So you still think Mexico is safe?

kanedog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kanedog 2015-2019, thanks for the good times S&M!
I will NEVER go back to Mexico after my last experience there, I have never been so scared for my family in my life and we are lucky to be alive what we saw was unexplainable, I cannot talk about my experience on social media because it could get me offed even here I believe, I have researched what has been happening and it is waaaaay worse then even the media are portraying, go ahead and holiday there, I can't stop you but I will never step foot in that country unless I am heavily armed and dangerous!
I was thinking I might get offed for posting Mexico stories on snow and Mud too! Weird that I also got that feeling. Except I went for it despite my feels. Nice knowing y'all!!!

Last edited:

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure the cartel gets its money from drugs, prostitution, human trafficking and extortion, not tourism.

Lots of yes. But guess what lots of tourists do? Drugs and prostitutes!!! They spend lots of money when down there to that they get to.

SicLoco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lots of yes. But guess what lots of tourists do? Drugs and prostitutes!!! They spend lots of money when down there to that they get to.
Tourists spend lots of money in the markets . You must've noticed all the markets sell the same stuff because it's controlled also by cartell

Keith Brown

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tourists spend lots of money in the markets . You must've noticed all the markets sell the same stuff because it's controlled also by cartell
Those are not the Mexican cartel's
Those market cartel's are from CHINA. But you are right a Chinese Flea Market is the only place your are truly safe in Mexico.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Spend your time on the resorts or in open market areas and touristy areas, you'll be fine. Off the beaten path might be a different story. Resort towns are usually pretty safe, because the cartel tends to stay away from those areas, because tourism drive the resort towns, and they protect it.

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

freeflorider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was thinking I might get offed for posting Mexico stories on snow and Mud too! Weird that I also got that feeling. Except I went for it despite my feels. Nice knowing y'all!!!

I quite sure the cartel isn’t on snow n mud. Even if you watched them shoot someone in the head there not going to care one way or another, if they did you would of been shoot on the spot.
Now if you banged there gf or wife and made off with two keys of there product, yah might want to keep that on the down low.

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just goes to show everyone’s comfort level is different. I wouldn’t enjoy seeing people get shot in the head and have no plans of trying to steal 2 kilos. Not really into drugging women and taking them out of hotel rooms. I guess Mexico is just not the place for me. Rest of you enjoy your trip. lol

freeflorider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
4F85C66C-2733-4E5A-85ED-8CE6EDAE7456.jpg Nothing like getting up in the morning and walking out you’re front gate and saying, dam you guys had fun last night. Forth of July in April lol. I like to slum it a little.

freeflorider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just goes to show everyone’s comfort level is different. I wouldn’t enjoy seeing people get shot in the head and have no plans of trying to steal 2 kilos. Not really into drugging women and taking them out of hotel rooms. I guess Mexico is just not the place for me. Rest of you enjoy your trip. lol

I will agree with the escalating rise of violence in Mexico it has really become the Wild West. I’m sure most of us aren’t use to seeing body’s and gun fire. I to have moved onto better places, maybe not any safer but the cartel conducts bisness in a more upbeat fashion where we go.
anyways I’m off to Indonesia Thursday and I don’t see gangs of monks running around chopping people up so I’m not going to worrie about dieing this trip.
It’s a big world and Mexico is not the only place to be. I’m not a resort guys so driving the country side is where you’ll find me,but it has a price to pay for sure.
enjoy

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Vacationed in Mexico 7 or 8 times and worked down there for 5 months in 2008. Have to say I feel more comfortable there then I do the moment I cross the 49th parallel. Things to keep in mind outside the resort is to not flash money, mind the attitude and keep the booze under control. Actually in this day in age with all the world crap going on your probably more likely to get shot or run over in a public place in a first world country then shot in or robbed in Mexico

Top Bottom