Stop Supporting the Chit Bags!

jhsummit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.jhactivities.com
Polaris! Every day I chime in on threads about how terrible polaris products are, how many engines people have gone through and how polaris won't back up their warranty. I was in that position with polaris one time, and one time only! WHY DO PEOPLE KEEP BUYING THESE PIECES OF CHIT?
It blows my mind to talk to polaris riders out here and listen to the same chit year after year. "They said they fixed the problem for next year." And people continue to loose there azzes on a sled, get nothing for it selling it, and buy next years product hoping for something better only to get screwed AGAIN!
STOP BUYING POLARIS UNTIL THEY PROVE THEMSELVES, not only with a decent product, but with customer relations! And boy, do they have a long way to go in order to do that!

Timber_12

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And but what?!

Yamaha? Not till they get the weight down to the other sleds range.

Arctic crap? Yeah I'll buy another one of those. Motor siezed at 34 miles and I wouldn't have gotten warranty except the dealers head mechanic was there at the time. That aside over 30k into my POS and only 400 miles because it never runs? I've been towed back more on my m8 that I ever was on my Polaris.

Skidoo? Might be a contender except I absolutely hate the fact that an American can buy a sled that's built in Canada cheaper than a Canadian can. And I absolutely hate the way they ride/handle. And I'm not too fond of my local dealer.

Polaris? I'll buy a Polaris next with the expectation that it's going to melt down and every mile I get out of it will be a bonus instead of riding a cat. At least I won't be getting bent over by the arctic cat dealership thinking that they're looking out for me. I've always gotten good service from my Polaris dealership.

jhsummit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.jhactivities.com
are there prices lower for high end models compared to say a summitx?

I'm pretty sure that they are. At least here in the states. I'm sure that has something to do with people continuing to buy them. But it has become so well known that they aren't producing quality products and on top of that, aren't making things right with their customers when chit goes south. Is it worth saving a few grand up front when you are hung out to dry when you're on your third motor and they tell you that they won't honor the warranty?

trench

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have also had good luck with my Polaris sleds, and I prefer the way they ride over the other brands. My sons 08 M8 lost the ECU within 400 miles, the year before that he had an 07 Renegade. That piece of junk ate belts like candy and the dealer could not fix it. This past weekend my buddy hit a rock with his XP, the front end folded up like it was made out of beer cans. For the amount we spend on these things they are all junk!!!

Trench:rant:

jhsummit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.jhactivities.com
snowandmud aint here to bash brands! keep that in mind!:nono:

I'm really not out to bash brands or put anyone down for liking one brand over another. I couldn't care less what other people ride. I just don't like seeing fellow riders and friends getting screwed over. And for the life of me, I don't understand why people keep going back after getting screwed so bad and getting an "F-off" from the executives. Just doesn't add up to me and it will continue to happen as long as people keep buying them. Polaris is and has been taking advantage of riders brand loyalty. Just sayin'

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have also had good luck with my Polaris sleds, and I prefer the way they ride over the other brands. My sons 08 M8 lost the ECU within 400 miles, the year before that he had an 07 Renegade. That piece of junk ate belts like candy and the dealer could not fix it. This pat weekend my buddy hit a rock with his XP, the front end folded up like it was made out of beer cans. For the amount we spend on these things they are all junk!!!

do you really truthfully think that the other brands wouldnt fold up upon hitting a rock?

pull head out of bum now.

lesson of that day. dont hit rocks?

youngpolarisguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have also had good luck with my Polaris sleds, and I prefer the way they ride over the other brands. My sons 08 M8 lost the ECU within 400 miles, the year before that he had an 07 Renegade. That piece of junk ate belts like candy and the dealer could not fix it. This pat weekend my buddy hit a rock with his XP, the front end folded up like it was made out of beer cans. For the amount we spend on these things they are all junk!!!

I have agree i have seen some doo's fold pretty easy.

trench

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes I do believe it, that hit would have probably cost me an "A" arm. He is looking at a new "A" arm, nun, and side panel, minimum. Are you going to say that the Doo is built as strong as the Polaris? This guy rode an M10 for 4 years and it held together, first ride out he is looking at over $1000 damage to his Doo, and yes he did hit stuff on the Arctic Cat.

Trench

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes I do believe it, that hit would have probably cost me an "A" arm. He is looking at a new "A" arm, nun, and side panel, minimum. Are you going to say that the Doo is built as strong as the Polaris? This guy rode an M10 for 4 years and it held together, first ride out he is looking at over $1000 damage to his Doo, and yes he did hit stuff on the Arctic Cat.

