Sold The XP Time for a Pro..

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info maxwell. They weren't quite stock tho, close but not quite. Was the clutching bone stock out of the box on both? I wonder why anyone buys a polaris when apparently the Bomby smashes it consistently. Is this what everyone else is finding too?
Seems like BRP is the obvious choice.

highmarking isnt everything. but i wont even get into the technical riding aspect of it. i guess you would have to witness it. burandt can make it work so really what i say is invalid about technical riding i supose.

yes clutching was bone stock on both. and yes both sleds were stock. remember the 2012/13 xps sleds now come with the same track i had on the 2011 xp so how is that not a fair comparison? pro hasnt changed its track and i was running the doo 2012 version of the track. so seems pretty fair to me.

recguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just saying thats all. I think that your xp will outclimb any one elses "Stock" xp out there too. I think you know how to fine tune a little better than the average guy when it comes to the xp.
I like the xp i just find them very expensive. Dealer means alot to me too.
I'm not brand loyal to anything, and i find the guys i ride with, cat, brp and poo, all bone stock are all pretty close when it comes to sled performance.

Appreciate your posts tho. Can't wait to pound the powder.

Scotts, when we hitting blue? Getting deep now.

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have many hours seat time on a pro-rmk. Therefor my opinion is valid. Thanks for coming out.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk

Spending a couple days riding a Pro isn't going to prove anything more than the fact that you are so used to riding a Doo that anything else would not compare. I would say this is the same challenge Arctic cat riders are having coming from the old M8 to the 2012 platform. The two cant be compared on a day ride. I can't ride a Doo, I have spent very little time on it. I sure if I rode one for a substantial amount of time without jumping back and forth it would come natural.

You like the Doo, that is easy to see, but don't try to pile crap on all the threads about other sleds saying how inferior they are to your choosen ride. Every sled has there good and bad points and not everybody rides to be king of the hill. Sometime you post some intelligent stuff, but sometimes you post crap to amuse yourself and your followers at the expense of someone else, and even you should know that is out of line.

Reactions: cs5

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just saying thats all. I think that your xp will outclimb any one elses "Stock" xp out there too. I think you know how to fine tune a little better than the average guy when it comes to the xp.
I like the xp i just find them very expensive. Dealer means alot to me too.
I'm not brand loyal to anything, and i find the guys i ride with, cat, brp and poo, all bone stock are all pretty close when it comes to sled performance.

Appreciate your posts tho. Can't wait to pound the powder.

Scotts, when we hitting blue? Getting deep now.

fair enough except it wasnt my sled just a stocker etec of my buddies lol. ya my 2010 works "good" LOL

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
did this test in 2011 with 2 stock sleds, same rider. a 2011 163 pro-rmk stock with can. and a 2011 summit x 163 with a 2.5 camo extreme ( which is now on the 2012/13) the xp consistantly blew over the top with tons of speed and the rmk was getting about 70% of the way then had to zig zag side to side before turning out about 80% up the hill. repeated this about 5 times. the owner of that sled is a member on here i hope he posts so you guys will give me some credit LOL. this was the face when you drop into the second bowl in westridge. fresh snow 1-2'. a few bumps at the bottom. maybe the rmk suspension is inferior to the doo rear skid in terms of keeping the power to the ground through the bumps. i dont know. just my findings.

The 2012's must have been de-tuned a bit then cause Saturday the 12 Doo was besting the Pro by a sled length or sometimes 2, riders similar weight, Poo rider was probably a little better rider. Only had about 15 witnesses though, probably not conclusive enough for you maxwell. But with the lesser HP you gotta think the Poo must be putting the power to the ground better, back-shifting superior or maybe have a better suspension cause you'd have to expect with a claimed 10 HP advantage, there should be a big difference in performance, climbing straight up its a bit apparent, but get in the hills with bigger bumps and spots where you lose traction the Pro is usually the far better performer, likely as a result of the better clutch and power transfer, and most guys have a hell of a lot more fun in tose conditions than a straight point and shoot kinda ridin. And with the higher awareness of avalanche danger and the greatly improved performance in the more technical riding that these new sleds allow us to enjoy rather than going to a hill and beat the hell out of it all day, I suggest is the reason so many guys are opting for the ease and enjoyment the traits of the Pro seem to offer. As is evident in the 13 Doo release they agree and are trying to emulate those traits to keep some of large numbers of defectors wearing the bumblebee jammies, but in 11 and 12, it didn't work so well, 13, i guess we're gonna see.

Reactions: cs5

Canuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My understanding is... about 0.5 thousand.

I'm OK with my 'girls' sled for now. Never rode an Etech so maybe I don't know what i'm missing.

Do you know how many thousands of dollars you have to spend to get 8 hp.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Spending a couple days riding a Pro isn't going to prove anything more than the fact that you are so used to riding a Doo that anything else would not compare. I would say this is the same challenge Arctic cat riders are having coming from the old M8 to the 2012 platform. The two cant be compared on a day ride. I can't ride a Doo, I have spent very little time on it. I sure if I rode one for a substantial amount of time without jumping back and forth it would come natural.

