stuttering pro

orangemaddness

Reaction score
When I get in deep pow with my 13' pro and run it real hard for awhile then shut it off for a break the next time I fire it up it stutters and sounds like its running on one cylinder. if I blip the throttle a bit it levels out and runs fine. Any ideas on what could be causing this problem. I thought it may be the air intake covering with ice and snow. If that was the problem does anyone have any tips to help cure it.

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pull the plastic air horns out of the intake in the hood. It's also important to let it warm back up enough to allow the thermostat to open before ripping again

palerider57

Reaction score
Its a stretch, but check for moisture at the plug-in on the TPS. Thats the black thing behind the secondary attached with two Phillips screws. Moisture can build up at that plug. Remove secondary and you can see it. However, it might be theTPS is failing as well.

NM

Boost It - Fuel your Boost
Reaction score
When I get in deep pow with my 13' pro and run it real hard for awhile then shut it off for a break the next time I fire it up it stutters and sounds like its running on one cylinder. if I blip the throttle a bit it levels out and runs fine. Any ideas on what could be causing this problem. I thought it may be the air intake covering with ice and snow. If that was the problem does anyone have any tips to help cure it.
i have a theory that because of the location of the fuel rail, the fuel actually boils in the rail and causes the sled to be lean on restart. I know it sounds odd, but fuel boils at a very low temp and when it boils it creates air in the system that can take a few seconds to work through.
All of our Pros have wideband gauges and you can see when they start after sitting for a while that they run lean and rough at idle for a few seconds. Even the stock Pros do this.
This is just a theory though.

Top Bottom