Snowmobile Helmet Light

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
After riding in 4 ft of fresh at night last weekend, I have been looking at helmet lights.

Lots on the market, but whats the general opinion of the “best” one? Of have heard from people what they like and do not like.

Im currently looking at the mountainlab 1800 lumen, it looks to have excellent battery life along with output.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
After riding in 4 ft of fresh at night last weekend, I have been looking at helmet lights.

Lots on the market, but whats the general opinion of the “best” one? Of have heard from people what they like and do not like.

Im currently looking at the mountainlab 1800 lumen, it looks to have excellent battery life along with output.
Nextech has the (best) imo. Mines eight years old I’m still working on real just put the battery in your pocket plug in the light on your helmet and go for 8http://www.nextechindustries.ca/HL20.html to 12 hours. I’m guessing the new ones are even better. Made in Edmonton

Last edited:

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We use a scuba LED light that goes to GoPro mount

Attachments

• 11.PNG
    11.PNG
    421.9 KB · Views: 480

GreyGhost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I’m not using mine for a helmet light. But check out rigids. I got the flood/spot combo and it produces 1000 lumens. It’s definitely bright and works good

LID

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

SUMMIT TREE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My Frankensled one is good quality. It blows me away that the battery holds its charge as good as it does. I rarely actually use it, so it rides in my pack all the time. Been in there for probably 3 years at least, and its still as bright as ever! What?!! Most flashlights that live in on top of my tool box in a heated shop dont hold battery as good as this thing!

5Lgreenback

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tusk light has good output. But if its cold out you need to keep the battery warm, otherwise the run time goes from hours to minutes.

2010m8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My Frankensled one is good quality. It blows me away that the battery holds its charge as good as it does. I rarely actually use it, so it rides in my pack all the time. Been in there for probably 3 years at least, and its still as bright as ever! What?!! Most flashlights that live in on top of my tool box in a heated shop dont hold battery as good as this thing!

I second this. Turned mine on yesterday after using it 5-6 times last year and it was still bright. Never had an issue with cold either. And the ability to put it in low beam is nice for working on things as your not blinding everyone when you turn your head. Oh and go pro mounts make it awesome to swap from helmet to sled/bike when wanting too.

Ganibis

Reaction score
I got a Garmin Varia UT800 I am eager to try out this year. Seams extremely bright, and I supposed to have a 4 hour run time.

roughriders

Reaction score
i have several and the mountain lab 1800 is the best all around for brightness and size. but i just ordered one that has a 1300m beam projection so will see when it arrives

i have the cyclops that they do not make any more that is brighter than the mountain lab but requires battery pack or be plugged in to 12v

franksled does not come close on lumens, for the price it is fine

tusk dual helmet setup i had i sold as the batteries die quick in the cold and are 8.4v so you can not wire to sled

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That scuba light runs the old GoPro battery too, can pack a couple or charge them through the day in the dash with USB... Not saying its going to last 8 hours but its like 20$

M1ryguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Our group all uses the frankensled and mountain lab. We usually leave the cabin when its dark and ride a bit on the way down, the batteries last for hours and have never had one run out yet. we all have either snowbikes or headlight deletes so its the only light source we have and they work great.

Cubby

Reaction score

Attachments

• 51us4k-P6lL._AC_SL1001_.jpg
    51us4k-P6lL._AC_SL1001_.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 238
Top Bottom