You like the Doo, that is easy to see, but don't try to pile crap on all the threads about other sleds saying how inferior they are to your choosen ride. Every sled has there good and bad points and not everybody rides to be king of the hill. Sometime you post some intelligent stuff, but sometimes you post crap to amuse yourself and your followers at the expense of someone else, and even you should know that is out of line.

LOL OK thankyou mother. i guess im out of line.

i never said i spent enough time on the pro to get comfortable with it? ever? can you read? did i ever say i could ride the pro just as good as my xp it just sucks? no. no i did not. i stated facts about what he is going to notice when he throws a leg over his 2013 after riding an xp for 5 years. EXACTLY THE SAME THING I HAVE DONE.

jesus i just noticed im in the polaris forum again. fawk.

turboassault

Reaction score
Oh boys if you spent half as much time riding as you do in these forums then you would all be professionals. Maxwell you can talk all you want but its bull. I ride with xp's everytime i go out and will tell you right now the only time the doo outperforms the pro is on a straight climb. Other than that they see tailights everywhere they go. 4 feet of fresh in blue river and they were getting stuck on flat ground and the pro walks right out of it pinned.

I am not going to sit here and tell you the bomb is a POS, because it is not, it is a very good sled. But all the arguments you make against the pro are both inflated and ignorant. 60 lb muffler?? come on stuff like that makes you look like a doo booster and the world doesnt need anymore of those.

My 2012 pro is the best sled i have ever owned and ever ridden. i am a polaris rider and have ridden the xp numerous times. I like it, its a good sled. Would i buy one? No. They are overpriced not very well built and seem to have the stupidest problems i have ever seen. Hand warmers lighting on fire causing comp to crash, Warm up mode bog!! OMG stupid i have seen so many guy sit and have a beer then fire up their sleds make it a quarter of the way up the hill and bog out. Maybe they will come out with command start next so you can start your sled and let it warm up for 15 minutes before riding it.

Every sled has issues but i constantly see you in polaris threads bashing the pro. So go put on your skidoo onesy and mama will be by to tuck you in shortly. Sweet dreams. Maybe you will be back in westridge beating up on a pro again tonight. baaaahahahahahahahaah.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The 2012's must have been de-tuned a bit then cause Saturday the 12 Doo was besting the Pro by a sled length or sometimes 2, riders similar weight, Poo rider was probably a little better rider. Only had about 15 witnesses though, probably not conclusive enough for you maxwell. But with the lesser HP you gotta think the Poo must be putting the power to the ground better, back-shifting superior or maybe have a better suspension cause you'd have to expect with a claimed 10 HP advantage, there should be a big difference in performance, climbing straight up its a bit apparent, but get in the hills with bigger bumps and spots where you lose traction the Pro is usually the far better performer, likely as a result of the better clutch and power transfer, and most guys have a hell of a lot more fun in tose conditions than a straight point and shoot kinda ridin. And with the higher awareness of avalanche danger and the greatly improved performance in the more technical riding that these new sleds allow us to enjoy rather than going to a hill and beat the hell out of it all day, I suggest is the reason so many guys are opting for the ease and enjoyment the traits of the Pro seem to offer. As is evident in the 13 Doo release they agree and are trying to emulate those traits to keep some of large numbers of defectors wearing the bumblebee jammies, but in 11 and 12, it didn't work so well, 13, i guess we're gonna see.

sounds good.

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
LOL OK thankyou mother. i guess im out of line.

i never said i spent enough time on the pro to get comfortable with it? ever? can you read? did i ever say i could ride the pro just as good as my xp it just sucks? no. no i did not. i stated facts about what he is going to notice when he throws a leg over his 2013 after riding an xp for 5 years. EXACTLY THE SAME THING I HAVE DONE.

jesus i just noticed im in the polaris forum again. fawk.

Maxwell's knowledge take it with a grain of salt he's not always speaking the truth.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh boys if you spent half as much time riding as you do in these forums then you would all be professionals. Maxwell you can talk all you want but its bull. I ride with xp's everytime i go out and will tell you right now the only time the doo outperforms the pro is on a straight climb. Other than that they see tailights everywhere they go. 4 feet of fresh in blue river and they were getting stuck on flat ground and the pro walks right out of it pinned.

I am not going to sit here and tell you the bomb is a POS, because it is not, it is a very good sled. But all the arguments you make against the pro are both inflated and ignorant. 60 lb muffler?? come on stuff like that makes you look like a doo booster and the world doesnt need anymore of those.

My 2012 pro is the best sled i have ever owned and ever ridden. i am a polaris rider and have ridden the xp numerous times. I like it, its a good sled. Would i buy one? No. They are overpriced not very well built and seem to have the stupidest problems i have ever seen. Hand warmers lighting on fire causing comp to crash, Warm up mode bog!! OMG stupid i have seen so many guy sit and have a beer then fire up their sleds make it a quarter of the way up the hill and bog out. Maybe they will come out with command start next so you can start your sled and let it warm up for 15 minutes before riding it.

