stagging area heros

Himark

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my first time using a sled deck...let alone ever seeing one (from the flatlands). heading out for a day trip we got loaded up. i was last to get up on the deck. my first attempt wasnt enough momentum. i got the ski's on but not the track and spun out. pull it back and the boys tell me to just giver. so i hit it again. when cresting the top the track spun ever so slightly. i was like fawk me, im NOT taking another run at this thing, so i gave it a little juice. does the sled not get FULL traction.
i slam into the headache rack HARD flip over the bars and land on the roof of the truck completely on my back.
EVERYONES eyes were on me.

all i hear is laughter. i wasnt laughing. i was so embarrassed. and worried that i did some damage to my buddies truck. did i mention, this was also my FIRST ride with these guys. i was making a GREAT impression. i jump down and inspect the damage only to find a slightly dented roof and some small gashes on the headache rack. i apologized profusely while everyone was still laughing. gets better....

we get to the unloading area where we are going to ride for the day and its pretty full. everyone unloads, and im last to go. i start the sled and start reversing down the ramp. again, not enough momentum. my track hits the hard packed parking lot and spins. i refuse to get off and do the shameful pull off the ramp, so i crack it and hop up and down. does the fawkin track not dig in and launch me in reverse! slamming me forward into the throttle! WFO across the parking lot right into the snowbank where i fly off! all the while wearing just a t shirt and a stupid flat brimmed hat (dont normally wear them) can you say RETARD. im not so sure just how many people saw this escapade but it was many. some of the guys were in tears. i hop on the sled and do the drive of shame back over to my group. who then think its funny to all start their sleds and move 5ft away from me.

remember, they have never seen me ride at this point. lets just say, i rode with reckless abandon that day just to make up for the idiotic shiit i pulled earlier. i was out of control...lol.

sometimes when im just off in la-la land i will think of that day and just burst out laughing. even if im home alone....lol

what an idiot...

ram4tow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my first time using a sled deck...let alone ever seeing one (from the flatlands). heading out for a day trip we got loaded up. i was last to get up on the deck. my first attempt wasnt enough momentum. i got the ski's on but not the track and spun out. pull it back and the boys tell me to just giver. so i hit it again. when cresting the top the track spun ever so slightly. i was like fawk me, im NOT taking another run at this thing, so i gave it a little juice. does the sled not get FULL traction.
i slam into the headache rack HARD flip over the bars and land on the roof of the truck completely on my back.

all i hear is laughter. i wasnt laughing. i was so embarrassed. and worried that i did some damage to my buddies truck. did i mention, this was also my FIRST ride with these guys. i was making a GREAT impression. i jump down and inspect the damage only to find a slightly dented roof and some small gashes on the headache rack. i apologized profusely while everyone was still laughing. gets better....

we get to the unloading area where we are going to ride for the day and its pretty full. everyone unloads, and im last to go. i start the sled and start reversing down the ramp. again, not enough momentum. my track hits the hard packed parking lot and spins. i refuse to get off and do the shameful pull off the ramp, so i crack it and hop up and down. does the fawkin track not dig in and launch me in reverse! slamming me forward into the throttle! WFO across the parking lot right into the snowbank where i fly off! all the while wearing just a t shirt and a stupid flat brimmed hat (dont normally wear them) can you say RETARD. im not so sure just how many people saw this escapade but it was many. some of the guys were in tears. i hop on the sled and do the drive of shame back over to my group. who then think its funny to all start their sleds and move 5ft away from me.

remember, they have never seen me ride at this point. lets just say, i rode with reckless abandon that day just to make up for the idiotic shiit i pulled earlier. i was out of control...lol.

sometimes when im just off in la-la land i will think of that day and just burst out laughing. even if im home alone....lol

what an idiot...

That is awesome.. perfect way to start off my morning.. thanks ! :d :ha_ha: :lol2::You_Rock:

Last edited:

BC Sno-Ghost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

what an idiot...
Best one yet! Good on ya for being able to laugh at yourself....:beer:

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

what an idiot...

