Spring hits BC

JonJean

Reaction score
Its that time of year again! Spring should last for a while in bc and I'm hoping to make the best of it. heres a couple pictures from friday up at brandywine. It was an epic day!

DSC_0125.jpg DSC_0126.jpg DSC_0134.jpg DSC_0144 2.jpg IMG_0892.jpg IMG_0923.jpg IMG_0974.jpg

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey jonjean hows that pro held up to the abuse of sendin it all season??

JonJean

Reaction score
Hey jonjean hows that pro held up to the abuse of sendin it all season??

Over all im very happy with it. I have 2200km on it and I have not spent much time in the shop which is awesome. Top end had to be redone at 1900km and the track is ratcheting a lot in spring snow. Blew 2 belts. Thats all the issues i have had.

JonJean

Reaction score
Over all im very happy with it. I have 2200km on it and I have not spent much time in the shop which is awesome. Top end had to be redone at 1900km and the track is ratcheting a lot in spring snow. Blew 2 belts. Thats all the issues i have had.

By the way does anyone else hv issues with the track ratcheting? I have tightened the track and tightened the rear front shock but it still happens..any tips??

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
By the way does anyone else hv issues with the track ratcheting? I have tightened the track and tightened the rear front shock but it still happens..any tips??

how tight is it now? You shouldnt really have any drop in the track off the rails when you pick up the back of the sled. You can go to extrovert drivers if it starts getting too bad. Check condition of your current drivers, maybe there is something wrong with them or worn out.

JonJean

Reaction score
how tight is it now? You shouldnt really have any drop in the track off the rails when you pick up the back of the sled. You can go to extrovert drivers if it starts getting too bad. Check condition of your current drivers, maybe there is something wrong with them or worn out.

Thanks! My drivers look good, if i put the sled on its side and pull mid track i can fit 1 finger..

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
U go with that on all sleds?? I run mine with 2-2.5" of slack mid track with 10# of weight on it, per manual recommendations. No ratcheting ever.

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good to hear chassis held up to the big hits. Top end was covered under warranty?

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
U go with that on all sleds?? I run mine with 2-2.5" of slack mid track with 10# of weight on it, per manual recommendations. No ratcheting ever.

ya about same here,, as loose as I can without it racheting,,,

JonJean

Reaction score
Good to hear chassis held up to the big hits. Top end was covered under warranty?

Yea its held up great, its the assault i think its reinforced if you compare it to the pro. Top end was covered and my dealer, Sea to sky motorsports, hooked me up with a demo sled while they were fixing her up!

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
U go with that on all sleds??

Nope, not at all. I don't go by the manual, I run it by feel and as loose as possible without ratcheting, but sometimes what peeps think is "tight", ain't really tight at all. Mine so loose on one sled that I can fit my whole fist underneath the track without any weight. no ratcheting. On my other sled with a little more power :d, I have to keep it far tighter otherwise it will wrap so bad off the drivers it will stab (well..it won't with the anti-stab kit on it now). I'd be lucky to get 2" with 10 lbs on that sled, and I would still consider it "loose" under load. both sleds running extroverts. Rough rule of thumb I learned is track just touching when you pick up the skid, will be about the same as 1-1.5" once you hang some weight on it but each sled is different and these new single ply tracks are much different as well.

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yea its held up great, its the assault i think its reinforced if you compare it to the pro. Top end was covered and my dealer, Sea to sky motorsports, hooked me up with a demo sled while they were fixing her up!
So whats xtra on the assault? Piggyback front shocks, an extra brace on the rails, and harder track? Anythin else, tunnel/runnin boards beefier?

JonJean

Reaction score
So whats xtra on the assault? Piggyback front shocks, an extra brace on the rails, and harder track? Anythin else, tunnel/runnin boards beefier?

I don't think so, i mainly got it because of the better shocks. its wider the the pro, the thing is so wide i have about a 1/4 inch to spare on each side of my super clamp. i snow checked it and took the option of putting the "powder track" on it cause it gets deeeeeep here :D

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't think so, i mainly got it because of the better shocks. its wider the the pro, the thing is so wide i have about a 1/4 inch to spare on each side of my super clamp. i snow checked it and took the option of putting the "powder track" on it cause it gets deeeeeep here :D
Thx. Thinkn that im gonna snocheck one but prob the pro since the assault doesnt come with the belt drive,,,im gonna add the rail brace and its easy to upgrade the shocks if the stockers dont seem to be holding up.

And ya she certainly can get deep, i hit brandywine for the first time ever in march and it was one of the deepest days of my life,,, locals said it was for them too and it was uncharacteristically blower pow for coastal. Ill def be back next season

Top Bottom