Summer Mod Projects

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
tearing apart the old chassis

the motor pile as it comes out and drops in as one peice with eevvverything

every single fusion rivet had to be grinded smooth and punched out from the underside...fun!

pre drilling the stiffeners and the timbersled drop brackets so we do not need to drill into the new coating

the frame without and coolers/running board edges and the stock drop brackets removed

163 cooler. man this sucker is long..off to get coated!

the old 146 chassis complete with no damange and low miles FOR SALE if anyone is interested. ready to bolt on.

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys, I seen a guy talking about building a 1000PS and just woundering if anyone here can fill me in on what that is when it comes to sleds. I have seen it before in some threads, but can not find what it means or what type of sled build it is. Thanks

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys, I seen a guy talking about building a 1000PS and just woundering if anyone here can fill me in on what that is when it comes to sleds. I have seen it before in some threads, but can not find what it means or what type of sled build it is. Thanks

I think you should start a new thread for this, you might not get the answers you want here and this thread is about something else.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well started receiving some stuff at the shop today....very slow process as the tracks are delayed bigtime. and ill be away for a few weeks so i wont be updating much.

2 wheel axel, 2 sets of 174 rails, and a rev and xp 174 tunnel extension..

all quality peices...VA and iceage.

the 174 vs the 151

and off to get coated

slednecks11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When you take off the cooler on the xp what rivots do you use to
put it back on and where do you get them from?

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When you take off the cooler on the xp what rivots do you use to
put it back on and where do you get them from?

i just use aluminum rivets...i order them online. illsend the link. i use steel rivets for structural points. but just a warning removing the xp cooler is an absolute terrible time

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
finally made some progress today.....

powdercoating arrived....starting throwing the 163 sled together...
got the 174 skid and tunnel extension on.

and did a little work on the rev.

we removed the large rivets and use bolts to make it easier to come apart next time

mounted nun to frame

rev oil tank delete brackets..holds the computer and all

xp tunnel extension. rear bracket and the bracket on the cooler need to come off. then it locks into place

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm getting ready to get started myself here....going to order the Avids, Ice Age, and Ve parts....wondering about drop brackets. Do the Ice Age rails use stock mounting locations, or are relocated brackets (possibly dropped a bit as well) in order?

Also: what is the hold-up on the tracks? Are the 174x16x2.5 (3") not available right now? Or are you waiting for a newer model?

(sorry for all the questions....just want to have everything in a pile before I get started...LOL)

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm getting ready to get started myself here....going to order the Avids, Ice Age, and Ve parts....wondering about drop brackets. Do the Ice Age rails use stock mounting locations, or are relocated brackets (possibly dropped a bit as well) in order?

Also: what is the hold-up on the tracks? Are the 174x16x2.5 (3") not available right now? Or are you waiting for a newer model?

(sorry for all the questions....just want to have everything in a pile before I get started...LOL)

ice age rails bolt right on in stock locations. i would consider a set of timbersled drop brackets they are alot stronger than the stock ones...smittys also makes a bolt on one but i prefer the timbersled. i would do this just because of the extra force being put on the stock brackets with the longer track.

as far as tracks. the soonest i will have mine from tracks canada is end of august...not really what i was hoping for but it is what it is. you can get the track from tracks usa or other places but it will be an older model which a certain % had issues. camoplast is making a new production run of these tracks which they assure will not have the issues the last ones had. ( which is why i am waiting )

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wondering about drop brackets. Do the Ice Age rails use stock mounting locations, or are relocated brackets (possibly dropped a bit as well) in order?

As far drop brackets go I throw a vote for the Racer's Edge brackets.

They bolt over top of the stock brackets. I'm pretty sure I saw a set on the wall at Trackside in Olds the last time I was there. I went with the straight reenforcement ones but I know there are a set of drop brackets too. We hammer riveted them onto the tunnel for a cleaner look and more strength.

Attachments

• Drop Brackets.jpg
    Drop Brackets.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 496
Top Bottom