Summer Mod Projects

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey maxwel great look n rides....

any pics of the flap delete?? post a pic if ya could?

I was think n of pull n the flap and light off my 08,, I guess peeps get sprayed a bit on the trail but otherwise all good ya figure?

hard to say. most people cut the last couple inches off their stock flaps anyways which renders it virtually useless on the trail.

a sled with no flap and one with the bottom cut off spray the same amount.

but otherwise ride in the back LOL good to go..

there is no delete. i just drilled it out.
what track length do you have?

mine is a 163 and hyas alot more cooling capacity than the 154.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Really nice lookin stuff there Maxwell...

Startin to line up all my parts in the garage as they come back from the powder coater and annodizing....new track on the way, a few other Bling goodies to throw on for the start of the season!

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hard to say. most people cut the last couple inches off their stock flaps anyways which renders it virtually useless on the trail.

a sled with no flap and one with the bottom cut off spray the same amount.

but otherwise ride in the back LOL good to go..

there is no delete. i just drilled it out.
what track length do you have?

mine is a 163 and hyas alot more cooling capacity than the 154.

lol,, I know no delete just sounded good..:beer: hows it look with the holes?

ya I have 146 so I was going to ask about cooling,, maybe I wont take it off but I hate thoose flaps i the deep,, its already cut down but I dont want the light and its one piece so I figure loose the whole thing,, sled is all black and I see yellow on that flap lol...

Last edited:

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Really nice lookin stuff there Maxwell...

Startin to line up all my parts in the garage as they come back from the powder coater and annodizing....new track on the way, a few other Bling goodies to throw on for the start of the season!

I have the track en route as well.... post up some pics when ur done... what color is all that anodizing?

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All my parts going black, rails are done, white hyfax's (I see many people have that combo this season) but they look awesome, TopGun did an amazing job on the rails and spindles.

My tunnel extension and all my old blue parts are at the annodizer, although I am still waiting, if they are not done tomorrow they are going to be powder coated instead because I am tired of hearing "should be a couple of days"

The black parts and white hyfax should really set the sled off as I am finishing my wrap up as well. Lots of Blue, White and more black on the sled already.

If anyone ever wants some seriously awesome customer service talk to Brendan from Lime Nine 2010 This is 2 seasons in a row I have ordered pieces to complete the sled and replace pieces that took a bit of damage (the vinyl held up, the tree didn't) :rolleyes:

Anyhow, when my sled is done I'll post up a few pics in a new thread, likely in the XP section so I am not hijacking maxwell's. :beer:

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
last 2 all done.

first is...

-o8 ACR summit x
-bikeman 880 big bore
- holz 42" a-arms
- fox evol x shocks
- fox rear suspension
- avid 7tooth drivers
- 174 2.5 camo extreme

andd pretty much the same sled.

-2008 summit x
-holz a-arms
- fox evol x
- SHR 860BB
- avid 7 tooth drivers
- 174x2.5" camo extreme

it takes a while to walk around these guys.

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
SWEET SLEDS Sean!

Surprised you can get away with the two inners on the 174 ? Thats alot of pressure on them two wheels no ?

Thats 5 sick sleds from the Maxwells Mod Shop this year :beer:

Max

Reaction score
Very Nice Sean,

You did a fantastic job, I can,t wait to get home and try the new ride. Wraping up here and going to take Tiff & James on a tour of Italy & check out Austria, Switzerland & France and will see you @ Xmas.

Thanks again

Top Bottom