That's the funniest thing I've heard in a long time. I was just about in tears reading. We've all been there... the level of embarrassment just depends on how many spectators there are at the time!

It is refreshing to hear a story like that coming first hand from the guy it happened to. Good on ya! Usually these stories start with "This guy I know, we'll call him buddy....."

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
about 4 yrs back loading my old xlt. was running like a crap can afterthe ride. kinda burped and gurgled going up the ramp. ended up in the back seat of my truck. nose cone was actually inside the cab. pos.:realmad::rant::mad:

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

what an idiot...

Thanks for sharing that.............if you close your eyes after reading it and watch the whole thing go down it's even better.:eek::d:beer:

JaySimon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've got one, not the epic saga that highmark went through, but entertaining nonetheless...

A buddy of mine had just bought an M7 and we made a plywood deck/ramp for it for the back of his ranger. We got his sled into the truck when he opted to shoot the ramp from underneath the sled by burping the throttle. Naturally, he busted out the back window in his truck.

Cheap bastage never even fixed said window. Made catching a lift to the ski hill with him a cold endevour.

koby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
many years ago, my bro built a deck for the momba truck. it was a 81 3/4 ton with 4" susp & 2" body lift, runnin 44's.
did not put on a head ache rack, just the deck.
we're out at his cabin at the sturgeon and woke up sunday, hung to the gills, colder than fawk out, -35ish. he run his 440 srx up there, and i did the same as everybody else has mentioned, hit it twice too slow. drug it back and hit it hard the 3rd time. put the 7500 blizzard ski thru the back window.

got some pretty starange looks drivin back to GP wearing our helmets. Fug was that a cold trip.:cool:

Rodzilla

Reaction score

what an idiot...

That is some funny stuff. This was my first season of loading/unloading on a deck and stuff like that is what I always imagine might very well happen to me...lol. But hope it never does. Thanks for the laugh.

No Bad Days

Reaction score
Many years ago I watched a guy in his back yard trying to start his Mach Ton. He pulled and pulled on that rope till he was blue in the face. He had a temper, wich resulted in him beating the hood with a cresent wrench, after a few more pulls he storms off to the garage and comes back with some electrical tape, tapes the throttle to the bar wide open, pulls a few more times, the sled fires off, the sled shoots off accross the yard, through the fence and T-Bones the neighbor's tree. Then he got real mad. I never laughed so hard in my life.

t-bomb

Reaction score
Many years ago I watched a guy in his back yard trying to start his Mach Ton. He pulled and pulled on that rope till he was blue in the face. He had a temper, wich resulted in him beating the hood with a cresent wrench, after a few more pulls he storms off to the garage and comes back with some electrical tape, tapes the throttle to the bar wide open, pulls a few more times, the sled fires off, the sled shoots off accross the yard, through the fence and T-Bones the neighbor's tree. Then he got real mad. I never laughed so hard in my life.

I could just picture that on a red green show or sled ED with no sound just music playing. too funny:alol2:

steel town

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My story has to do with loading MX bikes.
A few seasons ago I was taking a break while riding at the Calgary motocross track, sitting in my lawnchair. A customer then/friend now had just finished his practice session and was pulling off the track and riding to his truck. I remember he was wearing "baggy" motocross pants which are not "cool" at the track, and he had a older beater of a bike with no numbers on it, and it was just covered with stickers of companies he definatley was not sponsored by..... me and my buddies were kinda giggling about it.
So this dude has his ramp already set up in the back of his truck, and he rides past us and rides his bike up the skinny ramp into the truck(not a bad trick, especially for a spode) but he had too much speed and plowed into the front of the bed, smashing his rear window. NOw it gets better, riddeled by what he just did, he then tips the bike over, and falls out of the bed of his truck. But one of his legs is pinned between the running bike and the inside the bed of the truck and he is hanging upside down dangelling with his back to his truck staring right at me and my buddies.
So this guy is screaming like a scaleded cat and my buddies and I are laughing our asses off. I quickly ran over, jumped into the back of his truck, killed the engine on his bike, and lifted it off his leg and he fell to the ground. Only his pride was injured, but it was really funny and a total spode move. Jeff, as I later learned his name, actually came in a week later and thanked me again for helping him, and bought a CRF 250r later that year from my shop. I still see him at the track about once a week and remind him of his little incident everytime he makes fun of slower/spodey riders.