Every sled has issues but i constantly see you in polaris threads bashing the pro. So go put on your skidoo onesy and mama will be by to tuck you in shortly. Sweet dreams. Maybe you will be back in westridge beating up on a pro again tonight. baaaahahahahahahahaah.

lol if you got out even 1/10th the times i get out you might see some better results. just sayin LOL

does skidoo have jammies? can someone order me a pair? LOL

anyways sorry for destroying your thread im out. i dont belong here. LOL

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maxwell's knowledge take it with a grain of salt he's not always speaking the truth.

Unfortunately he's been able to hood wink a lot of unaware 4m members with his bull$hit and Doo spew. There is more than one good choice out there guys, we're lucky, don't just eat the YELLOW snow, one size really doesn't fit all. Hope he never switches jammies, christ we'll have to listen to all the same crap over again with a different sticker.

recguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think maxwell actually does go to the mountains almost every weekend. He must have an awsome job to be able to do that. My stupid job prevents me from riding as much as i would like to. We can't all like the same machines, which is good, but i can't understand why some people have to be such pricks about what other people like. It must make them feel important.

I love sledding and i am glad that sleds are where they are today. Competition between brands creates better brands.

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think maxwell actually does go to the mountains almost every weekend. He must have an awsome job to be able to do that. My stupid job prevents me from riding as much as i would like to. We can't all like the same machines, which is good, but i can't understand why some people have to be such pricks about what other people like. It must make them feel important.

I love sledding and i am glad that sleds are where they are today. Competition between brands creates better brands.

Lack of self esteem, and sometimes.............small d___ syndrome. Sometimes both.

High Velocity

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
highmarking isnt everything. but i wont even get into the technical riding aspect of it. i guess you would have to witness it. burandt can make it work so really what i say is invalid about technical riding i supose.

yes clutching was bone stock on both. and yes both sleds were stock. remember the 2012/13 xps sleds now come with the same track i had on the 2011 xp so how is that not a fair comparison? pro hasnt changed its track and i was running the doo 2012 version of the track. so seems pretty fair to me.

You are correct, maxwell, highmarking isn't everything. That is the only area, though, that the XP has a chance of beating a Pro. You are right for not getting "into the technical riding aspect of it". This is where the Pro absolutely rules. Proven time and time again by many skilled riders. There's no doubt a skilled Doo rider can put his water buffalo in the same spots as a Pro, but he'll exert way more effort doing it. It seems a lot of Doo boys just can't grasp the concept of "Work smarter, not harder". Instead, they'll go to their grave defending their choice to spend $15,000 on an ill-handling machine. Like Ron White says, "You can't fix stupid".

lewey

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
doesn't this ongoing battle make you guys want to smash your head against the wall! this ch!t is painful!!!

StewartsDragon

Reaction score
This is the most painful pissing match I have ever read on this forum. Oh maxwell always stirring up the pot. But its good to hear of another ski dont owner switching over to polaris. Going for the win of course. hahaha

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't think he likes the Pro, theres a WHOLE lot of others who are having fun and will disagree with him, and the numbers are growing. If anyone tells you they know exactly how durable dependable and functional the new XM features are they're blowing air up yer a$$, cause the proof will be in the puddin and all we've seen is some demo sleds, we'll see how they stack up after a few thousand miles. The Pro's are proving themselves to be as dependable as the rest and just a lot more fun. The other thing to note is gotta make you wonder why there are these same few guys trolling all the different 4m's shouting from the rooftops that there ain't no way there could ever be a sled as good as the one they chose, don't eat that crap, thats ego talking. The Doo is a great sled, Cats making great improvements and should be a consideration, but these guys ranting that their Doo is so superior are talking out of something other than their mouth. Pay attention, it'll become pretty obvious that theres 3 viable choices, none of them really wrong. Good luck

This wasn't even a comparrison between a 2013 XM Summit and a Pro I had posted, half your comments are invalid as it was directly related to what I feel is a difference between the XP's and the Pro RMK's. At no time did I say the XM is the cat's ass in comparisson. You have ridden a 2013 Summit?

You questioned and highlighted how I would know I would like a 2013 Summit? Umm okay, spending a day on it I can see what I liked about it. I don't understand what you are questioning.

Then to comment that my observations are trivial...okay? The original question was what he would notice, I posted the things I noticed in a pro/con format. What are your observations? I didn't see anything useful posted other than flamming of other people's posts?

50lbs is 50lbs yes, a 50lbs bag of feathers is equal to a 50 pound bag of apples, you get a gold star. Like I said, once its on the snow, I can't feel the negative effects of the heavier XP. I am guessing you are someone who can and needs to justify it?

Are you the same lenny trolling Doo threads on other forums? Next time you are going to quote someone have something tangible to reply with. Good god. End Quote :)

Top Bottom