Summer Mod Projects

team dirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledseymourarm.ca
I wasnt planning any mods this summer other than freshening up the wifes 08 800 xp, but a small incident with a rock in late april means that i will be doing a full chassis and a new crank on my 04 830 rev. What type of nitrous system are you running on the older 800 engines Maxwell. I have a boondockers kit I pulled off my buddies 04. It seemed to work pretty good but I know there are better out there now. While I have everything tore down I might as well get the nitrous installed also.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wasnt planning any mods this summer other than freshening up the wifes 08 800 xp, but a small incident with a rock in late april means that i will be doing a full chassis and a new crank on my 04 830 rev. What type of nitrous system are you running on the older 800 engines Maxwell. I have a boondockers kit I pulled off my buddies 04. It seemed to work pretty good but I know there are better out there now. While I have everything tore down I might as well get the nitrous installed also.

i have only ever run boondockers. soo my opinion may be biased.

i have tried the new "boss noss" system and it just didnt compare.

boondockers i feel is the best performing system that i have seen although i have never really compared it. i just know we have it tuned very well on that 2004 rev and its an animal.

it has a 151 with half the lugs missing and it eats my 2010 163 xp alive. im scared to see what it will do with a new 174

i always install the adjustable regulator so i can choose to run race fuel or not. ( or choose by how much i want to beat everyone )

ill be installing my system onto my new xp possibly when my warranty is up.
if these systems are not tuned correctly they can either bite the big one or work extremely well. my old mod 600 was impressive on nitrous but the 800 can take a larger shot which makes it that much better.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just wondering, where you getting the parts for the 174" conversion at? Pretty sure I am going to do it, just want to know what i'm looking at for parts cost to make my decision.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the cheapest alternative would be a cheap tunnel extension, rail extensions, stock drivers and the track. but with the stock drivers you can only run the 15 wide padles. i dont care for this.

tunnel extension 140$ vanamburg
rail extension 150$ ???
track 900-1100 tracks usa/canada or specialty sleds

here is what WE are doing and i feel is the best combination

avid 7 tooth drivers ( more clearance and lower gear ratio) 300$
Vanamburg tunnel extension 200$
ice age 174 rails ( stock ones are to weak especially with extensions) 300$
track 900-1000$

so to do it the best way is going to be around 1500-1800$ at least

here is the tunnel extension and rails that will be used

and the rails

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's not a bad price at all. I figure it's a lot more cost effective then a turbo, or big bore and bunch of other stuff just to get a bit more performance out of the sled and doesn't effect relieability.

Plus probably could recoup like $500-600 i'd think for stock track, rails, and drivers atleast? Tunnel extension isn't a huge concern for me, because I am already at 162" so it's not a massive one and doesn't need to carry any weight, but no point in trying to really cheap out.

Heading south soon anyway so could probably get a bit cheaper parts i'd think anyways.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's not a bad price at all. I figure it's a lot more cost effective then a turbo, or big bore and bunch of other stuff just to get a bit more performance out of the sled and doesn't effect relieability.

Plus probably could recoup like $500-600 i'd think for stock track, rails, and drivers atleast? Tunnel extension isn't a huge concern for me, because I am already at 162" so it's not a massive one and doesn't need to carry any weight, but no point in trying to really cheap out.

Heading south soon anyway so could probably get a bit cheaper parts i'd think anyways.

oh yah shouldnt ahve any problem getting some coin back for the old stuff. rails are a hot item.

you can do whatever with the tunnel extension. could even fab your own. but the rails i would deffinetly reccomend.

i will say this. i have seen some 174 stock machines taking on some pretty impressive mod sleds. it is deffinetly more cost effective and reliable.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
oh yah shouldnt ahve any problem getting some coin back for the old stuff. rails are a hot item.

you can do whatever with the tunnel extension. could even fab your own. but the rails i would deffinetly reccomend.

i will say this. i have seen some 174 stock machines taking on some pretty impressive mod sleds. it is deffinetly more cost effective and reliable.

Well saving $200 on rail extension vs new doesn't make sense to me. Yea that's what i've been reading, and since i'm not familiar with clutching or motors at all, i'd much rather play around with a track considering I already know how to change one. Only downside I see is it would be the final nail in the coffin trying to ride local, but not like I really care about that. And the fact that it would be interesting hauling the sled on a short box with a deck.

But from what i've found 2.5 is good idea, 3.0 not so much?

Be sure to post on how the conversion goes, don't want to do it if it's a real PIA :d

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
HERE is a thread for EVERYTHING i have for sale at the shop. tons of junk. i will post this at the beggining of the thread. i will be adding/subtracting from it almost daily

HagmanMod1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey there maxwell going to have my fresh 0km rkt 860 for sale as well as everything else under the hood exept the chain case and primary is already sold the secondary is a team roller 780 305 9689

smokindave

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well next season will be a rockin for me.
I bought a Fabcraft 174" tunnel powdercoated orange and a Timbersled skid.
I ,today talked to Shain @ Twisted Turbo's and am going too send my deposit on a M1000 race gas extreme turbo_Over 400hp turned up...:eek:
By the time I have this sled all finished,sometime in August I am going to be chomping at the bit too get out and ride.
Its only 18 days today and then the days start getting shorter,I can hardly wait for winter.
I hope everyone has a great summer and look forward too riding with more people this next season.:d

Cheers,
Dave

smokindave

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you'd better have deep pockets to run it at that much

I don't think I will ever turn it up that much,well at least not all of the time,maybe...but horse power is addicting so....I better get another job or maybe sell my Vette for a fuel fund or...maybe buy a race fuel dealership:d

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey maxwell, just checking if you had a chance to see if your billet wheels will fit for me, if you want to let me know what they are from and I can search it out for ya. Just so that would be one less thing for me to get. Thanks

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Maxwell you could put the 860 topend on your xp. IF you kilometer it out like the ol zx youll end up using the rest of the parts any ways minus cases.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Maxwell you could put the 860 topend on your xp. IF you kilometer it out like the ol zx youll end up using the rest of the parts any ways minus cases.

i cant put it on mine its a 2010 they use a different exhaust system. but would work on my buddies 2008 and 2009s. i never even thought about that.

my sled is already miled out! almost 3000km only 3 months old! HAHAHA

Top Bottom