Trench

were you the engineer that designed all of these chassis?

im guessing you did since you are claiming that the pro is in fact stronger than the revxp chassis. then you should be able to tell us exactly how much stronger the polaris is?

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ohh come on ....nothin beats a good 600lb yammi.................at least it runs.

Had the 2 stoke blues for years till I went yami. 12000 km between two sleds and never choppered or towed. Always ride home on my own power.

jhsummit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.jhactivities.com
Had the 2 stoke blues for years till I went yami. 12000 km between two sleds and never choppered or towed. Always ride home on my own power.

I'm never owned a Yammie but... From what I hear they go forever and have a killer warranty that they stand behind. Sounds good to me. I wouldn't want a sled that heavy but if you don't mind the weight than a sled that runs that long and a company that backs their product is awesome. Far cry from what you hear over and over about polaris.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
were you the engineer that designed all of these chassis?

im guessing you did since you are claiming that the pro is in fact stronger than the revxp chassis. then you should be able to tell us exactly how much stronger the polaris is?

Actually the Pro is a stronger chassis, sorry to say, can't give you the figures, don't know if anyone has tested them specifically to failure points but it is beefier for sure. I guarantee if you look at one closely you will agree. While it is not as light as the Doo, the bulkhead is significantly stronger than the Doo IMO. It is also modular and the a-arms are designed to be the weakest point of the chassis, unlike Doo where the nun is the weakest link, whether or not it was designed to be, it is. The Polaris arms will bend long before the bulkhead, and all you do is pull the side panel off and replace the arms. Takes about an hour per side. Polaris at least did that right, even if the motor has issues. I know nun replacement is a lot longer than that.

Unfortunately if you guys are arguing which one is stronger, my vote goes to Polaris. There is a price to pay for having the lightest sled on the hill, that price is strength. There is no substitute for strength until you guys start building titanium, carbon fibre, or tube chassis's. Stamped aluminum parts quite simply, are not very strong comparatively, but they are lighter. You just gotta pick your poison and be happy with it.

If guys want to keep the Polaris blinders on and keep getting bent over, who cares, its their money.... Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me. At the end of day, so long as you are happy with what you ride, who cares what anyone else thinks?

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
because its bulky its strong? not arguing the xp is the strongeest chassis at all but no one really knows which is strongest unless you designed it.

ps. the pro is lighter than the xp is it not? :confused:

Last edited:

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
Actually the Pro is a stronger chassis, sorry to say, can't give you the figures, don't know if anyone has tested them specifically to failure points but it is beefier for sure. I guarantee if you look at one closely you will agree. While it is not as light as the Doo, the bulkhead is significantly stronger than the Doo IMO. It is also modular and the a-arms are designed to be the weakest point of the chassis, unlike Doo where the nun is the weakest link, whether or not it was designed to be, it is. The Polaris arms will bend long before the bulkhead, and all you do is pull the side panel off and replace the arms. Takes about an hour per side. Polaris at least did that right, even if the motor has issues. I know nun replacement is a lot longer than that.

Unfortunately if you guys are arguing which one is stronger, my vote goes to Polaris. There is a price to pay for having the lightest sled on the hill, that price is strength. There is no substitute for strength until you guys start building titanium, carbon fibre, or tube chassis's. Stamped aluminum parts quite simply, are not very strong comparatively, but they are lighter. You just gotta pick your poison and be happy with it.

If guys want to keep the Polaris blinders on and keep getting bent over, who cares, its their money.... Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me. At the end of day, so long as you are happy with what you ride, who cares what anyone else thinks?

Your saying that the PRO is heavier making it stronger.. and there is a price to pay for having a lighter sled.... The Pro RMK 163 weighs in at 437 Lbs....The Summit 163 X comes in at 464lbs. Im not a doctor...but "There is a price to pay for having the lightest sled on the hill, that price is strength."

trench

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
because its bulky its strong? not arguing the xp is the strongeest chassis at all but no one really knows which is strongest unless you designed it.

ps. the pro is lighter than the xp is it not? :confused:

All I can go on is my experience, the Doo chassis folds up easier than the Polaris or Cat. Don't have to design something to see what happens to it when it's hit. Sorry if I offended you, seems it's quite easy to doo!!

Trench

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
All I can go on is my experience, the Doo chassis folds up easier than the Polaris or Cat. Don't have to design something to see what happens to it when it's hit. Sorry if I offended you, seems it's quite easy to doo!!

Trench

lol easy maxwell

Top Bottom