Spy pics or any other credible info on the 2013's

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't worry, you will be able to take your wife's offer of letting you buy a new sled right to the dealer and put a deposit down. You want rideable power, you got it.

I'm am off riding for a week...hope you all enjoy the new sled. I'll give you my ride report when I am back :)

Have fun!

jpgmtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.payntonperformance.com
Hmmmmm...... leanable rear suspension? Tried that trick years ago with cracked welds in a rear suspension. Hard to keep the track on the rails under power.... Track wants to roll off one side or the other. And the tilting edge of the track? Anyone else see reliability issues? Also not sure on how it will handle. I can flick an xp around pretty well as it is, and can sidehill stuff that's dang near cliff already - not to brag but I'm wondering how necessary the engineering resources spent on development was for this?

I will reserve judgement for riding it but I'm highly skeptical...

High Velocity

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
have you not seen a Pro RMK chassis? Everything about that thing is a gimmick to help novice riders sidehill.

narrow boards that don't drag in the snow (but are stupid narrow when covered in snow)

really narrow and taller rider postioning to increase rider weight distribution

wider stance bars to help with leverage

15" wide track that reduces the resistance in laying the sled over

:p

Ya, the Pro is much more of a gimmick than the new Doo suspension. Another lame attempt to make a water buffalo sidehill. LMFAO !!! :)

High Velocity

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ahh there gettn a little nervous. Already have a better sled than both brands and it was just the teaser...sad day for anyone not in doo camp

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk

Sorry, Maxwell, but I just can't agree on the "better sled than both brands" comment. Better engine ? You bet ! Now build a decent mountain chassis to wrap that engine in !!

High Velocity

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Didn't BRP's rev platform revolutionize mountain sledding?

Only for people that liked the Rev chassis. Some loved it, some hated it. IMHO, they helped advance sled design in general, but did not revolutionize mountain sleds. Every manufacturer has brought out advancements that have pushed our sport forward. The Rev chassis may have been "revolutionary" in the trail sled segment, but time has shown that the extreme rider forward design is not necessarily the preferred design for a large number of mountain riders.

• Recommends
Reactions: cs5

omullinger

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I won't say that they are the best sled out there, but I do like mine more than the others that I have rode. But everyone has their opinions what they like. No brand bashing here
Only for people that liked the Rev chassis. Some loved it, some hated it. IMHO, they helped advance sled design in general, but did not revolutionize mountain sleds. Every manufacturer has brought out advancements that have pushed our sport forward. The Rev chassis may have been "revolutionary" in the trail sled segment, but time has shown that the extreme rider forward design is not necessarily the preferred design for a large number of mountain riders.

MtnMaster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anywhere the snow is deep, and the hills are steep
Didn't BRP's rev platform revolutionize mountain sledding?

The rev platform revolutionized ALL types of snowmobiling. Hell, we're now seeing the 2013's and the RMK is just a refined 2003.5 and the cat is a worked over XP..... haha

Let the pissing match begin!

PS. I probably won't reply to this because I'll be too busy RIDING, instead of arguing over my keyboard!

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lol. Ya they revolutionized the boat anchor industry. Drove prices way up with the high tech 800cc sinkers.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
regardless of ur hatred or blindness or whatever name u wanna call it, they did suuun

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Saw pics of the 2013 freeride. I am digging the olive drab green. As long as it doens thave the wrap on it lol.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Then why is the Pro and the Proclimb sleds rider forward designs? Hmmmmmmm.................weak.

High Velocity

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Then why is the Pro and the Proclimb sleds rider forward designs? Hmmmmmmm.................weak.

Snopro, your reply is the only weak thing. Reread my post. The Pro is not as "extremely" far forward as the Rev or XP. Did I bash either in my post ? No. I only stated that in my opinion, the Rev was not "revolutionary" (to anyone other than Doo boys), it was merely evolutionary and sleds have evolved since their inception. Many are not fans of Doo's rider-forward design. Not weak, just fact.

Last edited:

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Snopro, your reply is the only weak thing. Reread my post. The Pro is not as "extremely" far forward as the Rev or XP. Did I bash either in my post ? No. I only stated that in my opinion, the Rev was not "revolutionary" (to anyone other than Doo boys), it was merely evolutionary and sleds have evolved since their inception. Many are not fans of Doo's rider-forward design. Not weak, just fact.

I stand by my post that the Poo and Cat are rider forward designed sleds. Get your tape measure out. Supertrax magazine still polls the Rev design as the best idea to come out in years. Revolutionary....evolutionary? Both mean a significant change in something. I do however agree that all the manufacturers have significantly brought out ideas that have improved our sport. The Rev was the single reason that BRP regained number 1 market share from Polaris in 2004.

High Velocity

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Once again, I'm not bashing Doo. I honestly never felt the Rev was revolutionary. I actually felt it was a step backwards the first time I rode one. Close friends of mine that tried one on the same demo ride in '03 loved them. What we like or don't like in sleds is a personal thing, like most things in life. For me, the XP just reaffirmed my dislike for the Rev "revolution". I really didn't like the direction they were headed. I'm very happy that Poo chose a different path, because their machines fit my riding style. All good machines, but what do you like better ? Chocolate, vanilla, or strawberry ? Pick your flavour.

For the record, evolutionary is continuous change, whereas revolutionary is major or fundamental change. I just never felt it was revolutionary in the mountain segment. I think most mags at the time loved it for it's trail attributes, which it excels at. Semantics, really.

Last edited:
Top Bottom