J_E_SUMMIT

RIP, Fallen Sledder
Reaction score
When I was a kid my dad used to take me up the mountain. I would ride his old 583 long tracked MXZ. One day I parked it next to his truck while I took some gear off and he loaded his sled. He loaded his sled and decided to load the MXZ. Well, he had replaced the throttle cable the day before and I guess the new one was not routed properly. He fired it up and cranked it hard right to pull it, but the throttle cable caught and it launched off the snowbank. The sled tipped onto its side in mid air and went between two trees that were no more then 5' apart and then landed on the snowbank of the road, approximatly 15' below the parking lot:) The sled got off with nothing more then a torn ski rubber, but my dad's leg hit one of the trees as he was flying through the air and it swelled up so much that he couldn't get his boot back on:)

pattergrub

Reaction score
a few years back i drove my company truck to valemount with the sled in the back. at home i used a snow bank to load my sled but in the lot i had to use my buddy's ramp. This is something I had never done before and was quite nervous about it. My buddies refused to help me out and rightfully so. Anyways i hit the ramp at a slow speed and then PINNED ER!!!!! I ended up parking my sled in the back seat of my company truck!!!!!!!!!!! smashed the cab, window, and tore the seats up!! To make things worse when the guys and I were checking out the damage some 13/14 year old spoiled rich kid says, "looks like you have never done this before" I wanted to DRILL that kid so bad!!! I was never able to get the glass to seal properly before i traded the truck in (next time i'll just get daddy to help me out) sorry i cant find the pics right now

woody_tobius_jr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We were loading at McBride on a 4 place. Me and my buddy loaded on the ditchside and then moved the ramps over for the other two guys. First guy had Loaded his M8 and hits it a little hard slides the skis over the fron of the trailer, we get him pulled back and his buddy starts to load his M6 well he gives'er pepper when he hits the ramps and gets it whoa'd up when the skis were up by buddies handlebars! It was kinda funny to see two cats mating like that. Amazing how fast guys move when they're embarrassed. They had them pulled apart before I could get my camera out. :)
ahhh good times.

malinowski3

Reaction score
haha in siccamouse in 08 my dads buddy bought a new enclosed trailer i had a brand new 600 rmk (i was 10) the last day he hits a tree and he wasnt having a good day and convinced everyone to leave early so down the trail we went i was ripping around at the parking lot having fun with my new sled when i hear this other sled just rip i look over and see his ski go right through the trailer wall and he went over the handle bars and landed half in half out the little walk in/out door of the tailer he got up threw his helmit and sat on the step scratching his beard saying phuk.... wile me and everyone else laughed the hardest i think we have ever had

Himark

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not for HiMark it isn't:d

LOL..i still laugh about it. i ve done some STUPID shiit lol. how about this one...
i use to reside on a lake. i would take my sled out on the lake in the summer months all the time. tie a 5 gallon jerry can on the bumper with a slip knot with 50' of rope. if she goes down pull on the loop and you have a marker! anyhow, my inlaws have never heard of such a thing and the ol fella REALLY wanted to see this "snowmobile on water"
i grab the ol 440 rev and rip on down to the lake. TOTALLY forgot about my belt blowin the last time out and cracking the belly pan something fierce. BRAAAAAAAAAAP...hit the lake, make it maybe 50 yards and she is a screamin! down i go, right in front of the ol lady and the inlaws. man, what a tool. sunk it in only 15 or so feet of water but still had to use my boat to get it. he didnt stop laughing until i reached the shore. wasnt planning on that swim...:eek:

Last edited by a moderator:

ozzy

Reaction score
Old sky hi deck with 6' ramp on truck with 6" lift .very sketchy lots of onlookers when loading at end of the day. lol

Top Bottom