock to modified. They also had a snowcross race that a few of my buddies went in. They had mountain sleds racing against short tracks but they had a blast doing it.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ran into Luke from Leading Edge on Friday sounded like it was a $$ issue, someone wanted too much of it.

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya was told today that the sled club got greedy, pretty much shut er down.....they did say that they were gonna green light it no matter what next year, time will tell.

hows the snow up in ur hills bnorth?

Top Bottom