Snowmobile Helmet Light

iceman5689

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How is that light mounted with just the rubber straps to the handlebar or bumper? Strong enough? Being able to plug it to dc port would be great though!

Cubby

Reaction score
I got rid of the handlebar mount that came with it and installed a GoPro mount. Here is a picture of it.

I drilled a hole through the light and bolted it on. The light uses a USB cable.

Attachments

• 20201210_181113.jpg
    20201210_181113.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 338

iceman5689

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got rid of the handlebar mount that came with it and installed a GoPro mount. Here is a picture of it.

I drilled a hole through the light and bolted it on. The light uses a USB cable.

It didn’t come with the GoPro mount tho?

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
frankensled here as well... its not the brightest at 900lumes but the battery last forever on the high setting. doubles as a flashlight. comes with all the mounts and charging systems. again the battery, I doubt you will need to charge it through out the season. pretty handy piece to have.

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought a couple of these and I’m impressed with how bright they are. I already had a drift camera mount on my helmet so I got my brother to drill and tap a 1/4” hole. The 4000 mah bank I had laying around lasts a little over 2 hours.
74EEAAA6-76BF-4BA8-BB57-089D975F22D3.jpg

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i bought a flashlight a few years from from a guy on this site who had an LED outfit... cant remember the name. it hurts your eyes its so bright... I need to find a good mount now... any good gopro to flashlight mounts out there? monkey fist of some kind?the flashlight is about 1" around at the battery.

Diamond LED I think was the guy

2kDoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hands down Frankensled.

Co worker of mine, Randy, from Cochrane is one of owner. Support local for sho !!

greenthumb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Has anyone had experience with these?
I'm using the older version of that light. Its decent.
Fenix is one of the few companies that provide honest specs and runtime/output charts. That particular light is on sale right now on their website cheaper than your link.
https://www.fenixlighting.com/produ...MIvLSfwPmB9AIVCtGWCh2y7QuXEAAYASAAEgKvFPD_BwE

Last edited:

+SLEDWRECKS+

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This OLight Seeker 2 has been good so far, using rubber mount on a go-pro clip. I think I paid $160 from Amazon.
Also have a Rigid dual beam wired to ion/lith battery pack.

Olight.JPG

Olight2.JPG

2010m8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hands down Frankensled.

Co worker of mine, Randy, from Cochrane is one of owner. Support local for sho !!

I got one and absolutely love it. Don’t even need the light on my bike if I have frankensled on.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Another dude for Frankensled. A buddy got one for me when I pulled him out of a far away basin. Funny thing is that I use it more for work than sledding. It is in my pack in the winter and I seldom use it. In the summer or in the house it comes in so handy for those out of the way places when one is looking for that last screw/nail that is holding something. Under the sink they are awesome as they stand vertical. Can't say enough good things about them.

gdhillon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

What kind of battery back do you run it off, do you mount that on your helmet as well?

Cubby

Reaction score
Just a regular usb battery power pack.

Yers I mount it on my helment on the top. I just tuck the wires into my jacket and have the battery pack in my breast pocket inside the jacket.

flabbajabba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was so against the Franklin light
I almost didn’t want it to work
I bought two batteries no matter how much the guy told me I wouldn’t need it I was blah blah blah gimme battery
I don’t even know how long I’ve had it now
Battery battery battery the thing never dies
My group uses it in the cabin for light and still never had to use extra battery
I like that it works when machine is off and even if a wired light was brighter I wouldn’t want to deal with cord on my helmet
If it’s not enough light throw a led on your sled between the two you’d have both advantages.

now let’s hope that every sled mounted light is under the snow this season and everyone needs a helmet light

Heavybrewster

Reaction score
The main problem with helmet lights is that the lens needs to be flush with the bezel as well as being convex. Snow builds up on the recessed lip and you loose your light.

Top Bottom